the Rift

[OPEN] Here I Am

Drake Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
'This is me, there's no where else on Earth I'd rather be'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A sweet breeze rolled through the rocky terrain, flowing through his tangled mane. He could hear the rushing of the waters not too far off as he neared the territory of herd he had scented.

Cloven hooves carried the beast up the rocky paths, slowly making sure that his footing wouldn't slip, one wrong move and he'd be rolling down the hill. And with the sharp rocky edges of the hill, Drake doubted it'd end in a happy ending.

The dark unicorn looked around, taken by the view of it all. It seemed the the gods favored this land, blessing it with beautiful rainbows. He wondered what had happened in the past for the gods to bless this land. Was it before it became herd lands? Or after when the herd came into favor by the gods.

There had to be some kind of history among the rocks. Drake had not seen another place like this one especially with its perpetual rainbows.

The beauty was astounding to say the least. This fact caused a bit of nervousness throughout Drake's body. What if this herd wouldn't accept him? To the stallion, at least, he wasn't very handsome. And to live in a place like this? Why, Drake would stand out like a sore thumb. He watched the land carefully, wondering if the herd who called this land home had already seen him. It was possible as he was currently standing on a rather steep hill. Bits of rock and pebbles rolled down the hill as he adjusted himself, looking down at the fall he could take with a wrong step.

Suddenly, Drake was very glad that he had been born with cloven hooves, yet, at the same time he was upset to not have been born with wings as well. The beast imagined it'd be easier for the pegasi to travel around the falls. Still, the thought did not daunt him from the unicorn's mission.

And with a mighty roar of a whinny, Drake made his presence to be known.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drake wants to join the Hidden Falls! But will he succeed? That's up to its residents lol. Force is allowed on Drake but please don't mangle him ;u;

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
She was getting used to these lands. The feel of the lush grass as it pressed up against her feet, the way the water sprayed against her coat from the waterfalls as the wind blew in. The lovely scent that came with the water, the lands, it was beginning to welcome her much as the mists of the Edge had done. Still, she was waiting for Quilyan to return to the Falls, to come back with Rue in tow. And, each day was putting her more and more on edge. She wanted her family reunited, she wanted it all to work out.

Alas, as she began to move toward the borders - to continue her daily inspections of these lands to find a new place to begin a garden like she had in the Edge - she heard a loud whinny reach the skies. She shuffles her weight - Valiance bursting off of her back and shooting towards the creator of the noise. "Unicorn. Not ours," he announces to Resplendence - watching the thickly built, towering stag and inspecting each bit of him. It was only when she pulled up but a few feet before him, that Valiance took his spot upon her haunches once more. Of course, he was still puffing up - looking strong, threatening - should this stag have some desire to injure his princess, his bonded.

"What brings you here?" Resplendence inquires, head tilted ever so delicately to the side as her massive tresses curled up around her frame and the maroon glitter began to fall, to pool at her feet. Aye, no glowing - she was most definitely not at ease around this stag who easily towered above her. But, she somehow was still managing to hold her wits about herself for the moment. She does not offer her name, nor her rank. She doesn't wish to give that information until she knew what was going on. Still, she feared lash back from someone for what Archibald, Kaj, and Kahlua had done. She was not going to be anyone's first target, not yet.

Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Drake Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Drake waited for someone to show up, he watched for anyone from the herd in the region he was in and nervously pawed at the ground with a cloven hoof.

He didn't know what the herd was like, did he choose the right one? Maybe the beast should just keep venturing until he'd find a herd or maybe even make one of his own? But who'd follow him. No it was safer to see if the current herds would take him. Who knows what would happen if he were to be on his own.

Shock went through his body as the unicorn spotted a flying reptilian. Though the beast himself was rather magical when one considers the unicorns of legend, Drake was still rather new to Helovia. The tales his father and mother told him were apparently true.

Dragons were real and that was definitely a dragon if he ever knew one.

Drake curiously watched as the dragon perched itself onto another horse. A beautiful equine mare of a dun shade. He watched her carefully, not knowing what a dragon taming horse was capable of. Though he'd imagine it would have been quite a lot.

'What brings you here?' she asked, straight to the point. No introduction no nothing.

But she had reason to be suspicious. The beast would have been as well if some strange horse showed up at his borders. Though it'd be nice to be able to trust every horse, that was unrealistic. A person may be trustworthy but people as a whole were not.

"The search of a home is what brings me to your doorstep."Drake grunted, his gravely voice vibrating through his vocal muscles. The beast dipped his head down, far enough so that the tip of his horn was pointed towards the ground. He did not wish to seem threatening to her, though the difference in size was obvious and the dark unicorn was nervous over that fact. "I'd like to make this place my home.... if you'd have me..."

@[Resplendence]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
Resplendence shuffles her weight, watching as he took in the dragon upon her back who was puffing his chest and ruffling his feathers. Aye, he was most definitely a sight for sore eyes. He was gorgeous - most definitely to Resplendence who called him her own. Still, she did not greet with formalities. She asked what had brought him here, and her body stature was stronger. Aye, she wanted to be sure that this towering unicorn did not think she could be trampled over. And, with Valiance upon her back she hoped that it made her look stronger than she was.

He claims that he is here to find a home - that this place was the one he wished to call his own, should she be willing to have him. His voice was grave, but he was dipping his head low enough to keep his horn pointed at the ground and not at her. Aye, that was most definitely a good step towards earning her favor. He was not at least acting as though he were not a threat. "What is your name? And what can you offer?" she inquires - on edge, wanting a purpose that he might offer for the herd. "I am Resplendence, and this is Valiance," she finally added. She was uncertain of what was to come of this, but after his current actions she felt as though he might as well at least receive a name - just not her title. She would not let him know she held a position of power, just below that of the Kings and Queen. She did not have any desire to be attacked right away. Aye, most definitely not attacked. In fact, she would prefer it didn't happen at all.

Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love