the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE]

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

For a moment everything seems to stop and I feel clarity. I escape the grip of the action as I take off from Descaro's side, watching as flaming feathers trail behind me from my wings. In the haze of the heat, I glimpse family. Strange to think I have that. My wings lift me up effortlessly, and I feel the strain on my tired hocks numb in instant relief as the pressure is taken off of my legs. I take to the air with a grace I am unaware I possess as Arbutus rises from the fray and begins swirling around my form; we watch the field below.

The stench of blood and the cries of pain are overwhelming.

I cannot look- for a moment I close my eyes and contemplate simply flying away. They don't need me here- surely I am too weak, too small, to contribute. And then there is the issue of not believing in the cause; without blind loyalty, can one even be a good warrior? It is Arbutus' cry that forces me to press my lids up against my cheeks and take in the sights once more. He is diving at a rapid speed, his claws outstretched and his body aflame as he aims for DESCARO once more. He seems relentless, intent on causing harm to the stallion. Does Arbutus know what Descaro is to me, how mercilessly he had killed? I had hoped to turn from the stallion, but with Arbutus so dangerously close, I cannot leave now.

As my phoenix flies beneath the neck and attempts to burn and bite, I fold my wings and let myself fall. My hooves reach out in earnest, my legs stretch, and I aim for DESCARO'S back and withers. The shallow cleft of their dark gray curve is dangerous- I have never considered that the force of my hooves could break flesh until now. My wings unfold and beat down to catch the stallion in their fire. I feel the heat of revenge burning in my belly; I feel a faint sense of satisfaction.

[[WC:347||PS: Tares runs from Descaro and takes to the air. Arbutus dives down to attack Descaro, swooping under his neck and hoping to burn Descaro and attempting to bite him. Tares dives down with her hooves outstretched to strike Descaro square in the back. Her wings beat down and she hopes to burn him as well.]]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lucius - 09-24-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Tares - 09-24-2012, 08:19 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Giselle - 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lloyd - 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Ned - 09-26-2012, 06:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Aurelius - 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Arabella - 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Korra - 09-26-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Monster - 09-26-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Jaydan - 09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Cineviam - 09-26-2012, 08:38 PM