the Rift

[JUDGED] It's So Cold In the D

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Finally, some warmth. Too bad there was shitty sand, though. Oh well. Guess it couldn’t be helped.

I huffed down again, folding my legs underneath me even as you fluttered at my side—a delicate little monarch butterfly, your wings etched in a distorted pattern that didn’t quite look enough like the real thing. Still, though, you were soft and gentle, a rare sight in a season that pulled everything in grey and frost. Seeing you flitting about gave one the image of spring and bursting, blooming flowers dotting the landscape in every size, shape, and color.

Fruit, I called you with a sardonic snort. Fruuuuuuit.

I felt a tiny rise in indignation from you—and, with a little sputter of sprkcrack! and a wave of blue, electrical light, you emerged as a fat, shiny hornet, making your way with a furious buzz toward my nearest ear and making yourself a hellish (yet still kind of adorable) nuisance. I grinned and laughed, my ears pinning and my lips pulling back as I snapped at you. Gerroff o’ me, asshole, I thought, and you buzzed away and, in a snap of skrcrack!, you were robin flittering away from me, your breast proud and red in the evening sun.

You’d been doing this for a while—every chance you got, as soon as you figured out you could. It was such an amazing thing, and so sweet that it was starting to hurt my cheeks from smiling so much. And you loved it too—you felt so free after finally succumbing to such a natural urge of yours, the feeling of your body shrinking and growing, of bones snapping and muscle knitting and coming out of all of it as an entirely different creature.

Yeah, I’ll admit. There was some envy somewhere in the painful smile. Bite me.

But anyway, yeah. So here we were in a familiar place where fire burned eternally and the ground was laced with awful, shitty sand. It was warm, though—and with that fact coupled with your new power lifting my heart, I wondered if it would be enough to send me to sleep. I was starting to miss it.

So I laid down and I rolled to my side and I closed my eyes and I breathed as evenly as I could, as monotonous as I could, trying my best to lull myself into some sort of restful hypnosis.

It almost worked, too; the only things I could feel were the steady pounding of heat from the crater and the vague sensation of soaring that came from you as you winged your way away from me, exploring the skies and stretching your wings while you had them. Steadily, something black and velvety lay across my consciousness—and if I could just keep this up, if I could just keep my mind empty, maybe I could…

…maybe I…

clop,clop, clop.

Motherfuck.

I didn’t even see them but I could hear hoof-steps not too far from me, growing in volume like they were approaching, the harsh note of falling hooves against tough, barren ground rattling in my skull, shattering the velvet and making my head whirl with things--

Clop, clop, clop.

“HEY,” I screamed, my eyes snapping open and my body bending upwards, rolling to my feet and rocking into a standing position. “Yo, piss off I’m tryin’ to sleep!” But I could snarl and growl all I wanted to, and it wouldn’t make a lick of difference; sleep had been there, but it was snatched from me and my heart raced too hard and furious to ever get back to it. I was fucked.

I scream-growled in frustration and, with my blood rising to a boiling point in record speed, I charged for the brownish, feathery smudge in the distance, my horn pointed for the unfortunate bitch or bastard—as though chasing them away would somehow beckon the sleep back to me again.

[WC: 658
PC: 1/3

Location: Helovia's Heart, near the crater. Early evening, sun is just staring to set, dry conditions with some shrubs and loose rocks.

For @[Astrasza]!

Limited Timeline!]

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
It's So Cold In the D - by Roskuld - 05-03-2015, 12:24 AM
RE: It's So Cold In the D - by Astrasza - 05-03-2015, 05:37 PM
RE: It's So Cold In the D - by Roskuld - 05-05-2015, 01:40 PM
RE: It's So Cold In the D - by Astrasza - 05-06-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: It's So Cold In the D - by Time - 05-06-2015, 07:26 PM
RE: It's So Cold In the D - by Roskuld - 05-07-2015, 11:54 AM
RE: It's So Cold In the D - by Astrasza - 05-11-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: It's So Cold In the D - by Roskuld - 05-13-2015, 12:12 PM