the Rift

awake my soul;

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli

R O H A N
How fickle my heart and how woozy my eyes.

It doesn’t take long for the restless traveler to recognize his new surroundings.

His stride slows, fluted ears pricking from their relaxed position as he explores this new and unfamiliar realm. The thick forest is different than the rolling hills of his homeland, the cool air moist with the dew of late morning, evidence of the night’s gentle storm. Droplets are scattered across the dark trunks and lush undergrowth, catching the shimmering green light that seeps through the boughs overhead. It is hauntingly beautiful, the thriving foliage seeming to capture sounds like the hills enhance it, leaving an expectant silence behind (not unlike a held breath).

This new and unfamiliar is good, welcomed even—while Etherim is worlds away, Rohan does not doubt the cold resolution of his father. As dark nostrils flare, he searches for any glimmering sign that mercenaries from his homeland have come searching for their fugitive prince. Finding no immediate threat, the dunalino strides forward with his usual swagger. The weariness of travel is hidden well beneath a well-bred simper and smirking eyes, the strong crest of his neck arched in its natural fashion.

With every confident, sweeping step, Rohan would like to think that he leaves a little more of his past behind—a little more of his family, a little more of Etherim, and a little more of Iofiel. The heavens know how long ago his father’s vile face has been forcibly forgotten (the bitter old shrew). But such solidity is learned and practiced; a lesson that the antlered stallion is sure to accept at one point or another.

However, today is glorious, he can feel it! His green eyes are bright as they peer from beneath his long forelock, ears trained forward, and lips ready to slip into their roguish grin. No one knows Rohan Kaerji here, wherever he is, and he has every intention in keeping it that way. He is Rohan now, just Rohan. The thought is exciting, even liberating perhaps, and a crooked grin manages to curl on corner of his mouth as he strides purposefully forward—to what exactly, only time will tell.

Tag: open!
“Speech.”

[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
belladonna, in italian a beautiful lady; in english a deadly poison.

With newly won land bathed in blood and the glory of victory (though pathetically garnered it had been) came the same exodus of fools and cowards that Lakota had always witnessed. Pride was a loathful thing, and the Poisoner snorted to remember all the cases she had come across. Why did they flee with their whipped tails curled beneath their bellies - which would soon starve beneath the staggering weight of their own stupidity - when they could find shelter and future growth beneath an invader who was clearly more powerful? Why did they not remain at least to grow stronger beneath the tutelage of the new ruler and their warriors? It was useless for Lakota to attempt to understand, so different was she from the mindless beasts who hadn't deserved the home beneath their feet. So what if the old-Edge had taken it from them? They had offered to allow them to stay.

Nonetheless regardless of their idiotic reasonings lost to the pitiful labyrinths of their webbed, useless minds, it made Lakota's job all the harder. Of course there was no specific job for recruitment, but the Poisoner had watched her herd falter and fail once before after the invasion had decimated their numbers. It would not happen again. And with her Medic rank barred to her by Kitten (as she still ever-lovingly dubbed her, despite quiet protests from the other mare that she cheerfully ignored), the Falls was not a place she really desired to be. Though moving about with a swollen, ever-growing belly was difficult, the sapphire mare determined that exercise would do her and babe both some measure of good. Truthfully she was just avoiding the ever-growing tension she felt, the hormonal moodswings that she didn't desire to take out on her mate. Her mate whom was drifting ever further away from her, Lakota despaired.

But whatever. She didn't need Ktulu to make her feel needed, useful or loved. Lakota had taken care of herself for too long before the younger mare and she had met. So instead she threw herself (albeit a little recklessly, admittedly) into the realm of the gateway in which she'd met said mare. Leaves are thick and pregnant with their dewy autumn drops, and everything is moist and new with life and lushness. It was a beautiful concoction, one Lakota would never tire of through her seasons of habitation in Helovia. Pale pinkened nares fluttered like butterfly wings, taking in the natural scents around her. At her side, a small ivory bear strode at her side, a spot of even brighter color against the dark shades of green and brown the forest was displaying. Offsetting the paleness of her spine, the sapphire tones of her body which swelled beautifully, attractively, with soon-to-come life.

