Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

ranjiri

i try not to think
about the pain i feel inside
did you know you used to be my hero?

I had been spending more and more time alone because I still had been unable to find Ryuu and I still hadn't gone to look for Cera. Actually ... the longer I spent alone the happier I was. No, happier isn't exactly the word that I should use. I was more content, I suppose. I was able to cope witht he shit-storm that had become my life a little better. I guess it was petty of me, but it helped not having to be face to face with horses that were able to smile so readily and laugh so freely. I was so consumed with just wanting to be alone that I left the Throat again and wandered. It had been a few days (maybe a week) and, really, everything was just a blur of changing landscapes. I couldn't even remember if I had flown or walked the whole way, but I was tired because I still hadn't been sleeping much and my body was sore from the travelling.

It was the crashing waves and the smell of salt on the air that made me realize that I had made it all the way to the beach. I had traveled clear across Helovia and it was nothing but a blur and I suppose it was a bit shocking to me. I couldn't seem to shake myself out of the depression that I had fallen into and there were a few points where I wondered if I even wanted to. It seemed like every time I started to feel better something bad would happen. I fought with Cera, Hototo died, my dad died, Ryuu disappeared .... I just ... I don't know. I guess sometimes I figured that if I stayed as low as I was I couldn't get knocked back down again.

I crested a dune and slid down the other side of it, my wings extended so that I could keep my balance and not fall, because chances were if I fell I would probably just lay there until I fell asleep. As I got to more stable footing I folded my wings back against my side and stood looking out at the ocean. I had no bad memories on the beach. In fact one of my best memories was finding Ryuu there and bringing him home to take care of him. But I couldn't find it in myself to even crack a smile. I just didn't have the energy or even the drive to.

My hooves dragged through the sand as I walked toward the surf, my intention based purely on cooling myself after such a long and arduous journey. It was as I was walking toward the ocean that I became aware of another horse in the water and I stopped. I considered turning and leaving, but the pull of the ocean and the chance to cool myself off was too great and I pushed forward. The salt water swirled around my legs and the waves tapped against my knees when I finally stopped. I turned my head and glanced over at the other hybrid (look at that) and nodded. "Hello."

"."

@[Camon]

Chan

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Salt life and sugar cubes - by Camon - 05-04-2015, 03:28 PM
RE: Salt life and sugar cubes - by Ranjiri - 05-21-2015, 09:05 PM
RE: Salt life and sugar cubes - by Camon - 05-25-2015, 09:12 AM
RE: Salt life and sugar cubes - by Ranjiri - 05-25-2015, 02:30 PM
RE: Salt life and sugar cubes - by Camon - 05-28-2015, 01:19 PM
RE: Salt life and sugar cubes - by Ranjiri - 05-29-2015, 10:26 PM
RE: Salt life and sugar cubes - by Camon - 06-03-2015, 09:35 PM