the Rift

[OPEN] inspired by adolescent dreams

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Another scream, this time it holds more raw power to it, like he's finally gotten hold of the vocal cords in his body. "Please, stop. There might be predators." Something else fills her ears, echoing like a distant whisper carried along by a tired wind that has lost it's might. Excitement that isn't her own fills her chest with a faint sense of mischief, tainted by the worried that Sikeax brings to the table.
Hobgoblin, now intrigued by the sound that isn't Sia's, bursts from his previous path, soaring over the mare's horn and following the fading light towards the exit in search of whatever he could find.
For once in her life, Sikeax is scared for the safety of someone else when his hands are ready for blood. She can't control him. He's his own being and almost has power over herself, guiding the bond with a yin and yang tango that destroys the other.
"Hobgoblin! No!"
Months of having lived on the ice and snow has taught her important lessons, such as it isn't wise to move quickly upon the slick floor. His wings are faster than her's and she can never trust him, and in the heat of the moment, driven by fear and worry, she gallops like a dumbass.
At first, her hooves scrape and scramble across the floor, cutting down on the long, overgrown and cracked edges of her hooves. Traction almost seems impossible until something finds a grip and throws her forward, slipping and tumbling about like a mad man. Hobgoblin's cries fill her ears as she gets the first sight of the light and a....
Child?
She finds herself skidding to make the stop in time, almost falling as her hooves do the best to uphold her weight on such a difficult foundation. The sight that fills her eyes is nothing more than a lone, small child, about the same size that she was when she left this place, left at the raw of end of the Wyvern's hateful screeches and hisses.
"You stop that! Quit bullying people! What is wrong with you?!"
She finally hits something with him as she yells. The pang of guilt that strikes her is his own.
Annoyance rather than anger fills her veins, turning to look at the child with a sigh. Her eyes check for the presence of a parent, finding only a small fox that reminded her of Imogen and Lena.
Alone.
While Hobgoblin crawls back to her with his tail between her legs, she moves to meet the small child, frowning. "Are you okay? I apologize for him; he's still a baby and I don't think he'll ever have an idea of what is right and what is wrong." Her eyes throw themselves over the distance, over the child and into the the empty abyss they'd left behind. A twist in her heart occurs, and for once, she worries that the child has been abandoned.
She checks with the child to make sure they're okay, extending a muzzle in their direction, offering comfort and affection. Babies would die when left alone to the winter.
"Where are your parents?" She takes the moment of wondering if she should really let herself be known, carelessly tossing out her name to anyone that might use it against her. Children were different things, though. She was one herself once and should be aware of their feelings and actions.
"I'm Sikeax, but you're free to call me Sia if you want to. And him," She swings a horned skull in the direction of the small Wyvern who pushed himself into a corner, watching with guilt. "his name is Hobgoblin."
She hopes the presence of names could draw the comfortableness out of the situation, to hopefully aid in the process of building up some sort of trust out of the child.
talk talk talk

@[Zahra]

S I K E A X
you've got a million and one stars to dream upon
i-mi @ deviantart

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Messages In This Thread
inspired by adolescent dreams - by Sikeax - 05-03-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: inspired by adolescent dreams - by Zahra - 05-03-2015, 05:16 PM