the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

Triumph, glory filled the moment that he slammed into the Ice King. He had noticed a split second before impact that the Edge leader was on fire, or so it seemed. Somehow, the flames would leave him unscathed. He didn't pull out of the dive; too ready to hit the brute to change course. He nearly tumbled over as the monarch fell, and a flash of pain grabbed hold of the side of his massive shoulder. The sharp tearing of his flesh stabbed his skin. If the Unicorn tyrant's teeth were on him, the horn wasn't far behind. Deep, bellowing chords left his throat, in due pain, but more so in a rage that had been building since Faelene's saddened words first found his heart. His anger needed somewhere to go, and it had found it. The palomino spun around, throwing his hindquarters up slightly and thrusting his hooves at MAUJA. The weight of his back legs was immense, with the heaviness of his draft lineage present, and would pose a hard blow to the king if they made contact. If the ivory Unicorn managed to throw his horn at Leander now, at least it would stab his haunches and not his more vital parts. Bronzed ears nearly missed Faelene's painful cry in the fray. But only nearly.

Another sound tore from him, this time a strange, primal, bellowing scream. Leaving the Ice King in fate's hands for the time being, Leander lept off of the ground again, making his way towards the garnet locked mare. I promised her. The words rushed through his mind, a promise that needed to be kept. He would not hurt her, battle be damned. His own dark general and another shadowy mare were getting the best of Faelene, so it looked. The scent of burning flesh seared the air near them. His heart could only drop as the mare he wanted so much to protect fell to the ground, bloodied and scorched. The idea of turning on his allies passed through his mind. A bad idea, and he knew it.

Leander's golden form met the slick earth at a run, blood staining the blond of his chest. He barreled forward, aiming to get between Faelene and Azzuen. With any luck, her charge would hit him and not the General. He couldn't convince his fellow warriors not to hurt her, but if he at least seemed to take her on himself, maybe they would move on. FAELENE's silvery dagger pointed from her brow, set to cut. If he could get between them, maybe she would be able to stop in time. As if things normally turned out so well at times like these. The pinked scar on his hip would likely get some company today.

[Word Count: 468]
[Mauja's bite connects with Leander's left shoulder, near the base of his neck. Leander spins and bucks at Mauja. He hears Faelene's cry and goes back into the air, spots her, then returns to the ground and aims to run in front of Faelene, hoping for her charge to hit him instead of Azzuen.]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lucius - 09-24-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Giselle - 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Leander - 09-24-2012, 04:59 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Lloyd - 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Ned - 09-26-2012, 06:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Aurelius - 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Arabella - 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Korra - 09-26-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Monster - 09-26-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Jaydan - 09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE] - by Cineviam - 09-26-2012, 08:38 PM