You need to stop hiding from 'Tulu, Aodaun noted calmly, lime green eyes never leaving the horizon, his own more sensitive nose placed to the test. The Threshold was all a matter of the quickest to snatch up the newcomer, after all. Lakota did not intend to lose in that regard. Pregnant or not. "I am not hiding from her," she grumped softly, too used to speaking aloud to the polar bear even when she could easily communicate with him in her mind. "If she wants Archibald to heal her, very well. It's what she wishes, and I'll respect that." Ao snorted harshly, glancing at her briefly with clearly disbelieving eyes. You're jealous. Lakota snarled defensively, but before that could spiral into another matter entirely, Aodaun whipped his head around.

There's someone here. Lakota could have exclaimed 'goody!' for all that meant to her, letting her avoid the subject. With Aodaun taking the lead with his sharper nose she twined around and through the foliage, steps light and dainty even with her swollen sides. So small was she that her large foal-belly made her seem as if she'd break any moment, but it did little to detract from her captivating violets and the intense stare they were placed inside.

The stallion was pale, obvious on the backdrop as her companion was. "Welcome to Helovia, stranger," she purred, like silk over a silver dagger, beautiful but with a hint of ever-present danger. Aodaun growled softly both in greeting and in warning, leaning protectively against Lakota's left foreleg. He never had liked strangers, they were too volatile at times, and he could not determine what they were like until it was often too late.

Lakota
the Poisoner

kaydeniro | larfsalot
on deviantart
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Smile for your sins

I had travelled through the storm, both figuratively and literally. In spite of my allegiance to Kaj, Kahlua, and Archibald, I had chosen a path already forged from my past mistakes. Upon my return to Helovia I had promised to resume my place in the World’s Edge, no matter how many transitions it suffered. That didn’t mean that I didn’t fear what would come of new leadership, but Torliek and Mauja appeared promising thus far… even if I had missed the opportunity to again call myself King of the Edge. The thought was a bitter one that still smarted to the touch, but was I not the Gentle Heart? Had I not overcome adversity too many times before?

Again I set eyes upon the very place of my beginning, one thrust from the earth in order to accompany those new and those old past the gates of uncertainty. The muddy trails became apparent as I slipped between both tree and underbrush, seeking no particular destination other than continual infinity. The Threshold was a place of possibility and one that encouraged a gambling of wit and performance, because this was nothing more than a show of achievement. It was designed to groom one’s ability to persuade and appeal to another… and at times it was nothing more than an auction of the soul. One was not pegged worthy for their intelligence or their skill, but rather for their physique and their momentary allure. All that is new shines bright… but I searched for something more than the obligatory four-legged number. One’s heart was not defined by his count…

However, with honorable intention and perseverance, the Threshold was something of eternal beauty. It stitched together two beings based on trust and understanding alone… It was something that did not always work as I had learned over the years, but also something that was just as rewarding as love itself. I considered myself a bridge toward the future and one that offered the World’s Edge a new start.

With Sabine tucked safely against my neck, I clambered across the sodden ground, still pliant after a midnight storm. It had been a beautiful thing to witness after the heat of TallSun and I had spent most of the witching hours tracing the hazy bolts of lightning as they stretched toward the ground, always missing. I had been lucky enough to seek shelter until morning, which led me on a detour to clear my mind after finally taking up residence again in the World’s Edge. I didn’t want to remember the grueling process of taking the Hidden Falls and I didn’t want to relive the very moments of its end… After all, pain and heartache were all the remained of its natives. How had I ever condoned such a fickle decision? How had I ever moved against them?

Though my thoughts were scattered to the wind, I was quick to recognize a familiar fragrance once married to the Edge itself. However, the brine was fading and the exotic taste of the Falls was becoming more apparent. I hadn’t formally met Lakota during our time by the sea together, but now was as good a time as any- even if it was accompanied by the tension of goodbye. I no longer referred to her as a part of “home”, but who could blame me? I had long ago devoted myself to the mists of the Edge and I’d long ago pressed my hoof to the cliff’s face, vowing to forever remain. Yet, that didn’t keep me from accepting her presence as warmly as I would any stranger despite the rift now between us. However, the mare looked quite different than I’d remembered… Now she appeared quite full and heavy with child. Those dark sides seemed to press against her skin, telling tales of new life that would fade with the memory of her glory as well as the memory of what was once the Hidden Falls thanks to her and those I once called family.

