the Rift

[OPEN] what now? | Gaucho

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
the Transcended
As she waited, her mind wandered, her body a pale ghost in the bright sun of the Dragon's Throat. She wasn't here, not the way she had been once, dedicated body and soul to the sands beneath her hooves. So much had happened, so much pain endured - her heart had been picked at, pieces ripped away, exposing the tenderness underneath. It was difficult now where it had once been easy. She wished she could figure out why.

There was nothing for her here save family, and once the twins were grown, her family wouldn't need her anymore. What use was she to them now? She had no skills, no abilities to set her apart from the masses. What little she had done, once, was a gift from the Sun, a magical ability whose disappearance left her wanting and empty. She had been a Sultana once - again, the God's gift - believing that she had been chosen for a reason, that she had something to offer to the herd. But she had been displaced as easily as she had ascended, and as far as she knew, she had left no mark on the land or their herd in her time either as Forger or Sultana. Even her wall was gone now (she had Gaucho to thank for that) - but she could see that they were safer without than they ever would have been upon its completion.

What, then, was her purpose? Was she nothing more than a broodmare, destined to forever stand longingly in her mate's shadow?

Could she never hope to make a name for herself in this land?

Gaucho's flaming descent drew her mind from the darkness, lighting a path to a smile. "Shekh ma shieraki anni," she offered in greeting, pressing herself close to his darker frame to accept his touch. She was surprised to see lines on his face where there had been none before, and the realization that he - Gaucho, the WildFire, the Sultan, her Sun and Stars - could tire was more than she could bear; she buried her face in his neck. His voice was strained, and she was filled, suddenly, with guilt - for putting her own needy desires before his, for not stopping to think that he had enough going on without her adding to his load. "I'm sorry," she whispered in his native tongue. "I know you're busy, I... I just... wanted to see you." She swallowed, hard, knowing there was more she wanted and suddenly unsure he could grant her those desires.

Astraeus settled in a tree, his trained eyes locked on the twins. He was vaguely aware of Vorsa's presence. It was Mara he greeted with a warm trill before falling silent. He offered a soothing touch to his bonded's mind, concern for her enveloping him. She had been sad for far too long, it seemed, and he had been able to do little to fix it. Perhaps the big stallion could, even if Astraeus didn't trust him to do much of anything except break her heart.

"Talking."
-Astraeus.-

Translations ::
shekhikhi | my light; a pet name

@[Gaucho] - I'm so sorry for the wait. Life kind of exploded and I haven't really had a chance to catch my breath, much less sit down and focus on anything. If it's been too long, I understand!
Sohalia
Image Credits
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
what now? | Gaucho - by Sohalia - 05-02-2015, 04:44 PM
RE: what now? | Gaucho - by Gaucho - 05-13-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: what now? | Gaucho - by Sohalia - 06-09-2015, 06:58 PM
RE: what now? | Gaucho - by Gaucho - 06-14-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: what now? | Gaucho - by Sohalia - 06-14-2015, 01:26 PM
RE: what now? | Gaucho - by Gaucho - 06-14-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: what now? | Gaucho - by Sohalia - 06-14-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: what now? | Gaucho - by Gaucho - 06-18-2015, 10:32 AM