the Rift

[PRIVATE] Words on Weather

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

A M P E R E
The silver-forked sky lifts you up like a star

She caught sight of him, even in the dark, as he drew upon her. She didn't turn at first, but watched him from the corner of her gaze as he reached out, then lingered, then pulled away. Her breath had hitched in her chest as he did so, and her muscles had tightened, pulling her hide taut with anticipation and expectation. Electricity seemed to hum off of her, filling the space between them, but it fell away as he did, unable to connect them. Her breath whistled out in silence. Her rigidity faltered with a cold shudder. What she did not expect, was the heaviness that filled her heart, submerging it into her being as if it had taken on water.

She wanted so badly to be touched, to be held, to be loved. She craved the reassurance of his physical touch, grounding her when she so often spun through the sky in the throes of storms. He could, he had before, even if he hadn't known it then. That want made her desperate to lean into him, to reassure him that there was comfort there, that they were existing. She was not so strong as that though, not today. So she remained with the space between them, forcing a smile onto her lips as she bent her head to him, having to respond to his words, rather than his grip - it felt empty because of it.

"Gaucho would have," came the cruel whisper of her traitorous thoughts in that brief moment, when Mesec had reached to take her and failed. Her smile waned at this, and within she felt a horrible ache for that strength, that control, that fire. She had had it once, and It had burned her. Now she wanted to dance in the starlight, tangled in the chaos of the wind.

"Don't congratulate me yet," she said evenly, surprised as she always was in these moments that her voice was not as broken as her heart. I might be terrible." She smirked, and it was lopsided and disheveled, just like her. She didn't want to think of that though, because it was another weight upon her withers, another anchor to him. She wanted to feel light, she wanted to feel dark.

She breathed, letting quiet spill between them, broken only by the voice of the ocean as it sang war to the earth and peace to her soul. She felt, good next to him, because he was cool and he was easy and he was everything else that the Wildfire hadn't been. So she reached out her hand, asking for him to take it.

"Won't you fly with me?" she asked, lifting her wings from her back with sudden snap. Her 'brows lifted, and the blue of her eyes was mischievous as it swept over him. "I want to enjoy the sunshine a bit longer, before the storm comes." What she said didn't make any sense, because even though there were grey and angry clouds on the horizon, the sun had since set. Of course he might know, because this day would be no different from all the other ones they had shared, no matter how much she wished of it.

That was why she didn't wait, but reach out to nip at his neck as she streaked on past him, hooves pounding out speed while her wings swept up the wind and took her aloft.

Be the lightning in me that strikes r e l e n t l e s s

Blusl.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Words on Weather - by Ampere - 04-25-2015, 02:44 AM
RE: Words on Weather - by Mesec - 04-26-2015, 12:46 PM
RE: Words on Weather - by Ampere - 04-26-2015, 11:16 PM
RE: Words on Weather - by Mesec - 05-06-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: Words on Weather - by Ampere - 05-18-2015, 01:49 AM
RE: Words on Weather - by Mesec - 05-24-2015, 08:30 PM
RE: Words on Weather - by Ampere - 05-31-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: Words on Weather - by Mesec - 06-06-2015, 10:51 PM