the Rift

[OPEN] Thy Will Be Done

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

It was a lovely picture. A crystal blue autumn afternoon, with the cool touch of a gentle breeze rustles through the forests. Up gentle gliding with the breeze comes a dark Pegasus with white banded wings. About him swirls in silence a blue cloak, but perhaps it is just silent because he is a good ways off? He is coming down now though, gently letting the wind bear him. Too bad it was not as sweet of a picture as it seemed. The bay with the blue bands was not exactly honest in his appearance, for within, hiding was the golden. He glided for his flight was most unnatural, and that was the last thing he wanted now. Ease and grace; that was the character he was building. Mind, was renewing itself to the crafted life and style of Rohan, his little mask.

It was not an easy task. The golden had built a creature not like him at all. Rohan was to be gentle, good hearted, and wise. He was to be filled with the grace of air, and a soul of gold. A few too many battles had brushed him ill and now the soothing waters and work of the healers called him to repair old guilt. Yes, that sounded like a lovely creature, but you’ll agree it is not at all like our golden son.

Coming down from the air he found most tricky to deal with, the golden landed in an open meadow. Hooves reached out and at first touch rolled into a canter. He stumbles only once, as his wings tuck, but surely even a pro could make that mistake right? He slows to a halts soon and with a practiced grace tucks his wings close to his sides. The familiar scents of shadows, and clear water come easing back to him, and he knows he is close. Sea blue eyes look about, as if looking for someone. That’s because he is. The golden inside was not silent in thought. He was there at the invasion, and its victory. He knew the rulers of the Edge now governed these borders. But of course, Rohan did not. With the gold in the front lines he was not even able to make an appearance. So it was hoped none would be there to remember, because in truth, the gold was really just winging this.

His plan? Well not a very complicated one. He hoped to attract someone’s attention, and join again. Give some backstory as becoming an outcast for a while and returning. He wanted to see Helovia. The plan then was to join the Falls again, and put forth the desire to work as a healer. Sounded simple enough, but how exactly to do that he did not know. Who would meet him? And how? Not knowing was very much a distinct disadvantage. It left him powerless to plan any sort of reaction. So what was he going to do? Well now that was going to take some improvisation, and a good deal of quick thinking and lies. Good thing the golden was in his element.

OOC :: Rohan is looking to join/rejoin/???. But if people just want to jump in, we'll see how this goes if that's alright....let me know if not. =]
Wardrobe:: Blue Cloak, Satchel (dagger, circlet, polearm, hawk charm, armband)
Identities:: Ampere, Cashmere
"speech"

credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
There was a gentle lull in the leaves. Her body was antsy, prepared to move quickly as she eyed the border. Valiance flew ahead of her - eyes lingering on who might be there at the border. Perhaps it would be Rue and Quilyan. The invasion had just finished, and those who had dearly needed the healing had been taken care of. Aye, that was some turmoil, but it would all be sorted out in good time - wouldn't it?

She shuffled her weight, edging in closer toward the nearby meadowy opening of the Falls only to stop with the warning from Valiance. "Pegasus - not Quilyan. Not Kaj." Stern, warning tones. But, he warned of everyone who came across these lands that were male and whom he didn't trust. She inched forward - pulling into sight as Valiance circled above her. He sent out a warning flare to the new stag before landing upon Res's withers. His wings were flared, tail swishing back and forth as he eyed the stag with warning lingering in his eyes.

"Are you of the Falls?" she inquires, eyes lingering uncertainly on the pegasus' frame. She didn't recall him watching the battle, and she also didn't ever remember him setting foot in the mists of the Edge. She could only hope that Valiance's concern was normal, and not because of some different, actual threat. For, really, she was exhausted. And all she could do was hope that Rue and Quil would return home safe and in one piece.Yes, that was all she wanted to happen. There was a slight pause as she took in a gentle breath. "And can I be of any assistance?"
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Moments tick by, and the golden worries no one is close and the effort would be in vain. Full black tail twitches against his hips, unease, but it still waits. His head extended and body alert, trying to seem as unknowing as possible, it wasn’t hard considering he was unknowing. He was just giving up, just about ready to turn that blue banded body around and slip back away for another day when a pale mare breaks through the jungle brush. The uncrowned head turns to her, its face looking over with a tone of seriousness. It put forth a trying smile, like a youngster showing how harmless it was, but it was clear he was not at all at ease. The golden placing all these things are such to fit in with this view of Rohan, the peacemaker.

