[PRIVATE] Tell me where I went wrong

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

show me beautiful
i'll show you wonderful
as we share love

She was an amusing, honest sort. Kaj enjoyed being around her for a variety of reasons, but the fact that she could make him smile even when his soul felt heavy was definitely one of the prominent factors. The chuckle that she inspired slipped warm and thick past his lips, eyes flickering to dance across her features. "We constantly astound ourselves, I suppose," he laughed, though he too felt the deeper meanings that shook like ice inside his soul. He'd rather not think about that, though, focusing instead on the soft sound of her laughter, the joy he so rarely got to see on her face. Eyes softened at the gesture, as she told him that she was willing to be his confidante at any moment. So many would say it if only for propriety's sake, but Brisa was too candid a soul to not mean it seriously. It was touching, then, to know that she cared for his troubles and hoped to lift them somehow from his shoulders. "You will be the first I seek out," he assured, voice deep and soft, betraying how touched he was at the gesture. "Likewise I am always here for you, if you are in need of me. For anything," he clarified, muzzle extending in hopes of initiating contact, if she so desired to return it. 

His comment upon her necklace, if anything, seemed to make her shy. Kaj could not help but grin for how it affected her, as he took pride in the jewelry and never took it off. Though he attracted the young and the lost to his fold like a magnet, there were few he could truly call his friends. Brisa was firmly one of them, and he cherished the physical manifestation of their relationship beyond all else. Kaj did not like to ponder on his lack of friends, and so he instead focused on the joy he felt whenever the light would glint off the sides of the necklace and remind him of the day he'd encouraged her to figure out how to make it, and how she'd presented it to him so nervously. Kaj hoped that one day she would trust him when he said he cared for her, that he would not leave her as Note had. Woah there, Kaj. Suddenly he too felt flustered, and coughed softly to dispel the notion. She'd never want him anyways, not with how broken all the others had left him. He could not see anything he had left to give her that she would want.

"Thank you," he said instead, eyes alight with happiness that she would take up the mantle once more. "Perhaps I can help you figure it out once more?" This was said far more tentatively, because he was afraid that she would realize that he was asking to be in her company because he enjoyed it, enjoyed her. Probably more than he should. Not that she would need his help, she'd done marvelously on his verbal encouragement alone back in the World's Edge. For all her self-doubt, Brisa was talented, and Kaj trusted her to do her job well.

Image Credit
Code: Time & Neo

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Tell me where I went wrong - by Brisa - 05-03-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Kaj - 05-11-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Brisa - 05-30-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Kaj - 06-16-2015, 11:44 PM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Brisa - 08-23-2015, 01:25 AM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Kaj - 09-19-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Tell me where I went wrong - by Brisa - 09-21-2015, 11:40 PM