the Rift

What Makes A Hero?

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
  archibald
   the dauntless

Archibald and Loretta moved with impressive stealth. The Czar and his bitch were careful to be unseen as they slipped through the paths in their territory. During this time, they had a desire to be alone. The herd was still shifting in the wake of the invasion. In distant territories, the wager and competitions for lead positions of the abandoned World's Edge staggered on, led by Ophelia and Kahlua. Archibald was confident in the decisions that the two mares could make, and his focus now was on this herdland--making it all it could be, and placing those in his counsel that would only help his family to thrive. However, to do that well, Archibald (and his ever faithful companion) needed to recharge themselves in solitude. With finished patrols, they moved as one unit towards the Thistle Meadow.

This place is where Archibald had helped Circe raise their sons. Reginald and Abraham were the epitome of strength, the blood of the Shadowmere and the Dauntless combined into two figures of perfection. Even with his sons' inclination towards the darker avenues of this world, Archibald still beamed on his sons. They were his legacy, even if they chose not to admit it. He knew Reginald would not. Abraham, on the other hand, seemed to hold a higher admiration for his father. Archibald understood Reginald's thoughts towards him, for Archibald was everything Reginald would never be, could not attain, and that made the youngling seeth.

Unlike his sons, Macaria was the beauty and grace of Circe touched only lightly by the strength of Archibald. The filly was perfect in every way, just as her brothers were, and she would shine forever in this world. Like her older brothers, Macaria was a beacon of Archibald's legacy. Through her, he would be seen. Even if it was small, his name was written in her eyes and his blood pumped through her veins. Soon, when the herd was stable underhoof Kaj and Archibald, the Dauntless would bring his princess home. He would teach her all of what Circe would desire her to know and more.

As Archibald wandered in his thoughts, Loretta suddenly brought him back to the surface. Look ahead. She prodded, amber eyes narrowed darkly. Golden eyes lifted to see the creature moving within the trees. A skeptical frown laced over stoney features for only a moment before disappearing into the stoicism of his general facade once more. The Dauntless watched as the chimp injected a needle full of something into a squirrel. Soon after, it withered and died. Panic arose in Loretta's breast and quickly Archibald closed the distance between himself and the tree the chimp perched himself in. "What are you doing?" Archibald asked, his deep voice commanding respect.

i-mi

@[Random Event]

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
What Makes A Hero? - by Random Event - 04-30-2015, 10:37 PM
RE: What Makes A Hero? - by Archibald - 05-01-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: What Makes A Hero? - by Random Event - 05-01-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: What Makes A Hero? - by Archibald - 05-01-2015, 09:51 PM