the Rift

[OPEN] Technicolor Sunset

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Thor & Sabine
The gentle shifting of the tree limbs made my heart race, despite the coolness of an early, autumn night. The air was brisk and smelled of the coming winter, but it was impossibly beautiful in the Grove. Fireflies had retired for the summer, seeking refuge in the thicket and within hallowed tree trunks, but the crickets remained, their symphony lifting and dropping away as I walked. I sought to find my way to the crystalline pool in hopes of again pondering what it might be like to accompany Evangeline to such an intimate refuge… I had been troubled by the idea for what felt like weeks and had yet to mention it to anyone other than the sea in the Edge. I had never before asked a woman for their hand in such a bold and presumptuous way and that made me nervous. Essetia had been unplanned and further born from inexperience in my youth. Yet, I was older now and Evangeline was not Tamira… Things were certainly different this time around. Was it so wrong of me to desire perfection?

I had waited so long for this, or perhaps I was getting ahead of myself- I had waited so long for her. More than anything I wanted to prove to Eva that I was not like the rest, I was entirely different. I planned to stay by her and support her and… do everything that any proper man must. I was not raised to be polygamous or swindling; I was raised to be the perfect gentleman and that’s exactly what Eva deserved.

We’d been here formerly, under much different circumstances no less, and before I’d hinted toward our return, it took much deliberation on my part. I wanted things to fall into place naturally because planning was certainly not my strong suit, nor Evangeline’s. Besides, if the Pure was evenly mildly convinced that I’d coerced her here under selfish pretenses, she’d be gone faster than I could utter the word “stop”. The woman had a mind of her own and that was something I admired in her, though I hoped it didn’t keep us from moving forward any more than it already had. I had stuck by her for so long, looking for ways to convince her to be mine… this was my way of sealing the deal.
No grave can hold my body down, I'll crawl home to her
Image Credits!

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

With you by my side I can do anything
When we swing, babe, we hang past right and wrong

The grass rustled softly under Evangeline's hooves as she made her way through the Grove. Thor had hinted that he was going there and she had taken it as an invitation even if he had left far sooner than she had. Why else would he tell her where he was going unless he wanted her to follow him? She felt strange being the one following Thor and it not being the other way around. She'd gotten so accustomed to him finding her no matter where she went. At first when she had been denying him and his love it had been infuriating, but now she found comfort in it. It felt good knowing that he cared enough to actually look for her. No one else, besides Roanne, had ever done that.

"Thor?" She called out softly as she continued to walk. The Grove was such a large place with so many places that he could have hidden himself away in. The trees adn the bushes provided excellent coverage for anyone who didn't want to be seen and she'd taken advantage of that countless times. There was also the lake that was always so beautiful under the light of the moon. Tallis trilled as Eva thought of the lake and he leapt from her back, his wings flapping as he flew toward the water to see if Thor was there.

He was.

"Thank you, Tallis." Evangeline said through their bond as she moved toward Thor. Her and stomach both felt as if they were fluttering and the fluttering got worse with every step she took toward Thor. Why? She could feel Tallis' amusement as he circled high above. Several minutes later Evangeline slipped through the willows and walked toward Thor. "You can go." She glanced up toward the dragon, who began to make his flight back toward the Edge. Wordlessly, Evangeline moved to Thor's side. Her fluttering heart and stomach seemed to settle and she sighed softly, her body shifting closer to Thor's and her head resting against his neck.

Thor the Gentleheart && Evangeline the Pure

Thor & Sabine
The very moments of time left between now and then were tantalizingly delicious. My thoughts stretched and flowered from the erotic to the downright romantic… but even as fantasy was quickly approaching reality, I knew that my musings were little compared to what was to come. The night had only begun and the cool breeze helped to dissuade the heat feathering just beneath my skin, but it was an unquenchable thirst that only grew with my expectations. She was like an addiction that I couldn’t quite kick or a desire that bloomed despite a summer drought… I was lost in a black hole and willing to accept the freefall.

Her scent reached me well before Evangeline herself, and it too was an intoxicating mixture of bated breath and anticipation. I was a madman, a collector of memories, and most of all the very epitome of vivid green… My mind was too easily swayed while my heart recalled the kind of mare that had stolen it from my very chest- the excitement was almost too much for me to overcome. I was certainly married to the idea of a life with her and it was something that would begin this night, no matter how many persuasion tactics might be employed to do as much. Did I really believe that she would deny me again or was that just the fear of history repeating itself? Our days together had grown long and now only the night remained… there was no avoiding it.

