the Rift

meet the goofball

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
SO. Even though I solemnly swore I wouldn't go over two characters for the forseeable future, when the activity check happened and I saw my old guy Badger was on the verge of being deleted, I ended up saving him. And now I'm bringing him back. BECAUSE I CAN. And because I wanted a more lighthearted, easy-to-write character that I don't have to stress about. I'm not sure if I'll keep him for the long term, because when Volterra is older I intend to focus as much of my energy and time as possible into him, but for now at least I'm keen to get Badgeybutt out and about as soon as he gets un AA'd! *impatientwiggle*

Basically, Badger is based off a RL horse that I used to ride, and he's a human-raised gelding who has spent the majority of his life being spoilt rotten. He escaped into the wild when the barn burnt down, and entered Helovia about an IC year ago. He was greeted in the Threshold by Ruske, Ghost and Anomie, however life ate me so the thread never finished and he got AA'd. The story is that he fled in horror at seeing horned-winged-things, managed to find some humans again who he stayed with for nearly a year, but then a tornado sent him out into the wilderness again and back into Helovia. Personalitywise, he's quite a sweetie, but socially awkward and utterly hopeless at survival, having never had to fend for himself. He doesn't know how to operate in a herd, and especially doesn't know how to live around stallions because obviously he's come from a world full of fellow geldings.

I have his Threshold post all written out, and I'm hoping to get him into either the Falls or the Throat, because I've never had a character in any herd except the Edge before AND I WANT ONE OKAY. But once he's settled in a herd, he'll need to get out and about! I don't want to bog myself down and lose muse for him so I'll only be taking on two or three threads at a time with him as he's largely a secondary character to Nyx and Vol, however I'm open for pretty much anything. If anybody has plots, throw 'em at me! He's not a fighter, so I'm thinking he may go more into the healing side of things, and will try to quest for some sort of healing magic. Here's a couple of things I'm looking for with him:

- A 'mentor', someone who will take him under his wing and teach him how to horse. Someone who'll show him which plants are poisonous, how to act in a herd, how not to get eaten by predators etc.
- A frieeeeend or many friends, who he can discuss the finer points of tasty noms with.
- I also think it would be utterly hilarious if he comes across a mare in heat, and she hits on him and he's completely oblivious and she gets all offended and rages on the poor guy xP
- Maybe meet a stallion who notices he's 'different' and embarasses him with questions about his ball-less-ness :cc
- To meet people with companions and magic who'll teach him wtf they are and how to get them.

But I'm open for pretty much anything! Random meet and greets are fine too. GIVE ME STUFF

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Oh please take any of my guys! .. Or all.

I have Rei; who would be fun loving and would be extremely curious about people. She would ask question after question about humans.

I also have Keidajen who would scrutinize him but want to look out for him. Would be good for her and make her get more invested in Helovia.

And ROFL oh my goodness I volunteer Caenan for the noticing of the gelding status (; Would be hilarious and so fun to write.
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
JOHNNY CAN HE PLEASE MEET JOHNNY

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
I offer any of mine for whatever!

I has Naerys, Miykael, and Dovahkiin. :D

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow
he's all back now and posted in the Threshold! :D

@[Rei] It's up to you which you want to do first! Maybe Caenan for the lols? :D Can you make a thread and I'll reply when he's out of the Threshold orrrr I can make one then?

@[Johnny] OMG YES I'VE WANTED TO THREAD WITH JOHNNY FOREVER. Can you make a thread orrrr I can once he's out of the Threshold?

@[Naerys] Sure! Whichever you have most muse for :D

Talion Posts: 12
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16,3 :: 4 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Unknown :: Wolverine :: None Tailormade
Talion could tease him about his lack of balls at some point!

Hearth Posts: 22
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 8 (FF) HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Locks
Hearth will be fine discussing grasses and what not
  • Permission granted to harm Hearth and use magic against her, but withhold from dismemberment and death.

• Also, please tag Hearth in Threads!

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Caleb would tease him endlessly, if you want. He'd probably refer to him as her/she instead of he/him just to make things that much more interesting :) maybe they could end up growing close and becoming friends/frenemies?
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
yeah I can get it started! Johnny needs to explore Helovia a bit so I'll tag you when it's up :D

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
Any of them would work, just depends on whether you want nice/polite stally, curious/energetic kiddo, or a mare with loose morals. xD

Let me know when you're ready and I can try and get it started. I'm not fast with posting (my 14 month old and husband keep me busy) but I do get around to it whenever I can! :D

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Zahra Posts: 64
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15hh :: 2 Years
Hanna :: Common Kitsune :: Fire & Ilham :: Bark Spider :: None Riven
I can offer Zahra for a friend, and a very uneducated discussion about Companionssss :)

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
Aaron for mentoring! No really. I think he'd make s fine mentor since the wild and all is all he's ever known. Not to mention he's got a hellhound for a companion so that will start off the companion talk right off. Plus, no wings or horns to freak him out with

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
I can offer Destrier :3 Either as a mentor or a friend. He lived a majority of his life with elves so there's something they would have immediately in common :D And he could teach him how to horse and about magic, companions, etc!

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
I'm good for all of these! I think I'll go through this thread and message ya'll one by one for threads once he's accepted into a herd :D

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]