However, Lakota was not alone and instead her attentions were drawn to an antlered stallion with eyes just as green as Evangeline’s. He appeared to rival me in stature, but his youth made him my superior. I was no longer the youthful sprite I’d once been and there was certainly no shame in that… Perhaps he too would one day find comfort in the World’s Edge just as I had at his age. “Indeed, welcome. I guess you were fortunate enough to receive a welcoming party,” I smirked to both Lakota and her guest. The mare’s companion appeared to be anything but friendly and upon thinking as much, Sabine was quick to claw and bite her way from beneath the warmth of my mane. The Zephyr squawked and crooned at the massive bear, but was content to survey her surroundings soon after. “I’m Thor, a representative of the World’s Edge here in Helovia. I don’t suppose you’re here on business… so maybe pleasure? Or are you just looking for a place to stay?” I questioned jokingly. The young brute didn’t strike me as bitterly serious, so I went with my gut for once, hoping that it would not offend.

Thor the Gentle Heart
@[Rohan] @[Lakota]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

R O H A N

Time, it would seem, doesn’t take long to divulge his little secrets.

Brimming as this place is with strange and unfamiliar scents, the addition of another doesn’t initially pique the stallion’s interest. It takes the muffled rustle of the damp undergrowth to catch the dunalino’s attention, and by this time, the pair is already in sight. He curses under his breath, reprimanding himself for being so negligent of his surroundings—he should know better by now—but the deliberation is fleeting and soon lost to more witty and fantastical thoughts.

The pair dances between dappled shadows and mossy trees to approach him. He watches them with a gaze that mirrors the green haze of light that peeks through the boughs, picking apart only the surface of the mare’s face—and violet eyes as piercing as his own. It’s been too long since he has tasted such a sweet scent upon his tongue, too long since he has interacted with anyone, much less with the company of a mare (impregnated or not). So wrapped up is he that Rohan nearly overlooks the mare’s company—not another mare, or stallion, or even equine-related at all for that matter.

Dark lips purse and his brow furrows questioningly, his handsome head tilting as he inspects the interesting sight of bear and equine. While…companions...are only legends in Etherim, the tales are well-known among children as they grow. But knowing very little truth about such a phenomenon, Rohan can only assume that is what he witnessing now (and fortunately he has some manner of poise to compose himself well enough before the pair comes to settle before him).

Rohan’s gaze lingers curiously on the stout white beast (admittedly his skin prickles, against his wishes, at the growl), his eyes soon following his ears when the blue mare speaks. She greets him with a purr that makes one side of his brow rise amusingly for a moment, even if the mystery behind her tone is intriguing. “Helovia, you say?” Rohan muses deeply, his eyes twinkling as he continues, “thank you, stranger.” A smirk plays across his lips, but something distracts him before the Warlander is able to continue.

Flicking the length of his long tail about his fetlocks, he turns his green eyes to the approaching stallion. He tries (somewhat) to not be annoyed at having to tear his attention away from the female, but the newcomer seems like an agreeable enough fellow, so he swallows it for now.

“Fortunate indeed,” Rohan boasts, his chin proud, though his gaze is soon stolen by movement from the stallion’s…neck? ‘Uhh, mate? Your mane is moving,’ seems like an appropriate exclamation until the little creature reveals itself. Rohan flicks his ears in curiosity, exhaling heavily through his nose as he ponders what novel sights have already welcomed him this day. What a strange place this is. But the thought is exciting, eager to discover what unknowns this world might have to offer him.

Thor continues, introducing himself and his homeland. An impish smirk skews the Warlander’s lips with questions of ‘pleasure.’ Childish, maybe, but pleasure is certainly something that the young stallion could use a fair bit of right now. “I have traveled for many months, as one often does when in search for nothing in particular. The wilds have done me well, certainly, although I wouldn’t protest if my wanderings were put to rest,” Rohan chuckles deeply to himself. No need to reveal that he is actually running away rather than trying to find something; it is a trivial point as far as he is concerned.

Trailing a glance to the blue mare, the dunalino allows a little simper to shadow his lips. “My name is Rohan; the pleasure is all yours, I’m sure,” his tone slips into something reminiscent of light sarcasm towards the end, a private rebellion to his mother’s reprimanding perhaps. She always wanted him to be a gentleman.

Tag: Lakota & @[Thor]
“Speech.”

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
Sialia
I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

I am on my way to the threshold, hopefully to bring someone back with me. If I can. Maybe thus time I wouldn't fail in the same area where others had succeeded. Like I had before. Softly I sigh, moving gracefully through the growth. There are a few arrivals this lovely Orangemoon day, but I dismiss them. None of them have the integrity or the look I was searching for. None seemed to fit in. Not to mention they had to be strong enough to survive the harsh winters. I'm sorry but those of lighter blood would not do nearly as well.

