the Rift

[OPEN] Converge [Edge Leads]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia listened to words she expected. Kahlua chose Mauja. She did not make this assumption because of their obvious public displays of affection but rather because she knew Mauja. He spoke eloquently, thought through issues clearly, and despite somehow winding up on the wrong side of events, he was generally well-liked and well known. While she could not speak to the event itself, not having been there, she trusted Kahlua’s judgment and watched with quiet, strange eyes as the events unfolded from where she cowed in the corner. No sooner had Kahlua chosen her lead, she had declared herself a member of the herd again, and Ophelia struggled with the sudden and violent influx of rage. Nostrils flared, and a few drops of crimson rain slid down her cheek bones.

Why then had the Aurora Basin fought? For a split herd no less? Ophelia had planned with Archibald and Kaj, but she had operated under the assumption that Kahlua was an integral part of this decision. What did this show the rest of Helovia? The World’s Edge had invaded to escape the brutality of the Moon Goddess and now she was throwing all of that away? What then was the point of this war and of involving the Aurora Basin. Ophelia had used favors, fortified her contacts. And Kahlua wanted to stay as a seer no less! A direct agent of the Moon Goddess!

Unable to look at the painted mare anymore, Ophelia turned her head to gaze out into the trees, glaring into the nothing space. As the beat of her angry heart slowed, the red rain stopped falling on her coat, fading back into pale porcelain once more.

She was not aware that Mauja was trying to catch her gaze, lost as she was in the shadows. The two stallions, so opposite and tangled in her history, cracked jokes that made her uneasy. What were the odds that past and present emotion would collide so completely? Bitterly, she snorted in her head. Considering her luck, damn good.

Ophelia, surprised by Torleik’s presence near her, looked up and furrowed her brows, feeling her heart catch in her chest as his whiskered muzzle nuzzled into her ear. He had never been so obviously affectionate before, and his words were now spoken beyond her mind. “I remember,” she murmured back, finding that very statement ironic. How could she not remember? “I’ll be here,” she promised, nodding her head toward Mauja. “Your queen awaits,” she teased lightly, the light in her eyes still heavily guarded.

The pale princess settled her thoughts on Ampere, and she rolled her eyes slightly. How quick would she be to support the boy-child when he gave his ‘sore loser’ speech? She smiled, the expression sickly sweet. “If you believe in Cathun, make him your lead,” she stated simply. That was honestly all that needed to be said to either of them. The words she would want to say to the boy would not do well coming from her, but she found amusement in his sudden turn from wanting the position – now that he did not get chosen. Every action he made and every sentence he spoke was so obviously narcissistic and self-enveloped. How could anyone expect him to see past his own hooves? There were no words to ground those whose heads were stuck so damn high in the clouds. Only time, experience and hardship would bring humility.

Lena was much more diplomatic and kind, speaking words that needed to be spoken instead of those born of anger and frustration. She was a gem among coals, a beautiful soul among the tainted. Ophelia felt dirty just being in her presence, but she nodded kindly to the healer. Nyx mirrored her sentiments, Thor seemed… Untrustworthy.

Ophelia took a deep breath and came to stand beside Elsa, listening to her accept the position of general. That made the pale princess smile. She nodded to the feathered one, finding her to possess grace in a rather graceless group. “I am humbled by your attitude,” she said quietly. “Too many blame others instead of looking to their own failings and wanting to grow. If you ever need help or a spar, I will be there. You have all the foundations of a good leader, as I said before, and I think you can learn much from being a general. I learned from being a spy under Kri for a year or so before venturing off on my own, and those skills were invaluable.” A piece of her history slid out, aging the pale princess considerably. Few remembered that she had lived in Helovia nearly since its inception, and she had traveled across all the herds.

“Good luck, Elsa,” she murmured, offering a kind gesture by reaching out her muzzle. Then, the solitary creature descended into the trees to wait for Torleik, torn.

[[Ignored the meta-play parts!
Tagging those I mentioned/Phi is talking to
@[Elsa]
@[Ampere]
@[Torleik]
]]

Art by: equusamor @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Converge [Edge Leads] - by Ophelia - 05-03-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Kahlua - 05-03-2015, 12:28 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Mauja - 05-03-2015, 01:05 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Torleik - 05-03-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Ampere - 05-03-2015, 07:09 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Mauja - 05-04-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Cathun - 05-04-2015, 06:17 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Lena - 05-05-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Elsa - 05-05-2015, 04:10 PM
RE: Converge [Edge Leads] - by Nyx - 05-05-2015, 05:10 PM