the Rift

[OPEN] fulfil our duty

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
And so it would seem she would fail on this task as well.

She didn't know how long she wandered since Akaith's departure, didn't know how long she stared at the miasmic lava flows, the molten rock with its strange hues and stranger tones. All she knew was that when her silence was shattered by the mention of her very name, she had gone on this patrol thinking she would be joined by others, and yet here she was, abandoned, alone. For it was not her herdmates who sought her out, but another familiar face, an Outcast whose ruby eyes she remembered reflecting in the ruby pool of the Deep Forest. The golden one looked at him now, through honey-hued eyes that appeared purple with the Veins reflected in them, a husk of the queen she imitated that day for him.

Had she fallen so far from grace that even to a colt, a weanling babe, seemed mightier than her? Had she failed so much that her herd no longer saw her as useful enough to even participate in a patrol with her? Had they given up on her, just as she had given up on herself?

It was undeniably the case, surely, for here she stood, on the cusp of the Veins, accompanied only by an Outcast.

"Volterra," she purred lowly back, a low draconic pulse entering her words, a tone only she and few others of her heritage could employ. Her tiara, dampened by sadness though it may be, still dipped to the youth, her eyes missing none of the changes that time had wrought upon his body and soul. The crimson beast upon his back caught her gaze, as dragons are often apt to doing, but the girl was too absorbed in her own misery to feel the joy she might have normally felt in seeing another bond created, another life enlightened by the soul-defining event that bound one to another for all eternity.

"You've grown," her melodic hum continued, as she turned her façade from him and peered out over the lava floes again, leathery wings shuffling by her sides as the warmth from the fires below were absorbed by her scales and skin.

She wondered what he wanted, but found herself unable to vocalise anything more - she was dead inside, hollow, empty. A queen without a purpose, a kingdom, a throne.

A failure.

@[Volterra]
Fine with me! C:
Brush Credit
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-09-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-16-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-17-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-19-2015, 05:42 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-19-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-27-2015, 07:09 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-30-2015, 05:05 PM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-31-2015, 12:12 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-31-2015, 05:22 PM