the Rift

[OPEN] King of Another Kind

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
Sialia
I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

Blue eyes close, trying to blink away the fear, the frustration, the broken ego. I needed to get away from the frozen reaches I had called home. A shattered pride refused to let me stay there a moment longer. I wanted out.

I just wanted to run away, and never look back. Shame was the heavy weight on my shoulders, shame of my failures, to myself, to my leaders... They hadn't said anything about it, but I knew that they knew that I was a joke. Soldier? Who was I kidding? I couldn't even beat our silly air headed sunshine blowing time mender.

So why was I even trying to be someone I wasn't meant to be?

But I was just running away from the problem, instead of facing it. But maybe I wasn't used to this sort of situation. I was so used to being on my own that I was having issues with herd life. Working together, caring for each other... That wasn't anything I was good at. I was good at working alone, and caring only for myself. Being a mother? I was probably failing my daughter in the mom department too. I obviously couldn't hold it together.

Maybe I should just leave?

No. I can't leave. That would just make me a coward. and the only thing worse than a failure is a cowardly failure.

I open my eyes, before continuing on my path. I wouldn't leave... But I still needed a few moments to myself. Carefully I pick my way through firs and old tree's, thoughts occupying my mental space, never letting my head rest. I was troubled, and I didn't know what to do.

Soon though I come to a stop, watching a deer graze. Lucky deer. I'm sure it didn't have much to worry about... But then again, maybe it did. It was in the race for survival, just like the rest of us. Avoid starvation, dehydration, decapitation... But make sure there is room for reproduction, happiness, and those quiet moments that keep you from going insane. Maybe the deer wasn't so lucky after all.

Then my eyes lift, and I look at what seems to be a structure, and it's a beautiful one. It brings peace of mind, if only for a moment, as soon my gaze is stolen away from it, unto a gold. A chuckle has slipped from his golden lips, interrupting my pretty thoughts and stealing the show from what was a serene scene with a deer and a really pretty rotunda in a fall setting.

For a moment anger flashes through me, at him for ruining it. But then it dies down, because I'm pretty sure he doesn't know I'm here. But... Wait.

I squint my eyes slightly.

I know him. He's Thranduil, our master sleuth. The king of tongues, the king of thieves... I had given him a hard time the last time I had been in his presence. But, that was a year ago. A smile lifts the corner of my inky lips. It was certainly amusing. But what was he doing here? And the deer? Oh yes, I remember seeing it at the gift giving event with the giant turtle... He had grown since then. So that must be the golds companion. Slowly my head cocks as I watch the golden boy rummage through the bushes. Even when he looks like a kook he's still hot. Stupid golden boy.

Carefully I step closer, watching him, and ignoring the deer, before coming to a stop. "Why hello there Goldilocks." The smirk turns up even more as silken words flow out, protecting the soft broken interior behind a wall of lies.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Thranduil]
Words;;615 words
Notes;; I couldn't remember if you liked to be tagged, and I was to lazy to check so I figured if you didn't want to be tagged this would be the last time ^^ <3 Ennnnjoy

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
King of Another Kind - by Thranduil - 05-08-2015, 09:12 AM
RE: King of Another Kind - by Sialia - 05-08-2015, 03:26 PM
RE: King of Another Kind - by Thranduil - 05-08-2015, 10:53 PM
RE: King of Another Kind - by Sialia - 05-10-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: King of Another Kind - by Thranduil - 05-25-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: King of Another Kind - by Sialia - 06-05-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: King of Another Kind - by Thranduil - 06-14-2015, 11:09 PM
RE: King of Another Kind - by Sialia - 06-22-2015, 02:10 PM