[PRIVATE] Tell me where I went wrong

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

show me beautiful
i'll show you wonderful
as we share love

Shafts of sunlight danced in a myriad of patterns on the forest floor, blades of october painted grasses and fallen leaves leaving a taste of coming winter on the back of his tongue. But the warmth was persistent to the end, and Kaj found himself reveling in the newly beautiful sight, the shuttering of the sun from his vision by the bare branches overhead, the weak heat on his own golden pelt as he moved beneath their once verdant boughs. She was a quiet, museful sight. Undeniably beautiful, gleaming silver and pewter in the sunlight. A sorrowful sort of pretty, with the somewhat lost, tense expression on her face.

Though he had attempted to move quietly, to give her space and ample warning of his impending presence, she was spooked nonetheless. Kaj dipped his head a little, a shameful sort of apology sheepish and conspicuous on his features. Though it was not truly his fault for having startled her, he also didn't want to draw too much attention to her current emotional state. It wasn't fair to point out her fear, make her feel guilty or uncomfortable for a reaction he was so very used to with Resplendence. All he hoped for was that someday she wouldn't have to do that, be so defensive and flighty. Resplendence had grown as well, and though he knew the change of herds had been difficult, he hesitantly sent up a prayer that she and Brisa could both find some sort of comfort and stability in the coming seasons.

"I wouldn't be entirely inclined, but I'll trust you," he said softly with a smile, azure eyes playful as they crinkled at the edges, hoping to inspire some sort of comfort in the mare before him. Her own question was quick in coming, and Kaj's smile wavered, returning strained and a little forced. "Would you believe me if I said it was complicated?" he half-quoted back to her, a subtle sort of misery clinging to his syllables. There was simply so much - too much - for him to be able to tell her without her growing sick of his fable. An epic, truly.

Touching his nose to the necklace he still wore, he smiled a bit more sincerely at the woman. "It's beautiful. I came here because I wanted to see how you were doing, but I also wanted to know if you would be my Mason once more?" it seemed scarily intimate, how he phrased the question. His. But Kaj did not allow himself to dwell on it, eyes searching out Brisa's pale gems for an answer there that he would surely find before her tongue ever formed the words. She was a glorious open book, and he appreciated that. "Promotions will be at the next meeting, but I wanted to make sure you accepted first," Kaj explained a little quietly, the first hints of doubt coloring his vocals. What if she said no?

@[Brisa]

Image Credit
Code: Time & Neo

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Tell me where I went wrong - by Brisa - 05-03-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Kaj - 05-11-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Brisa - 05-30-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Kaj - 06-16-2015, 11:44 PM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Brisa - 08-23-2015, 01:25 AM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Kaj - 09-19-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Brisa - 09-21-2015, 11:40 PM