the Rift

[PRIVATE] Rebirth
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

i am the vanguard of your destruction
"I wish to rebuild the wall," the Black King said after a moment's pause, and Mauja's wandering eyes glazed over as he stared vacantly off in another direction. Rebuild.. the wall? With every word falling from those dark lips Mauja's snowy neck grew stiffer, and when finally the rabicano was done and moving on to the herd his head had turned all the way back. He wasn't sure what was written in his own eyes—if there was more than just ice. Incredulity, surprise, shock even.. that anyone would want to keep such a heathen monument, and worse, rebuild it—it was beyond him. The wall Kahlua had been so proud of was nothing to cherish, to treasure; it was a trap, a curse, defying unity with its dividing existence just like the Throat's fucking islandification.

Maybe times were changing in Helovia.

But that didn't mean Mauja had to help it along.

"I don't agree with rebuilding the wall," he said stiffly, realizing this was the goddamned problem with shared power: opinions were bound to clash, and who was in the right? How would a compromise look? Was bashing your co-ruler into a quasi-permanent bruise a legit way to solve the issue? "It's a remnant of Mirage's narrowmindedness, a symbol of division—they, the pure, high and mighty, guarding against the us, the outcast unicorn legion of the north. To me, it is not strength—it is cowardice. It..." He held his breath for a second, but then let the words roll off his tongue along with his surprise. "It is not something I wish to stand for.

"While I agree that it has some defensive qualities, I believe it could easily be our death. This forest has a history as being highly flammable. Gates would cause a choke-point for escape, potentially costing us lives. It is useless against flying enemies. It.."
But he paused there, and drew a deep breath, before looking at Torleik with a pained look. "I've made my case, I don't need to chew your ears off as well, unless you want me to go on." And then he shook his head with a tired sigh, running back his memory lane to what Torleik had said after the shocking revelation that he wanted to live behind a wall. Uhh.. rules. Ranks. Ranks, right. Two for the head of each "class", so to speak.

When Mauja had run the Edge, it had been smaller—there had been no need for two. But.. Helovia had grown, and Torleik's reasoning was flawless. "Two of each head," he said, a half-whisper. "Sounds fair. You mentioned 'others'—what 'other' jobs did you think of?"

[ @[Torleik] ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
Rebirth - by Torleik - 05-04-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: Rebirth - by Mauja - 05-04-2015, 01:18 PM
RE: Rebirth - by Torleik - 05-05-2015, 09:01 AM
RE: Rebirth - by Mauja - 05-05-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: Rebirth - by Torleik - 05-05-2015, 05:11 PM
RE: Rebirth - by Mauja - 05-06-2015, 05:09 AM
RE: Rebirth - by Torleik - 05-19-2015, 06:51 PM