d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

d'Artagnan
the nightshade
</style>
"We not going to Threshold?"

d’Artagnan snorted grumpily at his bonded’s question as he veered off up the trail that led to the Heavenly Fields. "To find another Johnny? I can’t face it" he moaned, the whole meeting with Mr Candy Man had rather shaken up the poor Mender who hadn’t been made to cringe like that in a long time. At least the ordeal was over… For now. He had to live with the peppermint idiot! It certainly made the list for the most regrettable things that the Nightshade had ever done. He wasn’t quite sure he could face the Threshold again yet. What if he had a brother? Or worse, a sister? A whole damn family?! With quite forceful purpose, d’Artagnan marched up the trail the led to the top of the fields, forgetting how much of a trek it was. As he neared the top his nostrils were already flaring and his body heaving at the sudden surge of exercise. Had it always been this hard? Anyway, it was better than risking his life in the Threshold. Aramis followed behind whilst watching his bonded with a withered expression and wondering how long it was going to take for his friend to get over the encounter. Not too long, he hoped.

Now he had made the summit, the Nightshade stared across the grassy land that was surrounded by low cloud. It had been a while since the blood bay had last been here. He remembered coming to look for poison supplies with Mesec to complete a quest. His one night wonder, the Moon Goddess, had demanded he bring back certain ingredients to complete the magic he requested. Still, he managed it and she granted him the power. Though the Doctor stayed out of the way of Gods as much as he could, they meddled, the Moon a little too much. They made him nervous so he ignored them unless he really needed something. Like magic, that was always handy in a tight spot.

Thoughtfully, he reached down and took a mouthful of grass, chewing on it as he cast about the area. Not really looking for anything in particular and rather enjoying just doing nothing, it was good to be lazy sometimes and that path was a killer anyway. He was getting old, he needed rests or else the ageing muscles might give in on him. At least, this is what the shade told himself. Aramis, on the other hand, was lurking around with his nose to the floor looking for some spare food to pass the time whilst his merlot friend did nothing for a bit.

For @[Bellisma] & open!

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Bellisma Posts: 53
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 :: 8 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Bellisma
The strain of her muscles- it burned so good. This was a new sensation for her- pain that she enjoyed? In her previous life she had done anything possible to avoid pain; or at least make the duration as short as possible (which wasn’t easy, given her past captor).

Her thoughts turned to her two interactions with stallions here. They had been successful- well successful to Bellisma meant she had come out of the encounters without being mounted or maimed-

She paused mid-canter (for the crazy little mare had chosen to lope up the never-ending trail), now shrouded in clouds. Unseeingly, she realized that she was thinking of her past in the past-tense. And she was easily cantering an unknown trail. By herself. Thoughts aimlessly wandering, not fearfully attentive to her surroundings.

When had this happened? Was Helovia truly this healing? Or perhaps freedom was just that intoxicating. She briskly shook her head to clear her thoughts, mane damply sending the mist swirling around her honeyed neck. And in a easy jog she broke through the cloud and stopped once more- this time in awe.

It was so- so green. This was as green as her lovely eyes, greener than the oases of home. “Not home anymore,” she thought firmly with a comical stamp of her tiny, black hoof, “This, this is my home,” the second half of her thought escaped aloud. But she didn’t seem to notice as her forelegs buckled to roll in alluringly thick grass-

But she didn’t roll, for the earth was too springy beneath her small hooves. It begged her to dance, and dance she did. Regardless of the long trek up the mountain, of her constant state of fleeing, of her achy muscles and tired tendons. With a half snort, half shrill whinny, she sprung from spongy grass, a graceful, golden pixie fluttering above the verdant cushion.

But her frolic was cut short as her nostrils, flaring with exertion, caught the scent of a hound, followed immediately by the scent of a stud. A unique smell (it was ice and snow, but she did not know this) clung to the stallion’s scent, and her eyes grew wide to wary to outright panicked as she realized her proximity to the man in question.

