the Rift

[OPEN] Old Oaks and New Roots [Herd Meeting]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Just the beating of hearts, like two drums in the grey.

Archibald the Dauntless

& Loretta the Fierce

Their battle was over, and each warrior and member had the time to recover. Now, it was their time to be called to action once more. These actions, however, would be to bolster the land they now claimed as their own. This land deserved a herd that was dedicated and strong, and Archibald and Kaj had the mind to do just that. The news of the new Edge leads and reached the pair of Czars, as well as the word of Kahlua not returning. Archibald could not decide if he was not surprised, but certainly he felt no shock spread across his breast. The painted Queen was as much a part of that land as the fog was, and only marched into war at his side because he and Kaj had requested her to do so, and she was awfully loyal to them. Archibald, not shocked, was also not saddened. He knew the burden leadership put on one's shoulders, and Kahlua had shouldered it far too long for someone so small. She would hold a place in his life forever, as one to protect and encourage, just as he believed he would hold a place in Kahlua's heart that loved oh-so much.

Stepping up into place beside Kaj, the beast and his cur watched their subjects trickle in one by one. The cold metal of his breastplate rested against sore muscles, his most recent scrap from Ktulu evident on his body. Kaj started their meeting, and Archibald stood as stoic and regal next to him as he ever had. Golden eyes sifted through the crowd, casually searching out his kin: Ktulu, Lakota, and Apollo. However, he also looked for the demi-girl he had acquainted himself with not too long ago. Archibald would not hide that he had a fondness of the girl and her young wisdom, and he suspected they would continue to draw from each other for many seasons to come--and, at the very bottom of that, was hope in the thought. Loretta, at Archibald's heel, shifted to sit and press her shoulder into her massive bondmate's knee. As Kaj trailed on about how the Hidden Falls--the Windtossed Foothills--had suffered in the past, Loretta wanted to snarl. Her ears pinned down and a plain look of disgust filled over her face. Archibald, on the other hand, stayed impassive and unreadable. He would not suffer wounded pride for hearing the truth.

"Many of you know me, even those who did not come with us from the Edge. I am Archibald, and this is Loretta." He gave a nod down to the bitch pressed against his knee before continuing. "This land belongs to the God of the Earth--strong and humane amongst his siblings--and he deserves respect from those that reside here. While I do not ask you to be completely pious and seek him as your main deity, I do command that his name be hallowed and your actions respectful. The reason we thrive here, the reason the grass grows back to fill our bellies, is because he wills it." Archibald looked to Kaj, wondering if the boy was ready to give his allegiance to another god. The Moon Goddess had thrown all of her followers loyalty and love into their faces when she murdered because of their arrogance. The Earth God had cleansed the earth afterwards, and Archibald's respect for him had only grown.

"We have many ranks that need to be filled. @[Ktulu] is our faithful and knowledgeable general. Should you have any desire to move up in rank under her command, seek her out. She is trusted to know her warriors well, and she will test you. @[Resplendence] is our Earth Medic, and she will need loyal medics beneath her to help her keep us safe. Both mares are to respected as authorities above you. They are members of our counsel, and have proven themselves faithful to our crown. Their desires match our own, and their hearts beat with ours. Treat them well, and they will look after you with their whole selves." The gallant titan looked to each mare in turn, giving them a firm nod for confidence--not that Ktulu needed it, but Resplendence surely did. "However, we seek more members to fill our counsel. We seek a Storyteller--one to intercept and interpret messages from the Earth God and relay them to us and the herd as necessary. A Mason, gifted with powers of stone crafting to fortify our family. And finally, a head spy, a Sleuth, to help keep us safe at the sides of the warriors. Should you have interest in these areas, please seek us out."

Kaj continued to speak, mentioning travels of diplomacy and breaking bread. "Like Kaj has said, I will travel to greet the new leaders of the World's Edge and discuss the state of our herd's relationships with them. We have a solid alliance with the Aurora Basin, but in the next season we will also seek them out to continue assurance in our ties." With those final thoughts, Archibald lifted his head and waited for the worlds of his followers to spike.

[Tagged those I mentioned! -- Please fill out applications for mason/storyteller/sleuth! This application process can be assumed that you met IC with Archi/Kaj as well. Also, GET IN THE THRESHOLD!!! 8D]

Please post here in one week.

art by shady

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
Old Oaks and New Roots [Herd Meeting] - by Kaj - 05-04-2015, 10:48 PM
RE: Old Oaks and New Roots [Herd Meeting] - by Archibald - 05-06-2015, 08:35 AM