the Rift

[PRIVATE] it starts with me

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel

A violent spray of upturned soil, grass and weed flies up from the path; rough abuse has left noticeable imprints in the earth where these amber daggers had been. Feathered limbs are locked tightly against my side as I race -- jaw is open, sipping air as my lungs expand and collapse. Each muscle is working, rippling with the zealous pride of youth; every fiber and tendon engaged. Ahead of me is the world, which was mine to grasp by the horns -- a beast to mount and ride upon. I fled from the idea of magic and witches; left behind that beech tree with its water sparrows and bat lizards, transcending down the first of many obstacles.

I aim for nothing other than heading beyond into the wide expansion of (average looking) land. A day and night pass uneventful, and by morning on the second day I'd almost forgotten the peculiar youth and her witch-like abilities. Come first light I sprang (with renewed spunk) from one of many towering sweetgums that grew tall and strong in this area. A doozy yawn splits these lips apart; the pink curl of my tongue slithers out. My mood saw an improvement -- certainly not to the point of rainbows and sunrays. But improvement.

By midmorning these wing joints begin to ache and force me to the ground. Less than an hour or so later all four feet are cresting over yet ANOTHER steep, grassy mound. Does this meadow have no end?? The terrain is dull and the excitement of it has already worn away. With a steady breath these gems glance up to scan what they naturally assume to be MORE empty field. Just as I move to descend, my bored stare catches a blemish in the landscape. A stranger, with her brow pointing in my direction.

It obviously would've been more natural to continue my timeless waltz as if her presence meant nothing; pretend she was merely a bluefly buzzing in the distance. But of course my social fraction side is faulty and pron to all sorts of idiotic things that surprisingly didn't keep me up at night. Like the genius that I am...this brain along with every crevice, freezes. Ridiculously I'm expecting the girl to burst at any moment like those poor tweeter birds had; water the grass with blood. The wind catches her soft grey feathers and the sunlight outlines that streamline flesh of her feminine shape.

She'd been minding her own beeswax and I'd been minding mine.

COME SO FAR

Table by Wanda

@[Aveira] - This is set before he finds his armor. :)

Messages In This Thread
it starts with me - by Aveira - 05-03-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: it starts with me - by Camon - 05-05-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: it starts with me - by Aveira - 05-07-2015, 03:06 PM
RE: it starts with me - by Camon - 05-07-2015, 09:24 PM