the Rift

[PRIVATE] Rebirth

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

And so it begins

The response he received was swift and contrary, and the way his black ears pinned flat against his skull was a clear indicator of how he felt about Mauja's small monologue. But feelings were not the point, here. Were they? It seemed the pale king considered it so, and Torleik disagreed with this approach. "I see. Should I become accustomed to you making decisions on past prejudices?" he queried sharply, the glare in his eyes as hard-edged as his tone. "I know nothing of this Mirage of whom you speak, and the wall means nothing to me but a tool to be used." Muscular shoulders shrugged, and his ears did not lift from his skull. "But have it as you desire. I will concede to your wish to remove the wall - but I will not live amongst a herd that has no defenses at its boundaries. Unlike the Basin, we are wide open here. I will not stand for it. No wall - but I want pikes. We can build them so that those inside can easily jump over should the need for escape be dire, while still making them a deterrent to those on the ground. I do not require gates, if you are so opposed. We could have guards, or perhaps I could convince my cousin to make us a sentinel or two like in the Basin," the former general suggested.

It seemed Polkadot was not so opposed to his suggestion about the ranks, and Torleik's ears finally began to right themselves once more. The beast had some sense, it seemed. "'Others' as in sub-ranks, I suppose. You say a wall would not protect against flying enemies - nothing but air defense would. I propose we have a regiment of pegasi warriors, a sky legion, for just such a purpose. Air patrols, air defense, first responders to events such as these fires you mention, sudden attacks, or dire emergencies within or near our boundaries." The black king thought for some time more. "I wish to have an emissary class. Those whose main purpose is to carry messages to and from other herds or groups. I want them to be trusted symbols from our herd, above reproach. We may make enemies come the future, but I will not have it said that we did not extend diplomacy first. I may be our military lead, but the impact of well-placed words can do more than an entire battle," the rabicano said with a flick of his tail. "And whatever you may think of the Moon Goddess, I would have those that are willing do their part to help our herd keep her pleased with our presence. I am aware this may be a foolish notion, and perhaps no amount of worship will matter, but I would be remiss as a leader if I did not try everything in my power to keep our herd in good health and good standing with the mortals and the goddess of our land. That is...all I have for now. I am sure, given some time, I could come up with more detailed ideas." The Bloodskald quieted, gazing at his co-ruler, wondering if Mauja would put up a fight about anything he'd said...and strangely, he found himself wondering the motives behind such fight.

This Mirage...who was she? Why did Mauja hate her? Why was the wall a symbol of her narrow minded views? To keep out the northern herds? This seemed to date back to when the Edge and the Basin came to blows...and Torleik's memory flashed to Lace, the one with the dragon who had acted far too aggressively towards Irelyn while her stallion bondmate acted far too aggressively towards the Bloodskald. The taste in his mouth was somewhat sour, and he offered one more morsel. "I remember when I first witnessed this wall. I was still new to this place, new to being general in the Basin...and new to being bonded to Irelyn. I was exploring, learning and found the wall fascinating. A unicorn came barreling out, hurling abuse at me and my bonded for...simply being who I was. It confused me, angered me, and I have never forgotten that as my first impression of the Edge. Two were kind to me. Kaj, and Evangeline. Two showed me respect. I may hail from the Basin, and I confess to you I have my deep rooted reasons to despise pegasi, but this herd will not be one that turns any being away simply for what they do or do not have on their head or their back. The measure of a man is in his words and deeds, not his body."

@[Mauja]

[[OOC: I said I'd be slow but omg using this to procrastinate studying is apparently my jam, currently. >.>]]

"talk talk talk"

Art by valerie911 @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Rebirth - by Torleik - 05-04-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: Rebirth - by Mauja - 05-04-2015, 01:18 PM
RE: Rebirth - by Torleik - 05-05-2015, 09:01 AM
RE: Rebirth - by Mauja - 05-05-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: Rebirth - by Torleik - 05-05-2015, 05:11 PM