the Rift

[OPEN] inspired by adolescent dreams

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Claws and teeth clip into her skin, using her body as a ladder to climb to the top and stare down upon the youth. Sikeax listens with careful attention, turning to aid his ascend with her muzzle as teeth as sharp as scalps latch onto her mane and pull, pushing his claws into her neck and dragging them along her pale skin. A grunt of frustration erupts from him the moment he makes the ridge of her neck.
Deep down, she feels slightly guilty, but there aren't words designed to explain the sort of things that went on between the two of them. The more they gathered, the more sacred things became. To expel their bond would almost a complete lost of trust.
"I understand." Her voice is quiet and low as her ears tuck down to make room for the Wyvern, leaning his head out towards the child along an extended neck and chirping intently at her presence. The sound is almost teasing, as if he asks for something he shouldn't be looking for.
"He's different. I trust him, but there's times when I worry he'll do something that he isn't aware is correct. I'd be heartbroken if he wounded you and got away with it as if it was nothing." The words are replied with a hiss, swinging a barbed tail about the base of her head and along the upper section of her neck. "He'd do it again without thought if I didn't get onto him." A smile paints her lips in watery face paint, trying to make it work so that these things wouldn't be as bad as they were. "But next time, I promise not to be as harsh on him."
A sigh pushes from her lips as the child turns to look in the same direction as her. Nothing. She had been so free and adventureous as a child, but this place, it was her real home. She knew it like the back of her hand, knowing the best places to sleep, where to avoid the winds, everything. There was nothing wrong with the caves, but with a child that she couldn't trust the idea of knowing the North, it was a death trap.
Children die easier than their parents do, and she finally figures out why so many worried as of her presence in dark places as a filly.
Her motherly attention to the child is answered, almost purring towards the filly with a low nicker and releasing a return gust of warm air, drinking in the baby scent of the child. She would have to get used to the feeling that came with being near babies if she was to raise her own.
The parents are tucked away in the cave somewhere. Suddenly, she fears that she has cut the child off from it's dear parents, from their love and affection due to the brash personality of her companion. "Do you want me to help you find them? Are you lost?" It was the least she could of offered. A child lost in the caves was a fearful thought alone, and without their parents, even worse.
Zahra ends up being the name of the girl, nodding in greeting to both girl and Bird. Hobgoblin flaps his wings at the annoucement of his name, calling for all eyes on him so that he can be fully acknowledged and known.
A real smile and a laugh, something so unexpected that it even catches Sikeax off guard, spills from her lips. "I had an egg for a little while, but I don't like to admit it, it hatched into the big jerk that Goblin is." Her tone of voice is filled with harmless teasing, intending to bring out something out of the child. "Don't worry about him though, he can be a big softy."
A snort explodes from his nostrils, expressing his dislike for their jokes.

OOC: sorry for making you wait so long!
talk talk talk

@[Zahra]

S I K E A X
you've got a million and one stars to dream upon
i-mi @ deviantart

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Messages In This Thread
inspired by adolescent dreams - by Sikeax - 05-03-2015, 04:04 PM