the Rift

The return

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time

Einarr moved carefully. His nerves tickled and twitched. His body was hot with anticipation, but as he kept pace with his daughter his face remained stony. Dark wings pressed into his sides, hiding the sweat that was forming below his wing joints. Every once and a while, the guardian would reach his muzzle down to press it against Mordecai's withers, just between her wings. Red-brown eyes did not dare flicker towards Megaera, for surely she would be able to see through his facade. Einarr, the warrior chiseled from marble, was nervous about being granted the Earth God's favor. Einarr had maneuvered himself through the quest in the time that the deity had given him, and Einarr wished with every fiber of his being that it would please the giant tribrid.

Finally, with churning blue lava on all sides, the small family reached the shrines of the gods. Einarr let his eyes fall over each shrine, broken and still majestic, before he stepped before the shrine of the Earth God. "God of Earth, of Water, Einarr return." The words were almost a whisper. Einarr believed the god would hear him, and unlike last time there was no desire to shout. Massive, jet black wings spread at his sides as he brought his tall body down on thick knees. Einarr breathed out and closed his eyes, lowering his white marked face towards the ground and covering it some with his left wing.

Be pleased with Einarr. He thought, focusing on his breathing and the mare and filly that stood behind him.

einarr
bright lights swing across the road
but no one seems to know just where I’ll put my feet down next
brown eyes, come with me tonight
you could be my Bonnie and I will be your Clyde

[Einarr is turning in the quest given to him from the Earth God! @[Random Event] @[Mordecai] @[Megaera

Reference: http://neurolove.me/post/114533535600/th...f-children

Characters involved:
- Rhoa spar (Teaching/Recognition) :: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=19121 :: Recognition: Children have an innate need to make their parents happy, and are desperate for praise, and to hear their parents say: “I’m so proud of you. You did a fabulous job.” But if approval is withheld, so the child feels they are worthless, they’ll likely give up hope, and they will lose the will to try. This may show itself in angry, acting out behaviour or the child may withdraw, and expect little in life.

- Isopia Thread (Understanding/Support) :: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=19225 :: Support: The outside world is a scary place for children. It’s full of unknown dangers and unmet challenges. Thus, to launch out and discover they can cope and survive, children need to be certain that their parents’ will be there. That is, they need their encouragement, their affirmation, their constant support and their belief in the child. That helps the child to venture into and explore the outside world, so they develop independence and increased autonomy.

- Laedere Thread (Acceptance) :: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=19163&pid=140936 :: Acceptance: All children need to feel that they are loved and accepted - for who and what they are – without any strings attached. They so desperately want to be worthy of acceptance, and cherished and loved despite their limits and their failings. This is crucial information - for their parent is a mirror who reflects back to them the world’s perception of the child. It should tell them they are valuable and worthy of love – so the child learns to value and believe in themselves. However, if a parent is demanding, harsh or critical then the child will develop chronic low self-esteem.

- Ashamin Thread (love) :: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=19297 :: Nearness: Expressing love is crucial for communicating love - so children need to be held and be hugged by their parents. In a very concrete way, this sends the powerful message that the child’s needs matter, and their parents care for them.

- Aisling Thread (Protection) :: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=18776&pid=137972 :: Protection: It’s crucial that all children feel safe and secure. This is essential for their very survival – and all children fear rejection and abandonment. They need a sense of order and predictability, routine, peace and stability – so they can learn to trust others, and build relationships. However, if trust is absent, and they feel insecure, they’ll start to put up walls to keep other people out, and they’ll find it hard to trust and get close to anyone.

- Hawke Thread (Support) :: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=19308 :: Support: The outside world is a scary place for children. It’s full of unknown dangers and unmet challenges. Thus, to launch out and discover they can cope and survive, children need to be certain that their parents’ will be there. That is, they need their encouragement, their affirmation, their constant support and their belief in the child. That helps the child to venture into and explore the outside world, so they develop independence and increased autonomy.]

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Mordecai Posts: 77
Aurora Basin Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

There was nothing that Mordecai enjoyed more than spending time with her mother and father. The pair were beacons of love and protection and provided her with all of the warmth and support that she could ever need. Everytime they were together she felt safe and happy and it showed in her dark eyes and the way she carried herself. The trip they were all currently on together felt different in a way that the young girl didn't understand. She glanced up at her father as she felt touch between her wings. Her fuzzy ears fell back against her head as she looked up at him, confusion beginning to show in his eyes because he wasn't talking and he wasn't laughing and he hadn't started any games with her. "Ave...?" When he didn't answer she stopped and looked back at her mother, hoping for an answer to why her father was acting so differently.

By the time Mordecai looked back toward Einarr he was already far up the path and she had to run to catch up with him. He was already to the shrines when she did catch up and she stumbled over her own hooves and stopped as her father went down to his knees. Her ears tilted back as she watched, confused and beginning to grow just a bit scared because she didn't understand what was happening.