However, I think I may have found my charge. Carefully I move up, ears forward and focused. I catch the words of Thor, and this Rohan, but I seem to have missed out on what the equine mare had to say. My eyes roam the unicorn carefully, taking in his build, and his quiet lovely looks. Yeah, you are right along my lines of attractive. To bad I wasn't the first to welcome him here. That would have been just peachy. Meeting someone first generally gave you the upper hand. But I could flaunt my looks a little, but not to much. I didn't need to look desperate, 'cause I wasn't. Well, not for him.

Slowly I move forward, emerging next to the others, a smile playing on my lips on my two toned face. "Hello." I say softly, silken vocals flowing easily out. "I seem to be late to this welcoming party as this gentleman put it." I wink at the unicorn in a good natured way, before continuing on into my speel. "I am Sialia, and I am from the Aurora Basin, a land nestled in the north. I can tell you more if you would like?"

My brows lift slightly, watching the unicorn man, but the smile still lifts my face in a kind friendly way. I want him to come home with me, but there is already tons of competition... This might not go the way I planned.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Lakota]
Words;;
Notes;; sorry for the crap post >.< this was done from my IPad.

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
belladonna, in italian a beautiful lady; in english a deadly poison.

Ah, how had Lakota possibly forgotten how recruiters were the flies, and the Threshold the delightful molasses they all migrated to? Perhaps she was getting old. Ancient, Aodaun informed her cheerily. Stuff it, or I'll turn you into a rug. A deep rumbling noise - his form of laughter - was all that was given in response. The woman cocked her hip as the handsome man turned towards her, eyes lush and verdant as they fell upon her equally vibrant gems. Lakota offered a simpering smile, a dash of danger in the folds and corners. He had no idea what he was getting into, but Lakota had always loved fresh meat. They wriggled so beautifully in their skin, confidence lost in the new lack of familiarity the land often brought about. The nomadic warrior had never had such limitations. Perhaps this stag would prove to be a better candidate by displaying the same absence?

Though he seems to be bewildered - only a little, she noted with a weird sense of pride in him - by Aodaun's presence, there was little hesitation before a smirk went curling up his lips like tangy smoke. He mocked her words back at her, and the lithe mare let a little piece of laughter slip from her tongue. "I like your spunk," she grinned, all mischief and intrigue. "My name is Lakota, but most call me the Poisoner. This is Aodaun," she dipped her darkened muzzle towards the bear. He was quite amusing, so she deigned to at least share her name and title. It was so rare to find an interesting fellow in the belly of the gateway, but always a pleasant gem to venture across. Of course his radiance must have given him away, for the lumbering beast in the distance made his crashing announcement rather plainly. When it was Thor who came into sight, Lakota's teeth grit in silence where it was unseen. Eyes went cold as they traveled to the stallion, the weak, turncoat, bleeding heart bastard. Lakota held no love for him, and any respect he may have garnered from her had been demolished when he had fought and then run crying back to the murderous bitch of the Edge. He was a weak-willed coward in her eyes, and nothing more.

When his eyes fell upon her she briefly regarded him, nothing but cold violet fire in her eyes, a desperate desire to let it burn him. Or perhaps she'd melt the lining of his lungs with a corrosive poison in her misted arsenal, let him choke to death on his own betrayal. Ah, but words were the universal distraction, and the princess slimmed and smoothed her feathers easily. Nobody but Thor would even notice her change in demeanor, for it had been reserved solely for him, and had existed only on the plane of interference between their locked gazes. Turning back to let her gaze fall upon the stranger, she cocked an ear towards the turncoat and half-listened, watching as from the distant northern woods another approached. Everyone is desperate for new meat, Aodaun huffed sarcastically in her head. Lakota concealed a grin. Isn't it pathetic that we're among the rabble now, too?