Amidst my anxiety I’d almost missed the quiet beating of dragon wings, but as soon as I recognized the familiar sound, a whimsical trilling drifted through the trees. It was as if the Queen herself were being announced to my company and a lazy smile stretched across my lips at the thought. Evangeline was nothing short of a stately matriarch and nothing or no one would ever be able to convince me otherwise. There was certainly no creature on earth capable of deterring a man in love and that was surely what I was, wasn’t it?

When her footfall was close enough to distinguish from the symphony of night dwellers, I turned to face her. I wanted to appear ready despite the racing of my heart and the hesitant rise and fall of my chest. I was nervous- a mere boy asking for the hand of a woman. Would she take it? “Eva,” I breathed like so many times before. Was it any surprise that such a majestic combination of mortal and goddess was able to take my breath away? I would never claim indignity for believing her to be the most graceful, stunning, creature to walk this earth. That was simply how it worked- women trumped men in all matters of the heart. We were but servants to their cause.

Like the first time I was able to invite Evangeline to my side, my skin was set aflame at her touch. Heat, passion, and worry all pooled within my chest with good intention before rushing downward in a fiery, cascading spiral. The blackness of the void was all that surrounded us and the moments that had seemed so long just minutes ago seemed to push me headlong into a desperate cacophony of emotion. This was like nothing I’d ever felt. It was awful, it was amazing, and it was everything I’d been dreaming of.

She was finally mine.

I love you.
Image Credits!

@[Evangeline]

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

With you by my side I can do anything
When we swing, babe, we hang past right and wrong

"Eva."

"Yes." Her voice was little more than a whisper as she answered Thor. It was strange being alone with him and not having Tallis there with her, constantly critiquing everything she said and telling her not to over analyze Thor's actions and words. It still amazed her how the dragon had taken to him, especially after such a rocky start between the two of them, but as she thought back she was glad. Thor was exactly what she had needed and Tallis must have sensed that. Thor broke down every barrier she'd constructed around her heart to keep everyone out, broke her down then built her back stronger than she'd been. Somewhere along the rocky path of their relationship that was littered with argument after argument she'd fallen for him and ... she was actually okay with that. She was happy.

"I love you."

"I love you, too." She said for the first time. It felt wonderful to let the words fall so easily from her lips and to let them wash over her. It had been far too long since she'd allowed herself to love and be loved. Far, far to long. There was still that small ping of fear that plagued her and she would be lying if she said that she wasn't scared, but she had to let go of it. She had to allow herself to live and to move past everything that had hurt her before so she could have a future that was worth living for and she wanted that future to be more than just her and Thor.

"Thor?" Eva hesitated, unsure of how to approach the subject of foals. She wondered if he would even want them. "I ... I want to have a family."

Thor the Gentleheart && Evangeline the Pure

Thor & Sabine
The lines of her body did not appear so hard anymore, but more so supple and- I couldn’t allow for distractions. I couldn’t allow this to be anything less than perfect, even if the surmounting stress of such an obligation felt almost suffocating. However, it was too difficult to ignore why I’d sought her consult… here in the Grove. Was there any point in lying anymore about my intentions? Did Evangeline feel the same? The pressure was mounting; my skin was toxic- a flame made of desire and doubt… Everything had become a wave of conflicting emotion, drowning me in isolation despite her nearness, her pliancy, and her ability to simultaneously calm and excite me. When the faintest trace of breath escaped her lips, I clung to it until it morphed into sound -a single word that left me hanging- trying to determine if she too clouded those double standards we had both arrived with.

Yet, the pure bliss just beneath the warm pools of green that I had come to adore was all but mesmerizing. I didn’t want to lose myself to this moment and yet I couldn’t control where things were headed… I was helpless to the matter, a winter storm blown in from the Basin, rampant and unstoppable. But, a flutter, a certain grounding met with my attempts to fly upon hearing the four words that lifted me in both heart and soul. I love you too. I’d needed to hear that, as free and open as the wild plains of the meadow… I’d been searching for someone like her for so long. Recognizing that the search was over was like lifting a weight off my shoulders- I was finally content.

Just when I’d settled for inhaling the sweet scent that was Eva, she caught me off guard by uttering my name in that soft cadence of hers, a ribbon of absolutely, decadent sound. As I shifted to peer down at her, my eyes filling with everlasting warmth that would ultimately never decay, she parted her lips once more- this time taking me aback with her request. A family? Wasn’t that what I wanted too? Had I lifted from earth and found myself relocated in an alternate universe? Everything was too surreal… and yet too real. “Of course,” I gushed throatily. “But… you are already my family Eva, always will be” I concluded on a heavy sigh. With that, I pressed my muzzle into her slender neck- finally losing myself.

-Insert What You Will Here-
Image Credits!

@[Evangeline]