the Rift

[OPEN] Technicolor Sunset

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Thor & Sabine
The very moments of time left between now and then were tantalizingly delicious. My thoughts stretched and flowered from the erotic to the downright romantic… but even as fantasy was quickly approaching reality, I knew that my musings were little compared to what was to come. The night had only begun and the cool breeze helped to dissuade the heat feathering just beneath my skin, but it was an unquenchable thirst that only grew with my expectations. She was like an addiction that I couldn’t quite kick or a desire that bloomed despite a summer drought… I was lost in a black hole and willing to accept the freefall.

Her scent reached me well before Evangeline herself, and it too was an intoxicating mixture of bated breath and anticipation. I was a madman, a collector of memories, and most of all the very epitome of vivid green… My mind was too easily swayed while my heart recalled the kind of mare that had stolen it from my very chest- the excitement was almost too much for me to overcome. I was certainly married to the idea of a life with her and it was something that would begin this night, no matter how many persuasion tactics might be employed to do as much. Did I really believe that she would deny me again or was that just the fear of history repeating itself? Our days together had grown long and now only the night remained… there was no avoiding it.

Amidst my anxiety I’d almost missed the quiet beating of dragon wings, but as soon as I recognized the familiar sound, a whimsical trilling drifted through the trees. It was as if the Queen herself were being announced to my company and a lazy smile stretched across my lips at the thought. Evangeline was nothing short of a stately matriarch and nothing or no one would ever be able to convince me otherwise. There was certainly no creature on earth capable of deterring a man in love and that was surely what I was, wasn’t it?

When her footfall was close enough to distinguish from the symphony of night dwellers, I turned to face her. I wanted to appear ready despite the racing of my heart and the hesitant rise and fall of my chest. I was nervous- a mere boy asking for the hand of a woman. Would she take it? “Eva,” I breathed like so many times before. Was it any surprise that such a majestic combination of mortal and goddess was able to take my breath away? I would never claim indignity for believing her to be the most graceful, stunning, creature to walk this earth. That was simply how it worked- women trumped men in all matters of the heart. We were but servants to their cause.

Like the first time I was able to invite Evangeline to my side, my skin was set aflame at her touch. Heat, passion, and worry all pooled within my chest with good intention before rushing downward in a fiery, cascading spiral. The blackness of the void was all that surrounded us and the moments that had seemed so long just minutes ago seemed to push me headlong into a desperate cacophony of emotion. This was like nothing I’d ever felt. It was awful, it was amazing, and it was everything I’d been dreaming of.

She was finally mine.

I love you.
No grave can hold my body down, I'll crawl home to her
Image Credits!

@[Evangeline]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Technicolor Sunset - by Thor - 05-06-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: Technicolor Sunset - by Evangeline - 05-06-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: Technicolor Sunset - by Thor - 05-13-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: Technicolor Sunset - by Evangeline - 05-20-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: Technicolor Sunset - by Thor - 05-20-2015, 07:16 PM