the Rift

[OPEN] my king and queen [Edge Leads Competition]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Thor && Evangeline
I’d seen so very much in my lifetime. I had survived two wars, suffered through the effects of dark magic, encountered death and love and recovery, nurtured my only child to the best of my ability, and attempted to fight for those who could not defend themselves… I was perfect by no means and even more ashamed by the actions of my youth, but still willing to fight for the World’s Edge. My story was only that, a story crafted by the things I’d experienced. However, this opportunity was not part of my story, because it was part of theirs. As Kahlua guided us toward the Throat, I took a moment to look at each individual in attendance. If I again rose to claim the throne, my life would no longer be solely mine and that was something I was willing to sacrifice. It was something I was now ready for…

The dying light of Orangemoon settled in from the west as we approached the island that was the Dragon’s Throat. In truth, I couldn’t recall a time I had ever seen it so changed… After all, it had cycled through many reigns since Kri’s departure. I was quite impressed by the drastic alterations that they had managed to achieve since my last visit; it was certainly a grand kingdom, just as majestic and warm as I’d remembered. However, I feared how one of my size would be capable of crossing the great river… In fact, I wasn’t sure how those without wings were even allowed entry. I had trailed Kahlua and her stippled friend, but I was hesitant to question her or interrupt because she appeared to be quite engaged in quiet discussion.

I did wonder what she thought of leading a great group of creatures, now vying for her rule, into a situation that would ultimately replace her… Was she just as unsettled about moving to the Falls as I? Or would she be comfortable there with Kaj and Archibald by her side? It was true that our reunion had been anything but peaceful, but I had grown quite fond of the Queen and her peaceful demeanor… Yet, she appeared troubled now, and despite any bad blood that once simmered between us, I could not help but to feel ashamed… I had chosen to return to the Edge and I had chosen to submit to her leadership, but I couldn’t leave the great land of my upbringing without attempting to settle her once more. I owed it to my past, and to myself, to remember all that I’d once believed in.

But, more than anything, I wanted to raise the World’s Edge from the ashes in which she’d burned beneath the Goddess of the Moon. She would not be a land left to her own devices for long… and I would not see her fall prey to the greed of vagabonds and mercenary groups. I would make sure that, should I be denied this greatness, that her next Kings and Queens would find a way to fulfill her wishes. I would not give up on the place I called home… no matter my personal preferences. That was not who I was… I did not want to be the man forced from my position because of my poor attitude.

I would gladly support whomever… though I wanted this more than anyone.

When my thoughts had lingered a moment to long, I was floored when I felt the ground fall away from beneath me! Sabine, though once nestled into the thickness of my unruly mane, squawked stridently. I rumbled softly to calm her, but the Zephyr only continued her endless screeching. I looked down toward the water passing just below before glancing back up again, only to find that Kahlua had donned a pair of fiery wings that I could only assume I now bore too. However, despite Sabine and her relentless crying, I was too fixated on the feeling of the wind against my face and the feeling of… freedom to notice the distance between me and the sands beyond. It had been such an amazing thing to witness; that after all those years burdened by wings too small to lift me, I could now imagine what it was like to fly.

Yet, it left an empty feeling in my chest… because now I would forever miss it. I would remember it always.

When I had finally recovered from my momentary lapse of concentration, born from a longing that had always been inherent of my species, I was slow to address Kahlua’s task. My companion had finally grown quiet once more and I attempted to send her soothing vibes in order to keep her pliant and secure. I didn’t want her disruptive behavior to draw any more attention than warranted… However, she appeared to be more interested in the gathering of creatures upon landing. Fickle bird…

Everyone appeared to have so many ideas and so many great notions, that they voiced in an array of different tongues, that I feared my own would pale in comparison. Yet, I knew that I had to be stronger than that. I had to believe that this was where I belonged. I had to believe that this was where I would find ultimate happiness once more…

I wanted to serve the Edge.

I did wait patiently for the Appaloosa stallion to groom the great Wildfire with his knowledge and again when Amaris, the dragon-child, stepped up to honor her mother’s powerful reign. To me, both appeared such natural candidates, so inspiring in their own right. Yet, each of us was different, each of coming from different walks of life that nurtured qualities any herd would find endearing. I could serve either of them should the need arise… though I hoped it didn’t.

When my time had finally come, I stepped forth, a powerful entity of strength and courage. I had never stood before such a magnificent animal cloaked in flame and primal beauty… Would I ever possess his strength, his obvious vigor? “Brother, I am Thor the Gentle Heart of the World’s Edge. I come seeking your help and your friendship, because my people are suffering without food enough to sustain them,” I began softly. I had no intention of mimicking the Sultan, despite my admiration for the man, because I was different… I was Thor.

“Of course I will understand should you have any reservations, but I thought it would be a good idea to help one another out in this grueling heat. I want to offer you and yours safe haven in the Edge, to escape the heat… The ocean breeze is still comforting despite the lack of rain. I don’t ask for a trade, but more so a treaty in which I could send Healers to help nurture your gardens so that we might all be able to enjoy the spoils. I come a humble friend and the offer for refuge in the Edge still stands no matter your decision,” I finished strongly. This could potentially be the first remnants of lasting ties between us… test or not.
image credits

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
RE: my king and queen [Edge Leads Competition] - by Thor - 04-29-2015, 08:01 PM
RE: my king and queen [Edge Leads Competition] - by Verlaine - 04-29-2015, 09:51 PM