Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
megaera

and the water is risin' quick
and for years I was scared of it
we can't be sure when it will subside
so I won't leave your side, no I can't leave your side
This journey was so very different from the one Einarr and Megaera had taken months before. They had flown here as almost complete strangers with a haste that had been fueled by the fear of disaster and she had led while Einarr followed. Now it was Meg that followed. Perhaps the God did not require her to return but it seemed right to her that they should all make the journey together. Though in some ways they were still strangers to each other, the mare and the stallion were now forever joined by their mutual love for the precious girl that walked between them and they would return to the god that had made them a family together.

There was tension throughout the march from Dragon’s Throat, and all three seemed to be feeling it. Though Meg smiled reassuringly whenever she caught the filly’s gaze, she was not immune to the waves of nerves that seemed to radiate from the stallion. It was definitely disconcerting, never had she seen or expected to see the stallion so subdued, but she though she understood why. The threat of a God’s displeasure must be a heavy burden and Einarr’s was up. Meg kept pace at Mordecai’s other side, trying to comfort her daughter. “Be easy, nhizi anni.” she murmured in the filly ears when the girl looked to her in confusion. She wanted to say it would be alright, but there could be no guarantee of that when gods were involved and she would not lie to her daughter. For the past months she had born most of the responsibility of raising Mordecai while the black warrior worked to fulfill his tasks, but only now did it occur to Meg how much could be lost if he failed.

They reached the shrines and immediately her dark partner moved to call for the the god. Megaera’s ears fell beck in alarm as Mordecai panicked and rushed forward, trying to pull her father to his feet, and the mare moved forward as well. “Shh, my brave girl, come stand with me.” She pressed her nose into her daughter’s neck and gently tried to usher her back. “This is a very important moment for your Ave and he must talk with the Earth God.”

Standing back from Einarr again, the Sultana reached out a wing to keep her daughter close and comfort them both. She spoke gently to the girl as they waited, keeping her dark head close the the child’s darker one as she told the story. “It was the Earth God that gave you to me. On the day your were born, you father and I came here to ask for his help. We flew so far and so fast, because your Ave knew you were waiting for him. Do you remember, nhizi anni? You were so strong and brave to wait for us, but he had to find a way to protect so your Ave stands up to the God, so tall and brave, and says ‘Help my little Mordecai!’ and do you know what the God did then? He made me your Mai and said ‘You must guard her together.’ That was not nearly the whole story, but now it was all that mattered. As scared and resentful as Meg had been that day, it had been more a blessing than she could ever have wished for. She smiled, and continued her story. ‘And you, brave warrior!’ the Earth God said to your Ave ‘You must work for the me to pay for my help, and come back when Mordecai is big and strong.’ So while you and I have been playing, nhizi anni, you Ave has been working very hard and we have come back to thank the Earth God.” She paused, glancing to Einarr ahead of them and sent up her own prayer that all would be well for their family. She reached out to draper her neck across her daughters and pull her close for a reassuring embrace. “You know, your Mai was very scared once, and your Ave helped me to be brave. We must help him to be brave now, Mordecai, can you help me to do that?”

Notes: Long post for some story time <3 sorry not sorry, couldn't help myself
Translations:
nhizi anni - my raven girl
ave - father
mai - mother
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
The return - by Einarr - 05-08-2015, 10:12 PM
RE: The return - by Mordecai - 05-09-2015, 11:34 AM
RE: The return - by Megaera - 05-11-2015, 10:35 PM
RE: The return - by God of the Earth - 05-15-2015, 11:34 AM