This mare he knew though. Her name escaped him, but he knew her to be of the Edge. He had seen her that night come to Kahlua’s defense at the Edge party on that damned floating isle. The loyalty and defense had impressed him, that and the curiosity of her one ear. Of course she is not alone. A dragon sends his warnings from above, and the dark head looks up to it. His eyes watching the creature as it landed upon her back. The hatred for pets in the middle of ploys was ever present, for they seemed always set against him for one reason or other.

The gaze of those blue eyes though was broken as she spoke. Turning to her he seems to look confused. His soft but deep voice, practiced in its manner, mutters, as if uncertain. “I was…” His harks shift back and he eyes look about the two of them. Was he unsure of how his welcome would go? If the rest of the Falls had been banished. She speaks again, and the golden inside is glad for it. So far, he couldn’t have planned this any better. A mare who knew Rohan not had come to see him. He could work with that.

Her question though is quickly answered, but still in the soft mutters at first. “I think so, or hope…” Then the uncrowned head shakes as if quilling some fears, and the head that turns back to her is calmer and more collected. He is finding that he is not afraid, that he is alright, and will not be scared off. He liked this home, he wanted to return. So the golden wove those thoughts through. The voice that comes now is more solid, and though still uneasy. “I am looking to return.” His head falls slightly, remembering. “I was of the Falls before, I had just joined.” He looks back up. “I was exploring the other side of Helovia when I heard of the invasion.” Body shifts uneasy, his reason for it coming forth. His face seems to fall slightly, eyes with sadness, and body sagging, heavy with a guilt. “I- I do not fit an outcast life, nor feeling like a failure.” Squaring his shoulders he tries to find his resolve. “I would like to join, again, and heal these ills, if I can.” Healing, yeah that’s right Rohan was meant to be a healer. The golden spun the last of his tale and left the blue banded standing with some inner core rebuilt, having admitted his failure and guilt. Let’s see how it plays out on her. Let’s see if she takes the bait.

OOC :: @[Resplendence]
"speech"

credits

Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
He says that he was of the Falls. Her mind shuffles through images, through those which she had known. Still, most of them were not of the most sane mind - Oxy for example, and that other band of misfits… the ones who had dropped Aurelia at their border so injured just by trespassing. Her guard raises a little, eyes watching his movements carefully in case something in his mind should snap. Was he like those misfits? Or was he like Midas' stable side of the herd?

She swallows uncertainly and Valiance puffs his chest out even more, as if to say he would protect her at all costs (and to, of course, flash another warning at this winged stag). He says he had been looking at the other side of Helovia when he had heard of the invasion. Her eyes flickered, ear instantly tuning back to him, "How did you hear?" she inquired - not believing any troops had been sent to alert anyone. He says that he does not fit the outcast life, and wishes to join again to fix the wrongs if possible.. She watches his frame, the one sodden with guilt, and while her uneasiness sends warmth to Quilyan's necklace she knows that no one will come quickly enough to be of much assistance here.

The glitter blows a little in the wind as she steels herself to be strong for her family. She knew they would not cast all the old members aside that had been there during the invasion… but if they were trouble? Would anyone be mad? Oh, she didn't know… she needed to know more about him. "How do you wish to heal them?" Did he want to heal them by overthrowing Kaj? By taking back the Falls since he had missed the invasion? Or did he simply wish to try and help those who were in need now? Her mind was reeling with the paranoia that caused the deepest of her fears. Imagining her family torn to shreds, bleeding because she was unable to stop it all. Each time they had been with vague figures she hadn't known, that she'd let close. And revenge... revenge was a strong emotion, one that could change even the kindest of hearts...

