the Rift

[PRIVATE] it starts with me

Aveira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
<style>.connormain { width: 350px; font-family: 'Open Sans Condensed', sans-serif; font-size: 35px; color: #F6F6F6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 80%; padding: 5px; 0px 0px 0px; } .connorsubh { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 8px; color: #D0D0D0; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 0px; } .connorposta { width: 320px; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9px; color: #020202; text-align: justify; line-height: 110%; padding: 20px; background-color: #f6f6f6; } .connortagz { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 7px; color: #f6f6f6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 8px; line-height: 110%; border-top: 1px solid #fff; border-bottom: 1px solid #fff; } .connorbold b { color: #8E0000; } </style>

AVEIRA
YOU'RE GONNA MISS ME WHEN I'M GONE
One long, light grey wing with black tips was extended out at Aveira’s side. The mare’s slender neck was arched as she gently licked at her feathers, cleaning them. Every few moments, though sometimes rarely, she had to nip out a broken feather or one that had become too damaged. It didn’t hurt and merely kept her wings in good shape for flying. For the time being, Aveira had decided not to fly for a while. She was unsure of how far she had flown away from her birthplace, but it had felt like thousands of miles. She very badly needed a break from it for a while.

Eyes half-closed, Aveira then switched to her left wing and folded her right against her body. The Arabian-shaped Pegasus stood within a field of purple weeds, thistles, and grass that seemed strangled. There were only a few straggling blades of green poking between the choking weeds. It was late morning, nearing afternoon. The sky was mainly clear with only a few clouds and there was just barely a breeze in the area. So far she had no complaints. Warm rays of sunlight felt amazing to her skin and she wanted to soak it all up while she could. Autumn was clearly close and she doubted the nice weather was going to last much longer.

At last finishing with her preening, Aveira inhaled a deep lungful of the fresh air. It was actually pretty relaxing being here. None of it was familiar to her, but she liked it. Dipping her cup sized mug to the ground, the dame took a mouthful of weeds and grass and went on to chew and swallow. She seemed to have walked about six steps forward ─ while still continuing to stuff her face ─ before she even finally noticed that a noise of hoof-beats could be heard. Immediately jerking her head sky-high, Aveira pricked her ears forward to try and pinpoint where they were coming from. The equine, or whatever it was, was obviously closing in on her location. How did it know she was here?

Freezing still, she could only wait for the newcomer to show its face.

DONE | 362 WORDS | FOR CAMON

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel

A violent spray of upturned soil, grass and weed flies up from the path; rough abuse has left noticeable imprints in the earth where these amber daggers had been. Feathered limbs are locked tightly against my side as I race -- jaw is open, sipping air as my lungs expand and collapse. Each muscle is working, rippling with the zealous pride of youth; every fiber and tendon engaged. Ahead of me is the world, which was mine to grasp by the horns -- a beast to mount and ride upon. I fled from the idea of magic and witches; left behind that beech tree with its water sparrows and bat lizards, transcending down the first of many obstacles.

I aim for nothing other than heading beyond into the wide expansion of (average looking) land. A day and night pass uneventful, and by morning on the second day I'd almost forgotten the peculiar youth and her witch-like abilities. Come first light I sprang (with renewed spunk) from one of many towering sweetgums that grew tall and strong in this area. A doozy yawn splits these lips apart; the pink curl of my tongue slithers out. My mood saw an improvement -- certainly not to the point of rainbows and sunrays. But improvement.

By midmorning these wing joints begin to ache and force me to the ground. Less than an hour or so later all four feet are cresting over yet ANOTHER steep, grassy mound. Does this meadow have no end?? The terrain is dull and the excitement of it has already worn away. With a steady breath these gems glance up to scan what they naturally assume to be MORE empty field. Just as I move to descend, my bored stare catches a blemish in the landscape. A stranger, with her brow pointing in my direction.

It obviously would've been more natural to continue my timeless waltz as if her presence meant nothing; pretend she was merely a bluefly buzzing in the distance. But of course my social fraction side is faulty and pron to all sorts of idiotic things that surprisingly didn't keep me up at night. Like the genius that I am...this brain along with every crevice, freezes. Ridiculously I'm expecting the girl to burst at any moment like those poor tweeter birds had; water the grass with blood. The wind catches her soft grey feathers and the sunlight outlines that streamline flesh of her feminine shape.

She'd been minding her own beeswax and I'd been minding mine.