Midway through Thor's speech something crawled from his mane to chirp down at Aodaun. The bear turned his regal head to regard her coolly, and though he nor Lakota held ill-will towards the little girl, they'd neither feel comfortable encouraging her behavior when she was implicitly tied to the brute she clung to. In their silence as they fell to their thoughts a horned maiden arrived, spouting off just as much as Thor had. Lakota could not help but laugh, the mocking tone only barely apparent. "My, aren't we all eager? Recruiting is such a game sometimes, but you're lucky to have three of the four herds of Helovia at your hooves Rohan." Glancing between Sialia and Thor she shrugged one delicate shoulder, as uncaring of what they thought of her as she was the endgame, whomever Rohan decided to follow. "I hail from the Hidden Falls. I'm sure we're all eager to answer any burning questions you may have, it's clear we'd all love you in our herds," she said smoothly, but her eyes glittered with mocking amusement at this competition they were all holding with one another. At least she hadn't launched directly into trying to sway him to her herd, as the others had.

Did nobody care for impartial sharing of information anymore? You just don't care, Kota, Aodaun huffed at her knee. Lakota grinned. Now ain't that somethin'.

@[Thor]

Lakota
the Poisoner

kaydeniro | larfsalot
on deviantart
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Smile for your sins

Was it not my mistake for seeing in someone what no one else desired to see? Or was it simply that I stretched the grooves of expectation until they were no longer discernable to the naked eye? Many times I had traversed the muddied trails of the Threshold, seeking talent and strength where others could not. It did not matter that the stallion before me might one day become a noted warrior or legendary philosopher… This was but a mere game of fabrication- a silken lie that could be conveniently pressed against one’s eyes until they could no longer decipher the fine line between what was ethical and corrupt. Again I was forced to oblige those I’d once believed to be moral and again I was forced to bear my own hands against the fire.

One could not miss the obvious resentment flowered and grown within Lakota’s violet stare. However, a fine wine could only be defined by its chalice, and the woman that stood before me now tasted more of poison and dust. Such a combination might sometimes be considered precarious or evenly deadly… But, I knew the men she served and I knew the life she lived (as old and quiet as it was), and there was something more substantial in the leaders I now worshipped. Did she find my presence to be so threatening that she would risk placing a dagger between the World’s Edge and the new Hidden Falls? After all, how many times had the very land she now claimed to call home been uprooted by stronger nations? Perhaps it was best that I had remained faithful to the Moon Goddess and her rule… she certainly didn’t mind playing dirty when the need arose. Could Kaj and Archibald say the same?

It seemed that I’d wasted too much of my life abiding by morals that subsisted only when the circumstances allowed. I’d been dubbed the Gentle Heart, but that certainly didn’t mean that I upheld such standards. Perhaps it was time to take a new route in life that did not adhere to the peaceful requirements supported by Kaj and Kahlua during their reign… Maybe it was time to adopt Lakota’s methods and forge my own name into the stone. Besides, what did she have to offer, other than a bloodied memory of a land always plagued in war and defeat?

My eyes turned slowly toward the golden stud with as much hesitancy as I could muster. I had to decide here and now whether or not I found him to be up to par to my own personal judgements. Lakota could bat her eyelashes and whisper sweet nothings into his ears all she liked, but that didn’t make her, or the Hidden Falls, the better choice. I knew what the stallion would be walking in to… and it wasn’t much. It was a group of liars, proposing peace and equality… and the World’s Edge had become much more dynamic since their departure. I just had to find a way to prove it. I’d come to recognize in him what I’d already reconciled in myself… and that was a strength that could not be hindered under the guise of peace and restoration. Why not bring to light the strength and valor of such a man? Why not make him larger than the life he now lived?

As my thoughts betrayed me, I chanced another glance at the pregnant mare with the lavender eyes (though I felt heavily sorrowful for the child she would come to nurture in future days). I’d done little to provoke the little roan and I could only imagine how a child would deal with such a bitter upbringing, let alone a full-grown man she could hold accountable for his actions. In that short moment, a bear second in time, I watched as she mocked me… watched as she attempted to fell my walls, and smiled because there were simply no walls left to crumble. As gracefully as one could, I winked at the hefty woman before returning my attention to the battle at hand. If Lakota wanted to treat the stallion like an object, then so be it. I had much more to offer.

Fortune is such a fleeting thing if I must say so myself,” I stated while lifting my eyes. I had remained too quiet when allowing the younger stud a moment to speak and to introduce his cause. “Yet, I think that you have such an abundance of fortune, a plethora of opportunity if you will… Of course, it all comes down to politics and semantics when faced with the ability to decide, and I believe that you will be given quite the earful concerning the small issue of where you will live,” I added coarsely. “Be what it may, but I know that I come to offer much more than a fleeting mirage of what might be. The World’s Edge has come by some fortune as well… and I think you would benefit from its revival.

