the Rift

[OPEN] Dead Inside

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

Despite my company from the Edge back to the Falls, I had remained quiet save for a word or two, my mind too abuzz. I'd hardly even noticed as Resplendence continued on without me, and she too seemed not to notice my halt, but I didn't mind - these astringent feelings were ones I needed to face myself and put to rest.

But only minutes later did the little red dragon I knew as Valiance return, garnering a cheerful chirp from Suli and a soft, childish squeak from Merlin. Before me the red twitched his tail back and forth, and for a moment I was confused as to the signal he was trying to give me -- I didn't know him well, after all, not like my own draconids -- but my answer came the moment that Resplendence resurfaced from her task.

As she outstretched her maw towards my neck, a soft smile tugged at my dark lips that did not quite reach my eyes. In a gentle action I returned the gesture, pressing my nose into her neck and lipping playfully at her mane for but a moment before withdrawing. Dragging in a deep breath and letting it out slowly, I gave a shake of my head to her question. Resplendence was a dear friend, a sister in my eyes, and I couldn't find it in myself to lie to her. "It's a matter of the mind," I explained, "It will fade in time, though. There's no cause to worry."

I didn't need or want to drag the strawberry mare into my assumptions nor my worries, as she surely had better things to do than listen to an old man like myself and try to bring him peace of mind. So, I did the only other thing I could think of, and attempted to change the subject. "Your garden," I continued, gesturing back to where it lie in the cart, "Where would you like it to be placed?"

[I'm so sorry, Abba >__< Busy life is busy!]

image credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Dead Inside - by Destrier - 04-27-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: Dead Inside - by Resplendence - 05-16-2015, 09:38 PM
RE: Dead Inside - by Destrier - 06-13-2015, 05:19 PM
RE: Dead Inside - by Resplendence - 06-16-2015, 08:39 PM