the Rift

[OPEN] god is not in heaven

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Sikeax

Turn everything off
And just cover your neck
Cause life is full of your regrets

He remains clung to her, holding onto her like she is some sort of life-giving force, watching with hateful eyes as the stranger invades their personal space and dares to disrupt their time together. This was going oh-so-well for him up until now.
As he screams his dislike and insults in her direction, something new captures his red eyes. Sikeax is so immune to it, ignoring it's presence altogether as she speaks, but he, he can't help but be mesmerized by the very existence of it.
Excitement pours into her dull(or at least how Hobgoblin see's it) side of the bond, Sikeax idly trying to separate their feelings from one another as he floods her eyes with images of the glowing light around the mare's head. The wings were one thing, but now they were putting out a light show? She'd only ever thought of herself as of having glowing ornaments for the skull, but hey, she could be open to new things.
He bounces atop her head as if he can't hold in the question anymore. She must ask the question when his words can't make the same noise that they do, and while she did try to understand her bonded at the most that she could manage, there was nothing to make out that would lead to a shared language.
Their first meeting with the tiger mare is not their best, but what could she do? Guilt swallows her whole. She should think better as of his emotions, of how they influence her, how she lets him go out of control when everyone else seems to have their companions in control, relaxed and perfected for company. "I apologize. Hobgoblin isn't much for strangers, and sometimes it's hard to keep our emotions apart from one another."
A growl goes unchecked, but she's smart enough to know that it's directed in her way. He could be so touchy about the smallest things....
"But, he does wish to know about, uh," With the use of her horn, she makes a swing in the direction of the mare's light show, hoping that she can get her company to understand what she's going for. "the light above your head. He wants to know what it is."
What better way was there to describe the light? Was there even a word for it?
If there was, then it had clearly slipped her mind.
Guilt places another punch in the gut, coming back around for the heart. The low whisper that spills from her company is enough to tell her just how important it was there that there was only one wounded on their borders. There could always be worse. She could always find them too late, dead and ro-
She swallows, blinking as her eyelids tighten, hiding pale, blue eyes that fill with fear and terror at the idea of rotting flesh. The breath that she once held in her lungs gets caught up in a knot in her throat.
No, no, don't think of the corpses. Don't even think of them alive, breathing with pounding hearts ready to kill you when they're wearing the face of your best-
Hobgoblin bites her ear and she winces, decorating her face in pain, silently thankful that he's taken the measures to remove phobias from her train of thought and having replaced them with pain.
"It's better to think that there would never be any, but thinking that almost asks for the worst. I feel bad in saying that I'm glad at least one came. None runs the chance of death before they even arrive."
Her head turns away, moving her hurt ear slowly as the conversation picks up again. Something rises in her chest, maybe hope, maybe happiness, but there's not a name that can be added to it yet. She can never be sure with those sort of emotions when they die right as they're put in her hands.
"Thank you.... Maren? Would I be correct from what Gaucho says at the herd meetings?" It wasn't like she never took the time to put faces to the names being thrown out into the open, but having to look around the masses to find someone who might fit the ranked name was wasteful, always running the risk of missing some sort of important information in the process.
"It means a lot to hear that. The Diviners in the past haven't done much to aid me or the other healers, but I've only known one very well." The knot that had built itself in her throat earlier coils tighter, strangling her at the thought of Cera and how quickly she'd managed to build a friendship with someone she barely even speaks to anymore.
Thankfully, Maren is quick to change the subject.
What comes out next is almost, well, insulting, but she can't seem to find that way. The feeling possibly drives out from Hobgoblin, who hisses at the mention of dragon, rolling out teeth to flash his obvious dislike for such a title. He was no dragon. He was everything that he could ever want to be, and Dragon definitely didn't make the list.
"It's merely short-term shelter. I don't mind the rain, but Hobgoblin is still unsure as of it. We never intended to stay long."
And as if the fact that she wouldn't mention his 'ability' to their company is enough, he leaps, laughing internally as Sikeax jumps at the sensation that flows through her as he changes, smiling with new, larger fangs in the direction of their company. Sikeax can do nothing more than shake her head at his antics.
"I'm afraid he's no dragon and never will be. Come to think of it, I don't know what he is."
She forgets him long enough to gaze out in the direction that is motioned towards, squinting as her eyes try to make out the rocks through the rain. It could do no harm. Rocks apparently made good placement for conversation, if she'd learned anything from Bucephalus.
Without words, she takes the first step out, jumping shortly as her skin tries to welcome the feeling of cold rain.

OOC: Hobgoblin takes the form of a Golden Tiger to mimic Maren's colouring.
@[Maren]
coding
images

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Messages In This Thread
god is not in heaven - by Sikeax - 04-28-2015, 12:24 AM
RE: god is not in heaven - by Maren - 05-14-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: god is not in heaven - by Sikeax - 05-25-2015, 12:38 AM
RE: god is not in heaven - by Maren - 06-01-2015, 02:54 PM