the Rift

[OPEN] Salt life and sugar cubes

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel

Fire. Maybe I should've played it off as an illusion. Ignored it...but how could something like that be unseen? The ridiculous notion already has me regretting my question. If Ranjiri couldn't see -- regret wouldn't buy words or refund my time. Anxious judgment narrows upon her formulating expression; this heart has already set itself up to expect a look of momentary confusion. That was the most natural response IF this company can't witness what these gems have beheld (and are still beholding). Another expectation (one secretly more desired) was a bland look of conviction; the same bored stare that Miss Special had given me months ago. From experience, I've found that people are unsympathetic when ignorance strikes against beliefs or inborn talents. Maybe, if she was feeling particularly kind -- I'd get a glare of child-size amusement; perhaps even sympathy.

Neither occur. Instead the moist glisten of those lips lift not in bewilderment or amusement, they shockingly spread to cackle and snort. I stiffen, further put off and truly unsure of what is worth the price of laughter. A few minutes ago my expression would've mirrored the girl for whatever reason -- lured by beauty, by the swell of her foal baring hips. Appearance alone would've been enough to convince a few false loon like giggles. These flat ears might've enjoyed the rare music we made, seagrass pools could've drowned in that heart pounding way those gilden tips swell to reflect genuine humor in her eyes. Sadly, I'd missed the joke entirely.

Ranjiri heaved while I stood by in stoic silence -- it wasn't unexpected or at this point even considered lightly rude that a noticeable frown had deepened along these lips. My molars did begin to grind by the time she'd regains control and answers me -- "Great..." that word was a mutter, hardly audible over the crashing waves. It didn't matter, it wasn't like my opinion held water. No pun intended. Harmless. One brow rose in disbelief, softening anxiety and fear. For the first time in a long while I felt a sarcastic chuckle flit up before a leash could be set. "Won't take my chances. Can't say I like fire," a gruff snort follows a hard swallow. "Or this conversation..." Why did all the pretty faces have to be weird? Endless Blue, "Perhaps I'll find out if it has an end." Ranjiri had turned away, it is very likely she couldn't hear me.

The cat girl steps from our cold ocean paradise and begins to move toward the shoreline. In any other circumstance I might've casually followed her swaying gait all the way out -- but...nope. Not today. Her crown pivots to look back, my gems settle on that crimson stare openly, though instead of bidding our conversation farewell (as thought) she poses a new question. One that didn't have an easy answer. When in doubt settle for vagueness, "Lots of places," if she kept moving away the distance was going to force me to start shouting above the waves... or follow to be heard. "Didn't know those names either." I'm not the most helpful person in the world... Words come softly, hardly audible, "Haven't stayed long enough in one place."

Camon

wanted to belong here
Table by Time. Art by Angel/ Moon-illusion

@[Ranjiri]

Messages In This Thread
Salt life and sugar cubes - by Camon - 05-04-2015, 03:28 PM
RE: Salt life and sugar cubes - by Ranjiri - 05-21-2015, 09:05 PM
RE: Salt life and sugar cubes - by Camon - 05-25-2015, 09:12 AM
RE: Salt life and sugar cubes - by Ranjiri - 05-25-2015, 02:30 PM
RE: Salt life and sugar cubes - by Camon - 05-28-2015, 01:19 PM
RE: Salt life and sugar cubes - by Ranjiri - 05-29-2015, 10:26 PM
RE: Salt life and sugar cubes - by Camon - 06-03-2015, 09:35 PM