the Rift

[OPEN] Can I Borrow An Eraser?

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Mesec dipped his own head in response to that which the brown stranger gave, his black mane falling around the twisted horn as he followed through the movement. The gesture seemed to him to be a nice way to show his appreciation for the acceptance. It would have been easy to move off and find another part of the stream to drink from, if the other had no wish for company, but the demigod was glad that he had not been turned away. Company was a welcome distraction lately. He was fighting against his nature - trying so hard to not be the lone wolf any longer. He wanted to be the type that fit in with the crowd, that had a place in a herd and a family.

He wanted to be the type that could strike up a conversation with a random stranger he happened upon in the Meadow and he did not see any reason why he could not be that type.

The brown pegasus stepped back from the stream as Mesec stepped forward, his head going down to the cool water greedily as he quenched his thirst. Satiated, Mesec stepped back as the last droplets fell from his black face and he looked to other, noticing the blue cloak as he focused on his company more completely. He wondered whether it ever got in the way when he was flying but - there was another topic that was brought up that saved Mesec from asking such an embarrassing question. “Yes, it is. And so close to Frostfall, I wonder if we’ll have an easy cold even with the Moon Goddess gone.” He was almost impressed with himself, casually bringing up his mother in conversation without stuttering or flinching away at the mention. The weather of Helovia was so innately tied to the presence of the Gods that he wondered how they would continue to be affected by his mother’s absence. Would Frostfall be kind or harsh to them without the Moon?

“No apologies needed. My name is Mesec. It’s nice to meet you, Rohan.” Now that the topic of weather had already been covered, Mesec found himself in the position of having to come up with something else to say. Anything would do - except maybe the cloak question. Better to wait and see the temperament of Rohan, though he seemed well-mannered enough so far. Alright so that left him with… what? Not wanting to delay continuing the conversation for two long, the silver-lined stallion blurted out the first question that he could think of. “Do you live around here?” Mesec had not seen him around the Throat but that did not necessarily mean they weren’t from the same herd - every once in a while he still ran into someone new he had never met before. He had not thought the herd to be so big but he was finding that any preconceived notions he had about the island herd were pretty much all wrong.

#smooth. They've both got it

I’m trying to find my direction home, ______________
A question of space, a matter of time, _______
I follow the stars until the first light.

image by jjjj56cp at flickr
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Thranduil - 05-08-2015, 09:45 PM
RE: Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Mesec - 05-25-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Thranduil - 05-31-2015, 04:54 PM
RE: Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Mesec - 06-14-2015, 08:51 PM
RE: Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Thranduil - 06-22-2015, 09:12 AM
RE: Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Blu - 08-15-2015, 12:42 AM
RE: Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Mesec - 08-24-2015, 08:30 PM
RE: Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Thranduil - 09-03-2015, 01:38 PM