[OPEN] memories of our time together

Hearth Posts: 22
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 8 (FF) HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Locks
Hearth
Little light, little light,
How far will you go tonight?
Be it far or be it near, tonight I'll never fear.

I was admiring the cloud mare's coat, watching its intricacy, both subtle and apparent as her coat transmuted the surroundings around her in perfect harmony. It was as if she were truly of the storm itself and while most might be questioning now if they were seeing a vision or other surreal thing, I knew a true being of flesh stood before me with certainty. A gifted being of flesh at that, too. I could smell her even beneath the heavy petrichor and I was also not so unused to the concept of magic as others might think to me to be either, so I was not frightened in the least. She seemed a bit sheepish for my current state as if it was in part her fault as the water peeled from my coat and feathers. I couldn't help but muster a warm chuckle in my throat at the possible sentiment.

" Don't fret, I'm not prone to piety colds after a mere dampening." I said warmly with a faint smile on my maw, extending a wing so that I may tend to it and started to strain the water from my precious feathers with my maw. " I'm too big for that." I added after a moment, pausing in my grooming to reveal a mirthful glint in my ember-fashioned eyes at the cloud mare, poking at my size and the fact that I was indeed bigger then her. I don't know why I felt so playful all of a sudden but the near presence of the cloud mare seemed to provoke me so, almost compelled me to jest. Perhaps its was simply the charged nature of the storm infecting me, animating even the most docile and lethargic of beings into action.

When asked who I was I complied willingly, giving her my attention as I shoke the wing I was working on to dispel a few stubborn drops of rainwater from its tips. " Hearth, my dear cloud mare." My ears flicker to the side as they caught the approaching footsteps of another traveler crossing the threshold of the Rotunda, this one also a mare and of the horned variety. I was still amused by this kind of being having never encountered them before outside of this land till now. The last one I had met was the Fox Mother, Sacre. This one was a pale dun rather then black, however, and she appeared rough and beaten. I felt a pang for her then, knowing what struggle could be all too well. It was the geas of a traveler.

" So the rains catches another." I mused aloud in welcoming tones. " Welcome to the refuge." I bow my head in polite greeting, hearing her question for my identity at the same moment. " Hearth is who I am." I repeat patiently, waiting in turn to hear the names of my company.

"Talking"
@[Cirrus]
@[Sikeax]
vaya on flickr
suicidecrew | larfsalot
on deviantart
  • Permission granted to harm Hearth and use magic against her, but withhold from dismemberment and death.

• Also, please tag Hearth in Threads!

Messages In This Thread
memories of our time together - by Cirrus - 05-09-2015, 12:01 AM
RE: memories of our time together - by Hearth - 05-15-2015, 06:13 PM
RE: memories of our time together - by Cirrus - 05-17-2015, 02:01 AM
RE: memories of our time together - by Cirrus - 06-09-2015, 06:20 AM
RE: memories of our time together - by Sikeax - 05-22-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: memories of our time together - by Hearth - 06-03-2015, 09:24 AM