I didn’t have to pretend such confidence because I knew that it was all based on what I’d witnessed in my short time back in the Edge. The mists themselves had secured such a fate and told me of grand future greatness. The Moon Goddess would return and redeem herself… and the World’s Edge would again flourish as it once did when Mirage herself inhabited the throne.

However, with so many thoughts cradling my mind in hope and grandeur I’d nearly missed the arrival of yet another female with an all too lovely horn seated between her sapphire eyes. If the Basin thought that they stood a chance back then, they surely didn’t stand a chance now…. Not with a former resident calling the World’s Edge his own. Whatever these women had to say was irrelevant; I was confident that the life I lived was admirable.

Thor the Gentle Heart
@[Rohan] @[Lakota] @[Sialia]

R O H A N

As the shafts of green light fall to cocoon the trio, Rohan feels the damp warmth across his back, trickling to outline a figure long-since hardened by travel. For a brief moment, he dares to consider what Iofiel would think of him now. Not that he had ever been the posh sort, but months of wanderings have brought a ruggedness about him that he had lacked before. Not that it matters; such a life is pushed away now, giving life to new opportunities.

It is a quiet greeting that pulls the Warlander from his moment of musings, the polished purr slipping through the cracks of their little gathering like thin satin. Glancing over, Rohan watches as a dark mare settles among them, an impish smirk skewing his lips at her subtle hint at what he appreciates as flirting (despite whatever her intentions might have been). While he likes to think of himself as a strong, rugged man, he would be lying if he were to deny his weakness for a woman’s crafty wiles. He wishes her to flirt with him and so she shall, in his own fancy at least. Having been largely sequestered from the world can do many fantastical things to a man’s mind.

“Welcome, Sialia, to our little gathering,” Rohan’s broad voice is a pleasant mixture of confidence, amusement, and of course his usual dash of coquetry, The North. It does have quite a mysteriousness to it.” And he does love himself a good, enticing enigma (his mood permitting, of course). The stallion’s smirk deepens as he eyes the horned enchantress, the expression lingering as his attention shifts to the blue mare. The Poisoner, she said—certainly a siren in her own right. He feels himself puff out at her words, for one cannot deny the flattery of being sought after by not one, but three herds, as she claims.

A man does love to be wanted, after all.

Perhaps it is a false sense of security (just as a puppet might be the star of the show, he is far from the grasp of authority), a point that the large draft stallion has the favor of enlightening. I’m not entirely fond of politics, Rohan nearly spits to himself, his breath a soft hiss as he grunts under his breath. A statement that is not wholly true—he has born the bloody repercussions of a population absent of government—but talk of politics and semantics reminds him of his father; a face he means to burn from his memory completely.

“Is that so?” He muses, nearly distracted, tossing around thoughts of benefit in his mind. “Even if fortune might be fleeting, as you say, I have learned to seize it and run with it while you can. Life would be so impossibly dull if we all lounged about and simply waited for fortune to greet us,” Rohan flicks his tail, a frown touching his lips at such a dreary thought.

Breathing out from his nostrils and shaking out his unruly mane, the green eyes of the Warlander flicker between each member of his party. “Very well,” he ponders them, pausing before he continues, “Tell me more of these lands you call home—and please, don’t flatter me with flowery descriptions. Indulge me a little more. What of the land? What of these governments? I am not a man to lay wait and rest, what opportunities, what unknowns, can your herds offer me?” A trace of excitement leaks into the stallion’s voice, lighting his eyes. Positions of authority are not in his interest, which would be clear enough to anyone who knew anything about him, but this belly of mysteries and will to discover has only blossomed since departing the familiarity of Etherim.

“I will admit my heart’s wanderlust cannot be so easily satisfied,” he breathes, pursing his lips, “but I don’t intend to roam endlessly. As the lady revealed, it would seem that each of you is in need of new…recruitment, Rohan’s gaze travels to Lakota with a roguish smirk, a sly wink thrown into the mix, “and you’re going to need more than a pretty face to persuade me, sweetheart.” His gaze flickers to Sialia, resting a moment before broadening to Thor. The golden stallion settles back, comfortable, and waits for the embellished words that will surely sprout from their tongues.

Tag: @[Lakota], @[Thor], & @[Sialia]
“Speech.”