“Foolish, daft," "-stupid,” the last of her string of expletives for herself escaped aloud as she abruptly landed, becoming a sweat-slicked, golden statue tensed in fear. Wide, jade gaze skittered over his blood bay coat and the thick sinew it stretched over; it skated over his disconcerting two-toned eyes, and came to rest on his twin horns. One was so sharp, the other so jagged. Both could cause so much damage- a visible tremor rippled through her thin, gilded coat.

Breath escaped her nostrils in audibly short gasps as her fear tried to rob her of breath, but her exhausted body demanded oxygen- her tiny barrel and visible ribs rapidly moving. Should she flee? No, he had a hound. Nervously her head swiveled slightly, prey-like gaze seeking the dog momentarily, before returning her frightened, pretty face to the stallion. He was so, terribly large! In her fear, her emerald stare collided with his mocha and sapphire. “Oh,” the breathy word snuck from between her lips as she met the intensity in his eyes- was it madness? Hostility? Power? She didn’t know, and terrified her even more.

Her mouth opened to say something- anything- but her terror stole her voice once more.

ooc| @[d'Artagnan] eek! So I wanted her to be comfortable (and actually speak) around a stallion for once, but I just couldn’t do it yet. She’s still too broken. Poor Bell.
Also, I hope I didn’t overstep with the eyes- I just saw them being so intense from his profile description, I couldn’t help myself! xD
Nature's first green is gold, her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower; but only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf, so Eden sank to grief.
So dawn goes down day. Nothing gold can stay.
-Frost

Please tag Bellisma in every reply.

d'Artagnan
the nightshade
</style>
As d’Artagnan enjoyed his time being lazy, his mind wandered to the list the Earth God had given him and the intriguing contents of it. The season had turned to Orangemoon and with it Tallsun had passed, which meant the Flossweed in the Threshold was now just about right to be picked without death being an unfortunate factor. Though he reminded himself that he really needed to pick up some healing herbs as well, as much as he didn’t want to, he still needed to uphold his role. However, he didn’t have a mental list of healing plants so that task was much harder as well as tedious. Still, it needed to be done. With a sigh, the Nightshade decided he’d better go supply hunting before it slipped his mind again. Yet, as he was just about to turn his dual coloured eyes noticed Aramis move jump sharply and a stranger’s scent filled his nostrils. Frowning, he looked around to find one of those things. Creatures without a horn, common bloods, filth. The Doctor had been good as of late; well good for a mindless murderer that is, perhaps it was boredom that stayed his madness from surfacing. Or perhaps it was that the desire to take revenge for Kou’s death was consuming far more of his coldness than he realized. Or was it even that he no longer had a place to despise these other creatures now he had a demi-God son with that conniving Goddess. It was more likely to be all of these things at once that bothered his mind.

His skin still prickled the same, however, when she filled his gaze with her sickening prancing. When the silly little mare noticed him she looked more like a rabbit frozen in front of a wolf. d’Artagnan wasn’t kind either, he let his irritated gaze bore into her as he wished her to disappear from the earth she stood and rid the world of another disturbing hornless. Aramis watched from afar with mild interest waiting for his Doctor to call upon him should he need.

"Oh indeed" he grumpily returned, his gaze unwavering as he watched her every movement wondering how to toy with this one. He hadn’t had a lot of fun in a while and she seemed quite taken with his presence. He wondered where she came from, was she a war refugee from their recently finished battle in the Falls? It would explain her skittishness. Displacement was a disconcerting emotion, the Nightshade knew that well enough, it was quite satisfying to watch others struggling without a home. That was, if she was from there. She could be a nomad or one of the sand dwellers. "Do you normally stand with your mouth open staring at strangers?" His snide voice wrapped around the words carefully.

"What are you doing here, hornless?" He asked simply as he shifted the weight of his leather bag.

@[Bellisma] b'aw it's fine, they're open to interpretation xD <3

filled with rage

Adoptable
Bellisma

She snapped her dainty mouth closed at his derisive words. They were sharp and condescending- she knew this breed of stallion well. Her frame, once stiff with fear, hardened into resigned acquiescence- and the green eyes glassed over as they lost the fearful white ring around them.

