the Rift

[OPEN] Small Detour

Bellisma Posts: 53
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 :: 8 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Bellisma
A fog coated her mind- which was odd, for she was always on alert while in the presence of a stallion. She shifted her thin legs sluggishly, hoping movement would push away the cloudy calm that lulled her mind into a false sense of security. The need for survival pumped adrenaline into her blood, tiny heart racing and nostrils flaring, but to no avail. She submitted to the magic, panic and fear ebbing away despite the brief outward signs of struggle. Any thoughts of fleeing left her mind.

This was fantastic. To be free of her fear? To not have the blackness hovering at the edge of her vision and gripping her mind? She could think. She could breath. Indeed, a deep breath expanded her barrel as her mind unwound. Even under his boring gaze and uncivil tone, “You do not need to teach me of the unkindness of men- I am all too familiar with it,” her voice rang clearly and calmly now- a pretty soprano floating in the meadow, despite the sad undercurrent and meaning beneath her words.

Face swung to watch the hound as he slowly approached her- and she foolishly appreciated the consideration for her fear. Her calm mind unfortunately assumed that all these measures were to benefit her, not to ensure she stay trapped as a plaything. Tuliped ears flicked to the blood bay stud as he spoke again, and she absently realized she knew not his name.

She took her eyes from the hound and went to ask the horned man- but she turned into blur of golden movement the moment fire erupted before her. She shot backwards on her haunches, pixie forelimbs lifted into the air. Her tiny black hooves flailed, green eyes ringed in white, and the brief respite from her panic was replaced with anger- before the terror overwhelmed her.

Ears went flush with her neck, snaking out her head as her teeth bared and snapped. The brief exposure to anger- an emotion she had not felt in years- allowed her to react in such a manner. Golden silk mane and tail whipped around her in her flurry of movements. His voice- which sounded so much like the ones from her past now, cold and bored despite inflicting fear- fell on her as she returned to all four hooves.

The warmth of anger simmered in her belly, beneath a mountain of icy fright. Nostrils flared wide as she heaved for breaths, ribs sliding visibly under her gilded, thin skin. Her mind screamed to flee, but she wasn’t sure she could out-sprint this stallion or hound. She was rather certain she could run longer- but faster? She wasn’t willing to take the gamble and expose her hind to either creature.

Emerald eyes were still wide as her voice rang out like wind chimes agitated into a fury by a hurricane, “All you- all you men! Given an ounce of power and you become vicious, hopeless beasts!” The desperate venom in her voice was so great, one might think (and probably correctly) that it was aimed at more than just the stallion before her.

She stood like a golden statue, every muscle taunt and pleading to run as she stood before the unicorn and his beast. “And quite clearly I have no horn. I believe I would have noticed one sprouting from head- so your clarification of it is altogether unnecessary,” she heaved a breath, her words may have been biting, but her tone was frightened, “and if I had one, I’m certain I would do better things than terrorize little mares-” she cut herself off- or rather her terror strangled her vocal cords.

The yellow pixie stood before him, the desperate panic etched into her lovely face mirroring that of a cornered doe. A whisper escaped through her dread, “Why let me feel such wondrous calm if only to rip it away?” Green gaze glittered as she stared at him like caught prey.

ooc| @[d'Artagnan] Weee I've never written an angry-scared Bell before! That was fun :D
Nature's first green is gold, her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower; but only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf, so Eden sank to grief.
So dawn goes down day. Nothing gold can stay.
-Frost

Please tag Bellisma in every reply.

Messages In This Thread
Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 05-01-2015, 07:41 PM
RE: Small Detour - by Bellisma - 05-02-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 05-05-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: Small Detour - by Bellisma - 05-07-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 05-09-2015, 06:51 PM
RE: Small Detour - by Bellisma - 05-12-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 05-17-2015, 07:40 PM
RE: Small Detour - by Bellisma - 05-25-2015, 12:37 AM
RE: Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 05-27-2015, 07:37 AM