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
Sialia
I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

After I arrive and speak my peice the equine mare talks. Slowly my ears slip towards her, and what comes out is snide and actually mildly rude. most of us are just trying to get through it.... the though lingers in my mind as disdain swirls through my body, face and features remaining impassive, the original smile still hanging from my lips.

However, my face slowly turns towards the pegusus stallion, tearing the Saphire eyes from the other mare to look at him. He also speaks, and carefully listen. He himself pitches a good cause, one I would have to counter with. But if he went with the stallion, I wouldn't blame him or hold it against him. The pegusus seemed honest., and in this world of liars, honesty was a rare trait.

However, when the pegusus finishes the unicorn man is quiet for a moment, before continuing on into his speel. So he wished to know of the governments of each of our herds? Then he shall. I wait patiently for him to finish, a grin breaking across my features at his final sentence.

"If you where so easily swayed kind sir, I'd think you a fool." I remark in a kind tone, joking with him a little. I clear my throat gently, before standing straighter and starting in on the Aurora Basin. "As I said before I come from the Aurora Basin, which is our northern most herd land. We are under the protection of the Time god, who is our patron. All of the herds are under one set god or another, as I'm sure that these other two lovely folks will divulge to you." I glance at the other two equine creatures, smiling at them with a nod before returning my gaze to the unicorn man.

"The Basin only accepts those of its own kind, the horned, but not out a malice or racsism like many would suggest, but merely out of want to be around their own kind. We do have a few hybrids amoung us, including our queen, Lady Ophelia."

I pause slightly to catch my breath before I contenue on into ranks.

"We have many jobs in The Basins well, such as Time Menders who are our healers, Warriors, Thieves who are our spies and sneaks, our Weavers who create things such as our two sentinels who gaurd the entrance, and Haruspexs who are the story tellers and the seers of our herd. I smile softly at him, as I launch into the final part of my speel.

"We are governed by our Lord Deimos, and The Lady Ophelia, who together have brought us to a time of peace and friendship between all four of the herds in Helovia. Also, if you are unsure of where you would wish to go, I invite you to visit the Basin, and should you find it unsatisfactory you could be escorted to either the falls or the worlds edge, and should you choose another way and find either of those herds unsatisfactory you are welcome to visit from there. I smile as I relax a little. I'm done explaining my herd, and now my head turn to look at the equine mare, ears pricked to listen to her explanation.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Lakota] @[Thor] @[Rohan]
Words;; lots and lots
Notes;; Sorry that this took so long <3

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Smile for your sins

My mind wandered to home and to Evangeline and to all the things I’d been avoiding since my move back to the World’s Edge. I found that I had many things to pursue and yet no motivation to do any of it. Whether or not that made me indolent or not could go one way or the other, but I liked to consider myself… amenable. Besides, it took time to assemble a successful “faction” (because my family had divorced due to the invasion)… I just hoped it would happen sooner rather than later.

My eyes seemed to find each creature in attendance while I contemplated various other concepts about life, but I stopped on Rohan when he turned to regard the mare called Sialia. She was a beauty all her own before she thought to open her mouth and let her temperament ruin my view of her. That’s not to say that the Threshold wasn’t capable of bringing out the worst in just about everyone, I’d just expected someone –Kinder? More eloquent?— than her. But, hell… what do I know of eloquence? I guess we were all looking to make a a good impression on Rohan and that was (and I’m putting it quite simply) the bottom line.

Of course, he was still quite a hard sell as he found only more reasons to disagree with most everything we said. It was something different and perhaps a bit refreshing, given the many lost souls who settled for my own white lies. It was entirely too easy to paint images of niceties and peace concerning the Edge, or anywhere for that matter, but with the betrayal of the Goddess of the Moon hanging like a noose around my neck, I found it was a little harder than I’d remembered. I wasn’t even sure what kind of Kings I now served, other than the trickle of rumors through the grapevine. It was the land itself that I knew so much about; it had not changed as much as its government and that was something I found the most comfort in. I guess it was the only thing I found comfort in anymore.

When Rohan’s attention was finally curved from the temptress that was Lakota and again fixed (albeit distractedly) on me, I took a moment to consider my words. Whatever I said now would either challenge him or agree with him… I abhorred the idea of again being fooled by my own kindly nature, but at the same time… I didn’t want to mess up any chance of giving the World’s Edge a healthy berth for his consideration. My tongue felt dry and heavy as I began with an almost apologetic smile, “Oh, I certainly agree… that’s why I believe wholeheartedly in the World’s Edge. You see, not only are we constructing a new government, we are also constructing a new rule. We recently invaded the Hidden Falls and my own former leads are working to settle those willing to make the move. Where we once valued peace and neutrality, I believe that the two Kings who have risen to guide us back in the Edge are a little more… proactive to say the least,” I informed him with a subtle smile. If he were to meet Mauja and Torliek, I knew that he would be as convinced as I was… They were entirely opposite of Kaj and Kahlua before they made Archibald King. That was something that hadn’t escaped my notice since their coronation.