Terror was an interesting thing, it came with apprehension of the unknown. But now, as she visibly wilted beneath his hard gaze, the panic seemed to ebb out. She knew what came from callous-eyed, sharp-tongued stallions. That was all she knew.

Abruptly, emerald gaze drops as her breath returns, “I-I apologize, sire. Pardon my ill-manners, I am Bellisma-” the quiet bells are cut off by his derogatory question. Though Bellisma only inferred the offense by his tone, for she already assumed herself beneath him. Well- not beaneath him, but certainly inferior.

“Horn-hornless?” unintentionally, her tongue repeats the strange jibe. Quite obviously she had no horn- and if she had had one she knew Rrazmik would have ripped it out. He’d done that to one of his pets. She was glad she had no horn… Thin, golden skin rippled a the memory. Bright gaze flicks up to his horns, thick lashes blinking rapidly, before she returns her eyes to his chest, “I… I’m discovering Helovia,” the chiming of her voice still sounded awkward around the four syllables. “I’m newly of the Hidden Falls,” eyes glance to the path that led her up here- it wasn’t far from her herdlands, “and all I’ve met have been kind,” her voice hushes at the end, like a quiet plea to the large stallion.

She shifts her sculpted face towards his small leather bag as he shifts it- this was the first she had seen of such in Helovia. In Qumox only medicinemen carried such things- and medicinemen were of a different sort in the desert. Yes, they healed the useful and important souls; but, they also used their knowledge to bring pain and torture. Nervousness crosses her face and pulls unthinking words from her mouth, “What do you carry in your bag?” This time her rang clearly and loudly, eyes colliding once more with the stallion’s hard gaze. Her body visibly quivered once more, and her mind thought to flee as she unknowingly leaned towards the path she had just ascended.

ooc| Sorry about the delay [@d'Artagnan]

-Frost

d'Artagnan
the nightshade
</style>
As she seemed to wilt under his gaze, the Mender became a little disappointed as he had hoped that she might put up a fight to his words. Instead, she seemed to go the in the opposite direction in trembling submission. It was no fun like this. If she continued like this then surely she might runaway. It was probably best that she did, lingering in his presence was not good for ones health, as many before had found out. His stare was unwavering as he watched her stumble over her words and he zoned in on her confused question as she repeated a word back to him. "Yes, that is what you are. Horn-less" his words fell off his bored tongue that chided and scorned. The Doctor’s question had been rudely delivered and his response even more so, he wondered briefly why she didn’t pick him up on it, it was almost like she had a defence mechanism in place. He liked winding others up, there was something delightful about watching them go through levels of anger, yet this one showed none. She stated where she was from and, almost absentmindedly, the Mender looked back down the path towards where her herd land was. "Ah, that poor place…" his voice died away as he paused to look back at her, his dual-coloured eyes boring into her features. "You should be more careful Bellisma, not all here are kind. In fact, many aren't at all" he informed.

Then, shifting his weight onto another foot, he clenched his magic and sent it towards the water in her body. His power was much like poison; it infected the body with a narcotic and lulled the mind into weariness. If he focussed it enough he could render those before him asleep and doing so made it easier for him to escape or commit murder. However, today he only ebbed a little of his power towards her in hopes of calming her panicked mind just a little. It would be boring if she ran away. "Why don’t you inspect our new friend?" He jubilantly asked Aramis down the line of their bond. The hound almost rolled his eyes, knowing full well that the Doctor was playing with the fiery haired horse in front of him, but obeyed his suggestion anyway. It was better than doing nothing all day.

