[PRIVATE] Tell me where I went wrong

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

show me beautiful
i'll show you wonderful
as we share love

Since the invasion had quieted down into mere murmurs of discomfort, Kaj had made it his personal mission to seek out those loyal few who had followed him and Archibald to the Falls, to thank them and reestablish his bonds with all of them. They had sacrificed so much, simply because he had asked. He owed them so much, and he wanted to press upon them the importance of their actions, their decision to remain loyal and open-minded. To at least attempt to understand the reasoning behind the invasion that Kaj and Archibald had orchestrated and led together. Though he bid goodbye with a heavy heart those who turned in scorn of his actions, Kaj would not allow himself to dwell upon their leaving. Instead, he would approach those who had stayed, would seek the light in the darkness of the unsure first few moons.

Brisa's necklace still hung round his neck, ever precious. It was a beautiful bauble, and no matter that it had originated from the Edge, he saw it instead as originating from her. She had been the one kind enough to allow him to help her, had been open-minded about her promotion even as her self-confidence had wavered. Kaj did not know whether it was a slight in his own personality or not, but he seemed forever magnetized to mares who were broken and in need of soft touches and gentle words. He couldn't help but desire to shelter them all, teach them the beauty that he could see so plainly, and help them grow into strong individuals. His pride in Resplendence was unwavering, even on her bad days. Gazing down at where the bauble rested on his chest, Kaj mused on when Brisa had become part of the group that Kaj had forcefully drawn beneath his wing.

At least he knew who to seek out first.

So with the item bumping cheerily against his breast, the King - no, Czar - set out. It was a large landmass, but with his wings, the waterfalls were easily traversed. All he had to do was...blue eyes peered down from the abrupt ledge, a smile working its way across a pale golden maw. In the darkness, all he could really see was the faint outline of other land shapes, the downward foamy spiral of the water. Without a second thought he jumped from the precipice, wings snapping out to catch his frame and lift him back to appropriate altitudes. It was the speediest way to find Brisa, at least, and a way to calm his own inner turmoils.

Her gossamer hide evaded him for a few hours more. He worried for her, for Aeolus, for how she would adjust when she had already seemed so easily spooked within the familiar borders of the World's Edge. She was the first on his list for speaking to, and he combed each nook and cranny as he passed, hoping for even a glimpse of pale coat. He knew she had at least remained, and his heart was tender and aching with love and appreciation for the solidarity it must have taken for her to follow him to the Falls rather than stay where she was most comfortable. Or was it her desire to protect Aeolus that had driven her?

Before that train of thought could get appropriately out of hand (and quite possibly dangerous), a flash of ivory in the corner of his eye jolted him out of his stupor. Wings tilted, his right primaries dropping as he curved back towards the spot he'd glimpsed her snowy hide. Landing on a quiet glide, he approached the timid mare delicately, not wanting to further spook her. Her visage was cloaked in anxiety, and Kaj did not desire to amplify that with his presence - much less with a grand, brash entrance.

"How are you faring, Brisa?" he murmured as he came to stand beside her, pale blues attentive and face fully turned towards hers, dedicated to reading her emotions and helping her shoulder them.

@[Brisa]

Image Credit
Code: Time & Neo

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Tell me where I went wrong - by Brisa - 05-03-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Kaj - 05-11-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Brisa - 05-30-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Kaj - 06-16-2015, 11:44 PM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Brisa - 08-23-2015, 01:25 AM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Kaj - 09-19-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Brisa - 09-21-2015, 11:40 PM