"Ave!" She shouted as she scrambled toward him, then. The young filly bitt at Einarr's mane, trying to grab a strong enough hold of it to pull him back upright. "Up!" She said around a mouthful of her father's dark mane, her voice panicked.

"."

ooc://
Translation:
Ave-father

MORDECAI

when the last light warms the rocks and the rattlesnakes unfold
mountain cats will come along to drag away your bones

the emptiness that we confess in the dimmest hour of day
in Automatown they make a sound like the low sad moan of prey

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
megaera

and the water is risin' quick
and for years I was scared of it
we can't be sure when it will subside
so I won't leave your side, no I can't leave your side
This journey was so very different from the one Einarr and Megaera had taken months before. They had flown here as almost complete strangers with a haste that had been fueled by the fear of disaster and she had led while Einarr followed. Now it was Meg that followed. Perhaps the God did not require her to return but it seemed right to her that they should all make the journey together. Though in some ways they were still strangers to each other, the mare and the stallion were now forever joined by their mutual love for the precious girl that walked between them and they would return to the god that had made them a family together.

There was tension throughout the march from Dragon’s Throat, and all three seemed to be feeling it. Though Meg smiled reassuringly whenever she caught the filly’s gaze, she was not immune to the waves of nerves that seemed to radiate from the stallion. It was definitely disconcerting, never had she seen or expected to see the stallion so subdued, but she though she understood why. The threat of a God’s displeasure must be a heavy burden and Einarr’s was up. Meg kept pace at Mordecai’s other side, trying to comfort her daughter. “Be easy, nhizi anni.” she murmured in the filly ears when the girl looked to her in confusion. She wanted to say it would be alright, but there could be no guarantee of that when gods were involved and she would not lie to her daughter. For the past months she had born most of the responsibility of raising Mordecai while the black warrior worked to fulfill his tasks, but only now did it occur to Meg how much could be lost if he failed.

They reached the shrines and immediately her dark partner moved to call for the the god. Megaera’s ears fell beck in alarm as Mordecai panicked and rushed forward, trying to pull her father to his feet, and the mare moved forward as well. “Shh, my brave girl, come stand with me.” She pressed her nose into her daughter’s neck and gently tried to usher her back. “This is a very important moment for your Ave and he must talk with the Earth God.”

Standing back from Einarr again, the Sultana reached out a wing to keep her daughter close and comfort them both. She spoke gently to the girl as they waited, keeping her dark head close the the child’s darker one as she told the story. “It was the Earth God that gave you to me. On the day your were born, you father and I came here to ask for his help. We flew so far and so fast, because your Ave knew you were waiting for him. Do you remember, nhizi anni? You were so strong and brave to wait for us, but he had to find a way to protect so your Ave stands up to the God, so tall and brave, and says ‘Help my little Mordecai!’ and do you know what the God did then? He made me your Mai and said ‘You must guard her together.’ That was not nearly the whole story, but now it was all that mattered. As scared and resentful as Meg had been that day, it had been more a blessing than she could ever have wished for. She smiled, and continued her story. ‘And you, brave warrior!’ the Earth God said to your Ave ‘You must work for the me to pay for my help, and come back when Mordecai is big and strong.’ So while you and I have been playing, nhizi anni, you Ave has been working very hard and we have come back to thank the Earth God.” She paused, glancing to Einarr ahead of them and sent up her own prayer that all would be well for their family. She reached out to draper her neck across her daughters and pull her close for a reassuring embrace. “You know, your Mai was very scared once, and your Ave helped me to be brave. We must help him to be brave now, Mordecai, can you help me to do that?”

Notes: Long post for some story time <3 sorry not sorry, couldn't help myself
Translations:
nhizi anni - my raven girl
ave - father
mai - mother
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

It was not like the God to give out the benefit of his powers before appropriate services had been rendered. It was like asking an oak tree to grow, and forgo being a sapling first. It was not natural, and it rubbed up against the way the God normally chose to do things. Still, Einarr's concern had been for the child rather than himself. Even if the God blamed Einarr for putting his young charge in this position to begin with, he couldn't deny him.

As the trio returned to him, on top and with tasks fulfilled, the God was pleased. He wasn't in the mood for a smiting today.

The rocks rumbled as the God's massive bulk suddenly protruded. He tried to break through the crust of the island as gently as he could, so that he would not scare young Mordecai. Although she was old enough to no longer require Meg's milk, she was likely not old enough yet to believe what her eyes would be telling her.

The God folded his wings against his rustic flanks, as his deep gaze fell upon Einarr, the child, and the wetnurse. Nostrils flaring, the God nodded his horned skull in a warm greeting. "You have done well, Einarr." He began, his voice like the distant rumble of thunder. "And you as well, Megaera. I am well pleased."