The hound slowly tried to creep nearer to her, his body language was neutral and curious, smelling the scents of the Hidden Falls. As he did so, his red-coated friend addressed a curious question that had been aimed at his little leather carrier and its secret contents. "Stuff" he replied brusquely, not wanting to reveal its contents. Of course, other than the deadly poison, he also carried healing materials. Still, not knowing something was surely scarier than the truth. "I suppose I have things that make you dizzy, or cold, or-" his gaze briefly flickered to Aramis and the hound shot a puff of fire towards her front left leg as d'Artagnan finished "hot." The Nightshade shrugged nonchalantly and switched to looking out across the cloud covered fields "just stuff really".

He wondered if she would now be a little fierier, a little braver, or had he gone too far?

@[Bellisma] it’s entirely up to you how she reacts to his magic! :3 and, of course, the fire lol

filled with rage

Adoptable
Bellisma
A fog coated her mind- which was odd, for she was always on alert while in the presence of a stallion. She shifted her thin legs sluggishly, hoping movement would push away the cloudy calm that lulled her mind into a false sense of security. The need for survival pumped adrenaline into her blood, tiny heart racing and nostrils flaring, but to no avail. She submitted to the magic, panic and fear ebbing away despite the brief outward signs of struggle. Any thoughts of fleeing left her mind.

This was fantastic. To be free of her fear? To not have the blackness hovering at the edge of her vision and gripping her mind? She could think. She could breath. Indeed, a deep breath expanded her barrel as her mind unwound. Even under his boring gaze and uncivil tone, “You do not need to teach me of the unkindness of men- I am all too familiar with it,” her voice rang clearly and calmly now- a pretty soprano floating in the meadow, despite the sad undercurrent and meaning beneath her words.

Face swung to watch the hound as he slowly approached her- and she foolishly appreciated the consideration for her fear. Her calm mind unfortunately assumed that all these measures were to benefit her, not to ensure she stay trapped as a plaything. Tuliped ears flicked to the blood bay stud as he spoke again, and she absently realized she knew not his name.

She took her eyes from the hound and went to ask the horned man- but she turned into blur of golden movement the moment fire erupted before her. She shot backwards on her haunches, pixie forelimbs lifted into the air. Her tiny black hooves flailed, green eyes ringed in white, and the brief respite from her panic was replaced with anger- before the terror overwhelmed her.

Ears went flush with her neck, snaking out her head as her teeth bared and snapped. The brief exposure to anger- an emotion she had not felt in years- allowed her to react in such a manner. Golden silk mane and tail whipped around her in her flurry of movements. His voice- which sounded so much like the ones from her past now, cold and bored despite inflicting fear- fell on her as she returned to all four hooves.

The warmth of anger simmered in her belly, beneath a mountain of icy fright. Nostrils flared wide as she heaved for breaths, ribs sliding visibly under her gilded, thin skin. Her mind screamed to flee, but she wasn’t sure she could out-sprint this stallion or hound. She was rather certain she could run longer- but faster? She wasn’t willing to take the gamble and expose her hind to either creature.

Emerald eyes were still wide as her voice rang out like wind chimes agitated into a fury by a hurricane, “All you- all you men! Given an ounce of power and you become vicious, hopeless beasts!” The desperate venom in her voice was so great, one might think (and probably correctly) that it was aimed at more than just the stallion before her.

She stood like a golden statue, every muscle taunt and pleading to run as she stood before the unicorn and his beast. “And quite clearly I have no horn. I believe I would have noticed one sprouting from head- so your clarification of it is altogether unnecessary,” she heaved a breath, her words may have been biting, but her tone was frightened, “and if I had one, I’m certain I would do better things than terrorize little mares-” she cut herself off- or rather her terror strangled her vocal cords.