Paranoid, scared, and feeling useless. Yeah. That about summed up Resplendence's life now-a-days. She was almost like she had been after the World's Edge invasion. When she had almost attacked a unicorn stag on their lands trying to help someone else who was hurt just because he was a unicorn. Just because she had thought they were still trying to hurt her family. But, she tries to push that paranoia from her brain, to concentrate on his somewhat sagging frame. She shuffles her weight, feeling bad for the one who looked exhausted and offers the last few words up. "You can rest here, near the prisons for the night - try to regain some strength. And, if you are still serious about joining, perhaps we can speak with Kaj. I'm not sure who he wants to allow to stay…" she says - gold eyes clearly showing the care that came from her healing ways. Yes, that seemed like a good answer. Offer him some respite from his travels and let Kaj make the final decision. She knew those who had been at the invasion right after were welcome to stay… but those who had straggled back in… Honestly she didn't know. And, she was too exhausted to fully make decisions such as this right now.
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

It did not all fly as well as hoped. Certainly this wasn’t a welcome home party. The golden inside was crafty enough, but it wasn’t until she speaks that he realizes how uncertain this whole situation was. How did he hear? Well the list of who he knew in the falls was short. Midas was dead. Africa was dead. Zah-he didn’t think of. Which left Rostislav. Was the two horned still here? He hadn’t remembered seeing him in the invasion, but in fact he hadn’t seen him since he joined. Quick, time was running out. Though the blue banded was calm and slow, the golden within was quick. The answer comes forth without much of a long pause considering his earlier tones. “Rostislav passed one day,...When I was new to the land he found me in the pines and brought me to the Falls” He pauses again and shakes his head. “He- he told me of the invasion and Midas…” The silence drifts on.

Rohan did not like war. That was it right. He did not enjoy the clank of metal and cold blades. Too often had he heard them, and too often had he welded them. The pain had lashed out too much, till it cut his own flesh and heart. So then he had turned away. Left. Rejected those that called him to battle again. Wandering he had gone, but the road did not suit him. He needed other. Needed to protect them, and support them.

The golden needed them too, only to spy upon. He would let the blindfold story wrap around him and let him slip in close. A regular wolf in sheep’s skin.

Again she asks a question and the uncrowned head lifts from its thoughts. At this question, his head tilts, as if she spoke another language. Her tones and inhospitality or show of kindness were cold shoulders to bear (especially given what the gold thought he knew of her). Perhaps she had changed, for surely, the golden comforted himself (boosting his pride) it was not for lack of skill on his part. “Do you-“ honestly expect I would do that? Nice touch, he wondered if she would buy it. Shaking his head he looks less questioning. “I fear you have my intentions wrong.” The bay creature swallows hard, wrestling with a thought. “I wish to heal the ills within me...my guilt.” Guilt bore a great weight upon his life, and he was tired of it. “I had dedicated to protect and serve this land. I joined as a healer, but I have no lessons in it. I was not here before, and I wish to know it better, even if the family I seek to join is of different, my intentions are the same.” His wings had ruffled as his voice became more solid towards the end. Resolved.

The pale mare shifts and motions, offering what she has. The sea blue eyes look in the direction and sides heavy silently. “Oh,” He knows now at mentions of prisons where they placed him. Inside the golden was actually concerned. She had shown hope but very slim. He best not let it slip of course. Turning back a weary smile rises. “Of course, yes, I am in dreadful state I’m afraid. I am not very good as an outcast.” Then he starts slightly, remembering something. “Oh, I am terribly sorry, already manners have seemed to slip, I am Rohan.” Uncrowned head ducks slightly to her. A glimmer of a gentler, sweeter gentleman. A stallion with a tender soul and kind touch. All of it as always was hand crafted out of lies, manipulations, and illusions by the golden himself.

OOC :: @[Resplendence]
"speech"

credits

Brit Posts: 11
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 15hh :: 19
Brit
Pulled on request

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

oh come forth
into the storm and rout
and be my love in the rain

Kaj was a single stallion with a continent too wide for his abilities to adequately cover. It could be argued - no, not even that for it was practically indisputable fact - that Kaj was an over achiever. He was a soul founded on dedication and loyalty, and with no mate or blood kin to speak of, that faith turned towards his herd. In part it was his upbringing, which was based on ideals of brotherhood and kinship that surpassed Helovians in his experience. However part of it was simply his own ideology. 

