[OPEN] Small Detour

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

d'Artagnan
the nightshade
</style>
Why was he trying to explain this to her? The more she talked the more the Nightshade’s lips twisted into a humoured smile. Was he actually enjoying the conversation of trying to convince this mare to attack him, enjoying the taunting and the twisting words? His gaze bored into her, goaded her and dared her. Her words bounced off him, she didn’t seem to get it, that all the while she thought she was defying him, she became that little bit braver. The red shook his head "how do you know I enjoy it? Nor did I inflict pain on you. Your presumptions of me are offensive" he grumbled even more with Aramis holding back a laugh. "You can’t blame the dog, you’re prey and he’s a predator" the hound’s hellion tail swished from side to side and he threw an offended look at the shade "dog? Who’s offending who, cow" he retaliated gruffly. Of course, it was all a silly lie, but the Doctor wanted to see if he could shake her new found resolve. Make her question her reasons for comparing him to this ass from her past.

She vented and rose, grew stronger and spat sentences at him. He watched with interest as she evolved from rabbit to cat, not a big one rather, but it was a start. The Doctor took her onslaught of questions in silence; far more interested in the sudden change of her demeanour than the words she was flinging at him. When finally she finished he shrugged his shoulders and a grim line set into his lips. "I wouldn’t be there in the first place because the idiot who tried would be dead at my feet. I don’t allow myself to be caged, little rabbit" he brusquely replied with a nonchalant shrug. He had been caged in the past, but she didn’t need to know that.

Lastly, he turned over her final question with an answer sparking into his mind "a madman" he replied simply "I’d become a madman". Why did she think he was powerful? Did he hold a sword to her throat? Did he sneer at her crumpled body as she lay wasting at his feet? "Then again, I’m already a madman" his voice became regretful and solemn "you seem to think I’m some controlling power freak out to tie you up in some dungeon. The only power I have is the power you give me; I don’t have control either, that is why you should fear me. I don’t know how to control myself, I don’t know when next I’ll crack and turn into that monster that devours without reason to stop." He had a reason to stop once, a white mare with blue eyes and a disapproving stare. She had gone and the leash to his sanity with it. All that held it back was the Nightshade’s own willpower. He didn’t like descending into madness; it made him feel weak and disorientated.

Staring at the chestnut hornless he delivered his final answer to it all "so back to square one. Run away little rabbit or slay the vile monster" he said "for I cannot control the beast in me".

@[Bellisma]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 05-01-2015, 07:41 PM
RE: Small Detour - by Bellisma - 05-02-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 05-05-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: Small Detour - by Bellisma - 05-07-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 05-09-2015, 06:51 PM
RE: Small Detour - by Bellisma - 05-12-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 05-17-2015, 07:40 PM
RE: Small Detour - by Bellisma - 05-25-2015, 12:37 AM
RE: Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 05-27-2015, 07:37 AM
RE: Small Detour - by Bellisma - 05-31-2015, 06:41 PM
RE: Small Detour - by d'Artagnan - 06-04-2015, 02:48 PM