The yellow pixie stood before him, the desperate panic etched into her lovely face mirroring that of a cornered doe. A whisper escaped through her dread, “Why let me feel such wondrous calm if only to rip it away?” Green gaze glittered as she stared at him like caught prey.

ooc| @[d'Artagnan] Weee I've never written an angry-scared Bell before! That was fun :D
-Frost

d'Artagnan
the nightshade
</style>
For a moment, d’Artagnan looked at the girl and questioned himself. ”Why am I doing this?” It wasn’t like one of those moments in his past, where the audacity of a hornless had sent him over the edge of his anger resulting in an unfortunate event. No. This was like… Boredom. That and habit. The day was dragging along and he hadn’t really had all that much fun in a long time and he didn’t want the world to forget about him. What better way to get your daily dose of satisfaction by terrorizing a hornless mare? He was shameless and cold, but he never changed. He looked at her as if he was looking down on someone lesser with an indifferent half smile "yet here you still stand" he said, almost complaining at her as Aramis moved in with his hopeful trap. For now it seemed his narcotic magic was working, calming her nerves and draping a blanket of weariness in her mind. It was the Doctor’s favourite way of trapping his prey; the drug tainted the body and lulled the mind into lethargy allowing him to strike with relative ease. It was much like how a snake would attack, the first move to paralyze and the second to kill. In a way, it was also his failsafe should his plan not work for whatever reason as it gave him a few more moments to escape. He could only use it on those who were alone, however, those who travelled in pairs or more were quite safe from his attempts of devilment. To use his magic so widely over two or more minds at once was exhausting if not impossible.

By now, Aramis had successfully landed his skirmish and was quickly darting away from her lunging teeth. His markings glowing in all the excitement. The Doctor watched on with a chuckle rumbling under his breath as he felt his heart skip a little at the entertainment. Blood red ears pinned forwards to her tirade of words that spewed from her mouth in clear anger and fright, the shade listened to every word. "No luck in love then? All these bad men" he asked, genuinely curious.

He quite hoped she would have noticed a horn atop her brow should she have been blessed to have one. Though d’Artagnan couldn’t quite use his own to terrorize, it was more for the final blow really, if that. His were quite fragile. It was easier to use Aramis these days and the cur didn’t mind. He was a servant of hell after all.

The petrified mare ended her wild-eyed speech on a question to which the Doctor obliged with an answer "because it hurts to have something so wondrous and perfect snatched away from you" he blurted suddenly with burning emotion. So that was it. It wasn’t boredom that stemmed his desire to hurt this mare. Instead, it was a wounded heart that hunted revenge. "Because somebody has to pay. Somebody has to fall. Somebody has to answer. Somebody has to die." His mismatched eyes seared into this chestnut mare as all his mind could see was the crippled white body of the Nurse who had bravely loved a madman only to die in a crumpled mess with no culprit in sight.

Aramis watched his friend with sad eyes as the merlot bay fell to the demon inside him. It was a harsh reminder that, although the Mender often looked calm and at ease, he was still hurting and still fighting.

"What you would know of vicious, hopeless beasts?" d’Artagnan snarled.

@[Bellisma] o_o muse explosion, I'm so sorry xD <3 Angry Bellisma is awesome!

filled with rage

Adoptable
Bellisma
She kept her wide green eyes trained on the stallion, though her tuliped ears flicked quickly between the hound and the the blood man as he spoke.

’No luck in love then?’ his relaxed voiced washed over in such contrast to her tightly wound body. “Love?” There was wary bewilderment in her quiet question. She knew not of love, she knew only of surviving. Of powerful men celebrating their victories, and being rewarded with her service. Of a lazily cruel master who toyed with his pet.

She opened her mouth to answer his mystifying question, but her tiny lips snapped closed as his fervent words struck her. The vengeance in his voice sent a tremor rippling like liquid gold through her hide. This power, this anger, this need to inflict pain- it was what she was accustomed to. It was what she had hoped to be free of in this new land with her newfound freedom.

Green eyes had grown even wider at his tone. She was hesitant to take them off the scarlet stud, but she needed to know if the hound was hunting her now. The merest of glances flicked to the hound, before she returned her prey-like gaze to the horned one. The glance told her the hound was not watching her- instead he was watching the stallion with what had seemed like worry? This realization almost made the small mare more fearful. She almost would have preferred to know that both beast and hound were hunting her, instead of such fury from the beast.

