the Rift

:: Companions ::

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
1. Noooooo. Dragon colours/ranks are some of my favourite things on here. It's my ambition to get a gold for Vol one day and if I ever achieve that I'll be so, so happy and have such a sense of accomplishment. If golds could just be common, it would take the shine (lololol pun) off it somewhat. Similarly, I like the 'alternative' thing of female dragons being larger and higher ranked. If this went, I would be hugely sad.

2. Again, noooo. SS companions make each species unique, and I still love the old-school thing of equine x dragon. If any species could bond to anything, it'd make them less special, I think.

3. I'm on the fence about this one. On the one hand, it would be awesome to make up new, unique companions. On the other, the novelty could wear off quite fast, and we have some mythicals that hardly anybody goes for anyway - like cerndrys and boggarts, I can only think of a handful of charries with those.

4. I do actually have a suggestion on this, but it's quite...odd. My suggestion is that if a character takes the time to research the companion they want, by interacting with characters with those companions, finding out info on them etc, they should have a higher chance in drops. ICly it could be because the creature doing the drop 'sees' more potential in a character who's put the time into finding out about the companion they want. Vol for example has fangirled over dragons since the day he was born, found out as much as possible about them and is like a walking encyclopedia on them. Nyx, on the other hand, knew nothing about lions before 'oops suddenly lion'. Out of those two, to me Vol is more 'deserving' of a companion.

I was thinking something like...if you complete three threads interacting with/researching your chosen companion, you get your name entered an extra time in drops for that companion. If you complete, say, eight threads researching/interacting, you get your name entered twice. I just think it would be an incentive for characters to put effort into their companion choice, and encourage more selection of companions rather than just 'oh look there's a drop meh I think I'll go for it'?

5. I like the refusal system!

6. DRAGONS.

7. Idk I've never had another mythical that wasn't a dragon :O

8. Yesss I'd love this! Would definitely give a sense of uniqueness to those charries.

My biggest suggestion, one I've been meaning to PM as a suggestion for a while, is to standardize how companions are listed next to the avatar. My poor, poor OCD hates how they're all formatted differently. Like here's just a handful of dragons:

Vérzés :: Red Dragon :: Frost Breath
Khan :: Blue Common Dragon :: Frost Breath
Akaith :: Gold Royal Dragon :: Fire
Lilómiel :: Black Plain Dragon :: Firebreathing
Tallis :: Common Orange :: Firebreathing & Toxic Breath

Some are Colour then Class, some are just colour, some are just class. Their ability is sometimes Fire, or Fire Breath, or Firebreathing. Some normal companions are Type then None (if they have no ability), some say Type then it's just blank. It's the same for other companions, some are Rank then Type, some just type, etc. It could just be me and probably is LMAO but it makes me twitch xD I suggest that all companions should be listed:

Name :: Rank (then colour here for dragons) Type :: Ability listed as 2 words so Fire Breath rather than Firebreathing or just Fire?

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
:: Companions :: - by Official - 05-12-2015, 08:46 AM
RE: :: Companions :: - by Ranjiri - 05-12-2015, 09:46 AM
RE: :: Companions :: - by Ashamin - 05-12-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: :: Companions :: - by Tamme - 05-12-2015, 12:22 PM
RE: :: Companions :: - by Ashamin - 05-12-2015, 12:28 PM
RE: :: Companions :: - by Volterra - 05-12-2015, 02:29 PM
RE: :: Companions :: - by Tamme - 05-12-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: :: Companions :: - by Volterra - 05-12-2015, 03:40 PM
RE: :: Companions :: - by Mirabella - 05-12-2015, 05:09 PM
RE: :: Companions :: - by Elsa - 05-14-2015, 07:08 PM