The continent was massive, and he a mere speck in the working order. Sleep never came easy for the Czar. He trusted his warriors and similarly held strong faith in Ktulu and the patrols she had constructed. There was no real logic behind his paranoia, merely a deep, profound emotional connection to the land and his people. They had followed him even when he had diverged from the sworn oath of peace that he'd upheld as King of the Edge. We're any harm to fall upon them while he slumbered, or due to his lack of foresight - or even more illogically, if he was not patrolling at all hours even when there were set rotations for that - he'd never be able to forgive himself. 

Undoubtedly Kaj took on too much, but his shoulders never wavered and his soul remained a steadfast source of light and guidance for his people. Or at least, he hoped so. Kaj had made mistakes in the past, and he sought absolution and redemption with the budding of his faith - guided from afar by Ophelia's steady hand. But he'd die for his herd and his family, and he'd rip craters into the earth and draw out the demons from below to sell his soul to keep them safe. 

So he never truly rested. His body became accustomed to fewer hours of sleep and heavier work days. He picked up more patrols, his worry seeming to constantly gnaw at his stomach until any attempt at relaxation inspired a deep abiding guilt inside him. So Kaj simply stooped. He'd have to find someone to speak to, someone to set his head straight. But he and Quilyan were still on tremulous ground, and he therefore didn't want to visit Resplendence for fear of finding him there or giving Quilyan the wrong idea. Again. 

The end of his patrol seemed to have plopped him right into Resplendence's path, however. At least she was occupied with someone at the borders. Still...his brotherly concern for her had him quietly moving forward, listening to their conversation as he approached at a slow amble. Resplendence was easy to underestimate, the truth was more liable to come out at times when faced with the frailty of his doctor. 

Stepping out from the thick undergrowth he continued his way up the incline and towards the pair, drawn tall even as he smiled towards Resplendence in greeting. Then pale eyes turned towards Rohan. "If those intentions are still pure, then let this be your home anew." He could not turn everyone away on fear and wariness, a certain amount of trust was always utilized when accepting any new member. A game of chance. 

"Resplendence is our Earth Medic, Lakota our poisons master and Apothecary, and Miykael our Caretaker. Should you wish to be tutored in any of the healing arts still, I can help you seek them out. Jobs are an important part of residing in this land, and seeking knowledge is a proud goal." His eyes flitted over the form of the cocoa Pegasus before him, wondering - as he always did when others stood upon his borders asking for acceptance - if this was the right choice. "So long as your allegiance is to the Falls, you are welcome."

Image Credit
Code: Time & Neo

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

It seemed like it would be a long road. A hard won place, and a low rung at that. Not terms the golden was exactly searching for. Well he hadn’t expected to just waltz in, but certainly this mare was more suspicious than he anticipated meeting. Still, Rohan doesn’t pick fights. He is calm and agreeable. Damn it. Why did he have to choose a personality so irritating? With relaxed frame the bay bird moves to take his place. Perhaps he would just be here for the night and would move on. But just as the golden within was growing bored and giving up a voice breaks the stillness. Sea blue eyes lift to look upon a most welcomed figure. Kaj.

A small smile rises on the bay’s lips, though not for the reason they thought. Kaj was made to get along with Rohan. From what the golden knew the stallion was honor and duty bound, loyal and strong, but with a gentle heart and open soul. At least that’s how he profiled him. How could he and Rohan not get along? The weary smile rises as he turns back to meet the lord, oh wait. He didn’t know he was lord. Hmm. “I assume you are the Czar, Kaj.” Uncrowned head nods slightly. “An honor, I am Rohan.” Oh my we are just chalking up the lies left and right today.

The Czar keeps speaking, taking much of the golden’s power to remain looking interested and warmly excited. It had been after all a rather long day, and this was always more draining than he anticipated. Perhaps it would have been wise to rest and not seek out immediate answers, but that didn’t suit the golden. “I would very glad to learn from you,” he nodded to Resplendence, “and prove my loyalty.” He seems now to let the weariness show a little, now that the tension was easing, his feathers sagged and head dropped slightly. “Thank you. I will be happy to be home again.” He waited a moment to be excused, to find the conversation finished, but it was clear he was very tired and relaxed to be at home again. Man he was such a good little liar.

OOC :: Sorry its short and sweet, but that might wrap this up, FINALLY, let me know if you're planning to post though
"speech"

credits

@Kaj