She started once again as he repeated his earlier question in a different, more directed manner, 'What you would know of vicious, hopeless beasts?' Some of these past beasts had wanted conversation when they visited her- not many. But especially Rrazmik. Talking delayed the physical blows- and sometimes mitigated them. A fractured shoulder could be reduced to a broken a rib; a dislocated tail could become a mere bruised hock. So Bellisma seized the chance to talk- despite recounting a past she wished to leave far behind. A past which looked oddly mirrored here.

“I am- no, I was the pet of- of-” terror once more stole her voice, but this time it was of a past beast, not the one before her, “Rrazmik,” the name was forced out hoarsely, sounding foreign on her tongue. She had not spoken the name since- well since she had been beaten for saying it the first time. Though the name had no weight in these lands, it had an immediate effect on the minute mare. Her form grew weary, lines creased her pretty face, and her vibrant eyes went glassy with darkness, “He was the epitome of a vicious, hopeless beast…”

Her voice trailed off, mind beginning to become trapped in the caves she had been kept. Though it returned quietly, as her wind chime voice tinkled out, “He kept me chained in my run- my place off his cave and quarters. I was taken as at two, when they defeated my herd and family,” her story was becoming disjointed as she sank deeper in her memories. Briefly, she shook her head, aiming to continue her story and survive, “At first I was his. But I guess… I guess I could not maintain a foal with his- his-” oh, saying this aloud made it so real again, “-his assaults. So I was shared. Given as a reward to battles well won, I imagine,” her glassy and fearful gaze left his eyes as she spoke bounced between his mouth, horn, chest, and ears.

Talking was good. Talking kept you alive. So she continued the most complete recounting of her tale she had ever said, “It’s surprising how differently you powerful men celebrate. But there’s always something cruel… debasing, hurting, embarrassing. Always something…” The way her voice petered out was haunting.

Though she recounted what the stallion had said, ‘Somebody has to pay.’ These were not satisfied words. This was not a man happy with his conquests. This was a man she only dealt with in the form of an unhappy Rrazmik. And, to Bellisma, it was best to keep him talking, ‘Somebody has to pay’ “Someone must answer for- for what?” The question was quiet, and she fervently hoped against hope that she had not pushed too far.

‘Somebody has to die,’ the words echoed in the slowly clearing fog in her head. “I’ve escaped- I’ve made it so far. I’d like not to die, yet,” the words were a quiet plea, but she lowered her head to level with her withers a she said them. A look of veteran resignation has stolen the fear from her beautifully sculpted face. Verdant gaze shifted down to his knees- the hooves were generally the first blow. Fire burned in her belly and in her throat- this was new. A want- no a need- to fight back. But what could she do?

She took a tentative step backwards away from the stallion. It was slow, it was hesitant, it was small. But it was still a step. She kept her head low and eyes averted from his face, unable to meet the intense two-tone eyes.

ooc| Sorry for the delay. I made it long so it was (maybe) worth some of the wait? Hehe, and don’t apologize for the museplosion! I love it when those happen! xD @[d’Artagnan]
-Frost

d'Artagnan
the nightshade
</style>
Cold still was his gaze that roved over her tense sinew and bewildered eyes. He watched her pause with calculation with the seconds ticking by and his anger was slowly abating. He had no reason to display anger to this hornless vermin and it was anger best kept for another day, a day when he finally got his glass sword to the throat of the murderer.

He listened to her tale, her misfortunes, whilst an offended look slowly worked its way onto his face. Was she comparing him to this idiot from her past? Like the Nightshade would touch a hornless in such a manner. No, d’Artagnan would play, torture the mind and sometimes murder, but never abuse so close, so intimately. It would be rare for him to touch his prey at all if he could help it. "I wouldn’t touch you with a ten-foot stick" he grumbled in an offended tone "I am nothing like this ghost of your past" he was far more classier in calibre than the blockhead in her tale. He didn’t even celebrate his victims; it was more of a satisfactory nod of approval before he went back to his daily life as if nothing had happened. Time ticked. Even as his anger abated it was replaced by an interesting annoyance at this slip of a hornless, this pathetic chestnut girl who recited a painful past only to continue to cower and back away. In all that time had she not grown a backbone? Could she not fight him a little rather than wither away in front of him. It was no fun when it was so easy. Did she not know that all these powerful men were powerful because she had no fight? No defiance?

