the Rift

[OPEN] Old Oaks and New Roots [Herd Meeting]

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
i was made to keep your body warm
but i'm cold as the wind blows so hold me in your arms

The herd of the Edge, the one that has boasted of its' desire for peace and peace alone, had invaded another herd. In truth, it still hasn't sunken in and it probably never would. Peace, it seems, has a time limit. Or perhaps fear can override any and all desire for peace. Fear of the Moon Goddess. Fear of death. Common concerns of mortal minds, concerns that Miykael had lost when he died all those years ago and entered the realm of angels. Some had slowly squeezed their way back into his brain since his return to mortality, but this one was still so hard to process.

Perhaps it was curiosity that drew him to the Falls or perhaps it was something else - something deeper. His heart had been torn during the invasion. Half of him worried for Alysanne's safety, knowing that she was walking into the thick of things. It was her duty, of course, as the moon doctor. But he could not help the anxiety from coursing through his veins. When she returned and he found her unharmed, he knew (though, perhaps they both knew) that he needed a change. Miykael could not condone the actions of the invasion but a change in venue is definitely in order. The other half of his heart had worried for the gray mare, December. When he met her at the frozen arches of the north, she had said that the Falls was her home.

That particular worry or fear had yet to dissipate.

His blue eyes scanned the area as he moved with ease to where Kaj and Archibald had called a meeting. There are no easily recognizable signs of December anywhere. Her scent is here, though a bit faded. Eliana was off exploring their new home, so the dunskin paint quietly slipped in to the back like a tardy student longing to go unnoticed, sliding in near a familiar face: Parelia. Miykael could not forget her gentle face, her pale hide similar to a lighter shade of his father's. Her sadness didn't escape his notice but now did not seem the moment to comfort her. Instead he turned his blue gaze to Kaj and Archibald, listening intently to what they have to say. He remains silent, finding nothing of great importance to add to the conversation.

The time didn't seem to pass quickly enough. His itch to find December merely grew as he stood here... waiting. Always waiting.

(ooc: sorry it's crap but I wanted to get something up. D: and hubby kept being an annoying pain in my butt...)

my heart's against your chest, your lips pressed to my neck
i'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
and with this feeling i'll forget, i'm in love now
Image Credits
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
Old Oaks and New Roots [Herd Meeting] - by Kaj - 05-04-2015, 10:48 PM
RE: Old Oaks and New Roots [Herd Meeting] - by Miykael - 05-14-2015, 12:10 AM