COME SO FAR

Table by Wanda

@[Aveira] - This is set before he finds his armor. :)

Aveira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
<style>.connormain { width: 350px; font-family: 'Open Sans Condensed', sans-serif; font-size: 35px; color: #F6F6F6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 80%; padding: 5px; 0px 0px 0px; } .connorsubh { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 8px; color: #D0D0D0; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 0px; } .connorposta { width: 320px; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9px; color: #020202; text-align: justify; line-height: 110%; padding: 20px; background-color: #f6f6f6; } .connortagz { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 7px; color: #f6f6f6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 8px; line-height: 110%; border-top: 1px solid #fff; border-bottom: 1px solid #fff; } .connorbold b { color: #8E0000; } </style>

AVEIRA
YOU'RE GONNA MISS ME WHEN I'M GONE

Aveira spotted ivory wings and a two toned body gliding down from the sky, which told her that the equine was practiced in the art of flying. Frowning a tad, the mare wondered if this place was just covered in Pegasi. So far the dame had only met one regular horse and the rest had been like her. Well, except that they were all shorter. It made her feel as though she was a towering monster compared to everyone else, which didn’t help her insecurities one bit. She hoped that this stranger wouldn’t be dwarfed by her like Spice had been.

Exhaling out a long breath to try and calm her mind, the mare waited while keeping her eyes concentrated on the direction she had seen the horse descend. It only took a few minutes before the figure came closer, giving her a better look of his features. Nervousness filled her blood as she realized he was a male. Her past with stallions had given her a fear of being around them. Yet she had to admit she was kind of glad to finally see that there were Pegasi of the opposite gender here. She had only met females so far since arriving.

Taking in his appearance with her light blue eyes, Aveira took note of his horns that had a glittery material around them. The sight of it caught her attention and she couldn’t help but think of how pretty it was. She was a bit disappointed though to see that he was shorter than her. Not but much, thankfully. Turning her gaze to his gangly legs and the rest of his body, Aveira finally saw that he was not quite full grown.

She twirled her left ear to the side of her skull as the fluttering of little birds’ wings reached her. The mare waited a moment before deciding that he wasn’t going to speak first. Offering a small smile she then spoke. “Hi, are you from around here?”

DONE | 331 WORDS | FOR CAMON

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel

Of course that smoky woman didn't suddenly combust as my imagination had briefly anticipated (because that would have been ridiculous) -- there is a dangerous moment that I'm both sickeningly disappointed and relieved. Remorseful because the easy route out from under her stare and the coming conversation had been reduced to me wishing she would suddenly be removed from the equation. (By whatever 'combustion, ect' means necessary.) There was gratitude for her remaining all together for the obvious reasons. The top three include an avoidance of future nightmares, therapy and a strong phobia of fleshy things.

Our gems seem to lock for a brief moment as we regard one another passively. Then those icy mirrors race off to drink in the gifts my momma had blessed me with. Her stare falls with endearing silence on the horns that grace my head like a cage -- her attention leers at the jewelry dangling from either bone. Uncomfortable warmth begins to pool at the base of each antler,(as it always does when an oblivious glare lingers to long.) My mellow expression squirms to a frown; consciously, I lift my head. Hopefully directing her attention away from my treasures.

The ploy, or perhaps my uncomfortable expression is a success! Those studying orbs finally flee their mark, they move to trace up limb and feather. My stare stays politely aligned with her face, forcefully resisting the urge to counter with a little eye rape of my own. Apparently she was thoroughly scanning (enjoying) my heart throbbing physique. That blackened jaw works to form a grin far more welcoming than my stoic expression.

Was I from around here?

"Nope," came an abrupt reply that was far less forthcoming than my appearance might suggest. I knew that awkward silence would quickly follow...or I could find something else to say -- OR these feathers could spread to the wind, limbs charge down the remainder of that mound. Give those curious eyes a real treat, as two impressively shaped hindquarters glisten under the sun. Rippling with youth and graceful power; mouth watering, soul nibbling fruit that was tantalizing, forbidden.

Leaving.

Rude idea. I force both knees to unhitch themselves. They stutter to life and walk me the distance separating us. This brain may be on the thaw, but it still hopelessly lacked anything intelligent, "Are you from around here?" The real question was, did I care what her answer would be? A late inquiry, considering we are standing face to face.

COME SO FAR

Table by Wanda

@[Aveira]