He glossed over her question, in anger he had almost revealed too much about himself, though he wondered if this one knew the murderer, he held his tongue as "Prove it. You back away from me like a trapped rabbit and claim you want to live? Show me how much." He taunted and dared her to take the step forward, she had run away from a beast once, was she going to run away again? Or would she slay it instead. d’Artagnan was not fond of those without the glorious horn, but he also wasn’t fond of pathetic horses that shrivelled in the face of danger. The Doctor wouldn’t try kill her, the moment had gone and he was more interested in seeing if he could coax her into attacking him. "Or will you keep running forever."

Aramis was by his side, watching the exchange with interest with the glow of his markings beginning to dull and fade away.

@[Bellisma] no worries! <3

filled with rage

Adoptable
Bellisma
Ears twitch at his words- he wouldn’t touch her? She raises her head once more, gaze solidly colliding with his two toned one- seeing if, hoping that, she could believe him. And she did, she could see his disgust with her written plainly on his face, in his eyes, in his voice.

A strange worm of discomfort niggled in her barrel- was she dismayed that a stallion did not want to touch her? She had only known lust and abuse from studs, but they had always wanted her. This sickeningly disturbing feeling was knocked aside at his next words-

He said words she could not believe, ’I am nothing like the this ghost of your past.’ A disbelieving snort escaped her. Apparently the admission of not touching her inspired confidence in addition to the disconcern.

“How are you not?” The question begged no answer for she provided one, herself, “Any man who inflicts- and enjoys- pain on others is the same as him.” Her words chimed loudly and quickly, the bells they came from were red with anger that sizzled beneath the mountain of icy fright inside her.

The trembling finally dissipated from the slight golden doll. She noticed he did not answer her question. And just as she predicted, the moment the talking stopped was the moment she felt the tides shift to more dangerous waters. She flicked an ear sideways, listening for an escape. The other was trained on him, green eyes narrowing slightly from their previously wide and frightened stare.

“Prove it? Why? I’ve stayed alive as long as I have by not rising to the bait and taunts of men like you,” finally, some hints of fervor crept into her voice, “Then I’ll keep running.” She answered his last statement plainly, green eyes now burning into his own.

Then something happened. Her frame grew, her head raised, her muscles rippled as they grew tight from anger instead of fear. Though she was still sadly slight in the face of the unicorn stud.

Finally- finally- the little mare felt anger. It had laid dormant since the blood of her family flowed around her hooves. Years. But it melted the icy fright quickly. “You are so quick to call me a- a rabbit,” she spat the word, “But you- you’re a powerful man so in control of yourself and what happens to you. Take that power, that control away and see what you become. Face a torment, caged, chained, everyday. Face that and take it, unable to run- what would you do to make it stop? Even to just lessen it?” vehement words flowed as she stomped a small, ebony hoof, “To be set free only to be caught by wolves for their amusement. To see the whites of their eyes and know- know that no matter what you’ve done, you'll feel the scourge of their sadism-” she broke off and drew a ragged breath, “Tell me, stripped of your power, facing titans, what would you become?”

Her tiny ribs heaved at her feverish words, verdant eyes glowing in a face that became more and more beautiful as the fear left it.

ooc| So I really liked italics and bolding in the post o.o @[d'Artagnan]
-Frost

d'Artagnan
the nightshade
</style>
Why was he trying to explain this to her? The more she talked the more the Nightshade’s lips twisted into a humoured smile. Was he actually enjoying the conversation of trying to convince this mare to attack him, enjoying the taunting and the twisting words? His gaze bored into her, goaded her and dared her. Her words bounced off him, she didn’t seem to get it, that all the while she thought she was defying him, she became that little bit braver. The red shook his head "how do you know I enjoy it? Nor did I inflict pain on you. Your presumptions of me are offensive" he grumbled even more with Aramis holding back a laugh. "You can’t blame the dog, you’re prey and he’s a predator" the hound’s hellion tail swished from side to side and he threw an offended look at the shade "dog? Who’s offending who, cow" he retaliated gruffly. Of course, it was all a silly lie, but the Doctor wanted to see if he could shake her new found resolve. Make her question her reasons for comparing him to this ass from her past.

