the Rift

[OPEN] Can I Borrow An Eraser?

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

There was a little bit of pity in Mesec when Rohan explained that he had just joined the Falls before the invasion. What a time to be welcomed into a new home. “Hopefully it will be more peaceful upon your return.” He tried to speak encouragingly, truly hoping that this would be the case for Rohan. There had been no further news of unrest in the herdland, so he hoped that whatever outcome had come from the invasion, things had settled there. When the question was returned, Mesec’s smile grew again, thoughts turning with fondness towards his new home. “The Throat, I’m rather new there myself.”

Mesec did not think that there was anyone left in the corners of Helovia that had not heard the rumours, truthful or not, that surrounded the invasion that had occurred. Even in the Throat, isolated from it as they were, they had been notified. I know better than most. The thoughts flickered through Mesec’s mind as a small frown registered on his face, but he was glad that they had not been formed aloud. Rohan seemed friendly enough, but it was not often that the silver-lined stallion cast about his lineage so casually into conversation. Would that ever change? Was there a day when he would stop shying away from the attention, good or bad, that his demigod status generally gained him. 

He thought about what seemed to be general information, beyond what he had been told and what he thought he knew. When he found his voice again, it was low - correcting for what Rohan had called his ‘boldness’ just moments ago. “Moon Goddess had bewitched someone to commit murders, bodies were scattered across Helovia. Young and old.” He knew that, at least, for sure. He had seen the bodies, remembered that some were so young. It was for them that he had issues believing in her justice. But, if his lineage wasn’t a topic for casual conversation, the intense conflict that his love for that dark goddess caused him certainly was not either. He did not attempt to hide the pain that the topic caused him - he grieved for them all, though he knew none. “She was outcasted by her brothers to the Edge and those that lived there, they were unhappy with the idea of the Goddess staying in their herd.” He wondered if she had even made an appearance.

And, not for the first time, he considered visiting her.

But he shrugged off the thought with a shuffle of his wings. “Not the greatest reason for an invasion, I’m sure, but you can’t really blame them.” Mesec hadn’t when he heard the news, and still could not find any reason to disagree with their course of action.

I’m trying to find my direction home, ______________
A question of space, a matter of time, _______
I follow the stars until the first light.

image by jjjj56cp at flickr
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Thranduil - 05-08-2015, 09:45 PM
RE: Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Mesec - 05-25-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Thranduil - 05-31-2015, 04:54 PM
RE: Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Mesec - 06-14-2015, 08:51 PM
RE: Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Thranduil - 06-22-2015, 09:12 AM
RE: Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Blu - 08-15-2015, 12:42 AM
RE: Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Mesec - 08-24-2015, 08:30 PM
RE: Can I Borrow An Eraser? - by Thranduil - 09-03-2015, 01:38 PM