the Rift

[OPEN] Hummingbird Heartbeat

Brigand Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I watch the conversation go on, listening to her explain how we'd gotten shoved around by the earth, how we lost each other and found each other again. It was nice how families can always find each other. It's nice that he found us and was willing to stay with us to speak.
I look up at her again and whisper in her hear once more. "I do love him though" and then I'm dancing around, small limbs prancing. A dance I'd made up all on my own. I hug myself with dual wings as I do so, my eyes squinting gleefully. "Father, Da!" I say to myself. Maybe to Gull as well.

I stop for a few moments to stare at him. To stare at his insides. Maybe he was made of clockwork. There was a sort of ticking in his eyes that got me thinking about what was inside. I stared up at him, my eyes a few shades darker than his sky-like ones. "Da, we're like the same." I say, though I don't know if that's how it's supposed to go. I sigh and shake my head. "We are the same..?" I try again, though it sounds like a question. "We are one" I spread my wings to include Mum in this whole exchange of glances. "All of us. We are one because of family. Family makes us one." I say, my heart fluttering at my own innocent words.

My heart wasn't used to this much excitement and happiness in one situation. It fluttered like a butterfly at first, but in it's rally-like excitement it transformed into a bird of great song, fluttering from my chest into my head. Making me shake my head to the beat of a drum only I could hear. I was fired up. Ready to go and live in this family, Leliel as well, I guess. We could all just be a happy family.
That is when I say it with such happiness and such glee. "We could all be a happy family, Da, Mum, Leliel, and Brigand!" I say my name like that so they understand more, though I'm not sure if it changes anything or makes me look stupider.

I smile up at flowery Mum, and rusty Da, my heart fluttering with a thousand song birds. A family. I liked the thought of that.

@[Muriel], @[Gull]

Messages In This Thread
Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Muriel - 05-01-2015, 11:19 PM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Gull - 05-02-2015, 12:36 AM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Gull - 05-02-2015, 02:45 AM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Gull - 05-08-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Gull - 05-23-2015, 02:32 AM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Gull - 06-04-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Muriel - 05-02-2015, 02:02 AM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Muriel - 05-02-2015, 11:43 PM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Muriel - 05-09-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: Hummingbird Heartbeat - by Brigand - 05-14-2015, 09:26 PM