She vented and rose, grew stronger and spat sentences at him. He watched with interest as she evolved from rabbit to cat, not a big one rather, but it was a start. The Doctor took her onslaught of questions in silence; far more interested in the sudden change of her demeanour than the words she was flinging at him. When finally she finished he shrugged his shoulders and a grim line set into his lips. "I wouldn’t be there in the first place because the idiot who tried would be dead at my feet. I don’t allow myself to be caged, little rabbit" he brusquely replied with a nonchalant shrug. He had been caged in the past, but she didn’t need to know that.

Lastly, he turned over her final question with an answer sparking into his mind "a madman" he replied simply "I’d become a madman". Why did she think he was powerful? Did he hold a sword to her throat? Did he sneer at her crumpled body as she lay wasting at his feet? "Then again, I’m already a madman" his voice became regretful and solemn "you seem to think I’m some controlling power freak out to tie you up in some dungeon. The only power I have is the power you give me; I don’t have control either, that is why you should fear me. I don’t know how to control myself, I don’t know when next I’ll crack and turn into that monster that devours without reason to stop." He had a reason to stop once, a white mare with blue eyes and a disapproving stare. She had gone and the leash to his sanity with it. All that held it back was the Nightshade’s own willpower. He didn’t like descending into madness; it made him feel weak and disorientated.

Staring at the chestnut hornless he delivered his final answer to it all "so back to square one. Run away little rabbit or slay the vile monster" he said "for I cannot control the beast in me".

@[Bellisma]

filled with rage

Adoptable
Bellisma

”Offensive?” It had been so long since she had offended anyone. Indeed, she didn’t even know how to offend someone- well apparently she did. “Pain can be more than physical,” was all she said in response to his first words. Her eyes had grown dark, but the fire still smoldered in them. In fact, the little mare wasn’t sure if she preferred the physical to the mental torture- now that she had been free of both for a short while, she thought that the mental was worse. But if you had asked her while she was enduring the physical, she certainly would have chosen that as worse.

“It was never a question of blame…” she trailed off, now uncertain at her words and where she stood. Blame had never been the issue, it had always been a matter of survival. To her, it mattered not if the blow came from Qeddar, Rrazmik, or the jaws of wolves. What mattered was that the blow was not crippling, and hurt at little as possible. She shifted her weight backwards, thoughts turning inwards as her anger starts to crumble and she starts to visibly shrink in front of the stud.

Her anger faded more as he validated her thoughts, indeed a stallion like him would never be caged. It was only mares; small, alone, beautiful mares that were cursed with cages. Tuliped ears flick sideways at his admission to being a ‘madman.’ In her state of inner turmoil, a thought quietly escaped her hesitant lips, “You’re not like any madman I’ve met before…” The moment she said it, she seemed to want to swallow the words, eyes flickering around his face to see his reaction.

“Square one?” Since when was she in any squares. She left squares and cages behind! She wavered visibly, uncertain of what she should do- what did he expect of her? The back of her mind shrieked to run, sensing the danger that oozed from the pores of the blood bay stallion. She looked to the hound for answers, but found none in the seemingly bored and terrifying gaze.

Cautiously, she pinned her ears flush with her neck. Her head lowered, snaking slowly out, her teeth partially bared as she asked, “Is this- is this what you want from me?” Her body language was threatening, attacking even. But her eyes were wide, scared, and uncertain. And her voice was unsure as it chimed softly.

The mare should have run- should be running. But all her life she had pleased great and terrible men. Old habits die hard.

ooc| @[d'Artagnan] -facepalm- Bellisma just doesn't get it.
-Frost