the Rift

[OPEN] my king and queen [Edge Leads Competition]

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
(Bringing Verlaine ashore/observing)

"Go ahead", she nodded to the mare who had been called Verlaine. Maren's silent eyes had already observed enough to know that the frail body of the girl would easily fit next to hers in the wooden vessel. The vessel, which was still waiting on a name itself. The thing had been silently waiting for her return in the dry sands of the beach, but after the tigermare had pushed the boat back into the water, the thing began to sing. With its squeaking symphony encouraging her, she waded through the water and hold the boat still, waited until the (perhaps) soon to be queen had taken her seat (not yet throne). Maren waited for a moment, gazing in thought at the ambitious girl as she felt the water pressing against her legs. Why do you want this? Then the priestess too, jumped into the boat. At the same time pushing it out of the sand's grip. "I'll guide you into my home, but from there on you will have to take over the reins again yourself." As they slowly slid through the water, the striped-mare's gracefully rowing and keeping all steady, the others leaped through the air beside them, wings of fire blazing along their sides. Maren's burgundy shaded eyes moved back to Verlaine. The girl... What did she search for in this quest? "You may want to be Queen, but a queen speaking so fondly of war..." A burning tongue has always been my curse.But then she hesitated, a slight frown hooding her eyes as her movements to keep the boat moving forward felt the hesitation. "Frightens me." In the desolation of the waters she had spoken her mind, once again. She resumed her strong peddling, remembering that a boat ride took longer than a quick flight. Still, she sunk back in her troubled thoughts.

Do you want to be frightening - Is that your wish? Is that what you seek for in power and is that why you want the Goddess of the Moon by your side? The thoughts made sense, felt true. But she simply didn't know - wasn't suppose to know this mare's holy purpose. And whatever the hands of faith would crown her with, it would be neither wrong or right.

Arriving at the Throat's desert island later than the rest of the group, the boat sledged ashore. The sounds it made making it obvious it longed to be sailed along the smooth silky seas, rather than desert sands. One last time the tigermare looked up at Verlaine. "Good luck", she said with a smile all the same. For the path of this land's future would be decided in the coming days, and it would not be any less interesting if that path was one paved in shadows.

"Talking."

[Item: Boat | Design of a wooden Norwegian rowboat with metal framework. Fits two horses and has linked paddles that are to be pushed traditionally to get the boat moving forward.]
Maren
THE INTERIM OF LIFE HAS GOT YOU TIPTOED AND PINNING ALL YOUR HOPES
ON THE TOP DOG OF DREAMS

yewrezz | x x | larfsalot
on deviantart
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
RE: my king and queen [Edge Leads Competition] - by Maren - 04-29-2015, 05:27 AM
RE: my king and queen [Edge Leads Competition] - by Verlaine - 04-29-2015, 09:51 PM