the Rift

[OPEN] fulfil our duty

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
She was kin to the dragon - she was distantly kin to all the dragons that roamed Helovia, if one were to believe the stories told. Once upon a time there were only dragons larger than this mountain roaming the world, the kind who mothered her father, the kind whom she had visited and felt like she belonged.. Why didn't she feel like she belonged here anymore? Was she so different from them all that what equine blood she did possess wasn't enough? When she was with the dragons, they knew she was different, yet they still treated her as family -stop, she forced the thought to the forefront of her mind, shunning the thoughts that had plagued her when she was a little child from her mind again. I must truly be ill, to allow them to rise again, she added as an afterthought, sighing as she watched her own mental argument play out. She hadn't summoned a spirit since the time she had made a complete fool of herself in front of the leads of three herds - perhaps I should go to the Falls to ensure they know what worthless swine I am - she almost laughed at the thought, though it wasn't with amusement, but a sad sense of resignation to her fate.

Golden eyes followed the red as it crept towards her, arching a brow in a display of curiosity as it extended its maw to touch her caramel hued leg. It was only when Volterra mentioned that the dragon had never displayed such behaviour before that the dragonmare lowered her crown to view the ruby one, a low rumble echoing in her throat - the sound deeper than normal equine hearing could pick up - in greeting to him. She appreciated his gesture - it did in fact help, if at least in a sense of giving her some hope that in someone's eyes, she was worth something, even if that worth was a simple greeting.

"Vérzés," she said, tasting the word on her tongue as she rose her head to the height of her withers again. "Bleeding?" she added with a smirk pulling at her lips, her brow still arched in question. "Fitting," she nodded softly in approval - he was the crimson colour of blood, and no doubt when he grew he would make many a foe and prey bleed.

Speaking of the dragon was easy - dragons she knew, dragons she loved and understood. But the yearling posed a much more difficult question then, one that she did not yet want to face. Are you well? It echoed in her head, bouncing off the walls of her mind, sounding like an old record by the fifth repetition. The dragonmare remained silent for a while, allowing her gaze to drift, starting at the crimson depths of Volterra's own gaze and then turning to view the lava once more. Are you well, Amaris? the echo came again, and the dragonmare flicked both her ears backwards - not pinned in anger, just turned away, as if shutting something out. "I am as fit and healthy as ever," her voice, perhaps a bit sharper than before, replied, as her eyes darted back to his, daring him to object her. Having a depression hovering in your soul was one thing - admitting it to a near stranger was another.

Then the guilt starts, the sorrowful inner acknowledgement that she has been unnecessarily harsh against one who was only asking after her wellbeing. Another handful of moments pass and her ears flick back to normal, her expression softens as she silently looks for forgiveness in the young steed. "Tell me about how you bonded," she asked (though it came across as a bit of a command) quietly, her voice posing the question gently and yet firmly - she wanted to change the subject back to something she could handle, something she could focus on that didn't involve her at all.

@[Volterra]
Bawww Amaris is being a pooface lol
Brush Credit
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-09-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-16-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-17-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-19-2015, 05:42 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-19-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-27-2015, 07:09 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-30-2015, 05:05 PM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Amaris - 05-31-2015, 12:12 AM
RE: fulfil our duty - by Volterra - 05-31-2015, 05:22 PM