Now, since you want the truth about the World’s Edge, I think it’s best you know that our patron is the Goddess of the Moon. I also think you should know that she has been banished by the other immortals for wreaking havoc throughout Helovia and committing a series of murders. As a result and as you know now, we invaded the Hidden Falls in and attempt to seek refuge away from the Moon’s sacred land, but I decided to stay. I’m too partial to the sea and the mist and, well, the memories,” I stated on a defeated sigh. It felt like the first time I’d ever admitted why I’d stayed behind and honestly, it was logic enough for me. “If you wanted all the unknowns then there they are… Though I have a good feeling you’ll have plenty to do considering the many ranks and the many chores still left undone from the invasion. The most I can tell you otherwise would be opinion-based, but the kind of stallions I follow most certainly come with grand schemes,” I concluded confidently.

I guess what I’m getting at is this- I came here intending to sugar coat all that I’ve told you, but I find you to be a more than perfect fit. None of these lands are without hardship, no matter what their representatives say. But, I’ve told you the god-honest truth. At least come and visit, see the lay of the land, meet Mauja and Torleik… I think you’ll find us more than accommodating.

Thor the Gentle Heart
@[Rohan] @[Lakota] @[Sialia]

Brit-- I went ahead and skipped you because it's been over 48 hours.

R O H A N

His bright gaze settles on the horned enchantress when she speaks, lips twisting with the shadow of a smirk as he allows her to fill his mind’s eye with promising and mystical pictures of the North. It certainly is an intriguing idea, his heart’s wanderlust excited at the thought of scouring the frosty mountains, his rugged body working to carry him to the precipices of this new world. He believes himself to be a creature of bravery, even if it is a foolish guise and hardly though-out. Where would the adventure, the unknown be then?

All the same, he can’t help but frown to himself at the idea of a place that only accepts those of its own kind. When it comes to species, class, or rank, the Warlander is hardly meticulous in how those particular facts divide one from another. If someone is an ass, it is because they have made themselves an ass—not because nature has given them wings instead of a horn. The dark lady is careful to clarify their reasoning—merely out of want to be around their own kind—which he supposes he can allow himself to understand. Perhaps racism is a thing here, and it would certainly be a reprieve to return to a home that doesn’t harbor such prejudices. Heavens know Etherim hadn’t been entirely impartial either.

Flicking his unruly tail, Rohan ponders Sialia’s words, struggling between himself. She seems to be a beguiling creature herself, surely cloaked in an enigma that is shrouded with charm, and for a moment he wonders if it is the vessel rather than the harbor that has so ensnared him (a feat not unknown to the often-amorous stallion). A smug smile skews his dark lips, not entirely put off by the idea. But, for once, it is not for a pretty siren that he is searching this day, and his musings are momentarily pushed back as his attentions return to the task at hand.

Thor takes the lead then, beginning with a little history lesson. One side of the Warlander’s brow rises at the mention of the invasion of Hidden Falls, his eyes flickering to Lakota, wondering on what side she had stood during that particular movement. Having been oblivious to the silent exchange between the two earlier, he wonders if they have met previously, and considering what their pasts must encompass, how amusing it would be.

Pricking his ears, Rohan’s gaze wanders back to the draft stallion. World’s Edge does not spin the mysterious pictures in his mind as Aurora Basin did, although the idea of an exiled Goddess does sound interesting (he reminds himself of the series of murders bit, even if, admittedly, it does little to sway his intrigue). He is not the religious type, but his thoughts roam to wonder what sort of land is held patron to a creature that is so…hazardous. Not to mention that there is no talk of their own kind, and proactive leaders is surely a favorable direction. With bile rising to his tongue, Rohan remembers his own father had done little more than rot on his throne while spitting orders about. It would be a favorable change indeed to see kings of a different nature.

“I daresay you both have spun promising arguments,” the striped stallion ponders. He takes a short moment to consider each of them, pursing his brown lips and flaring his nostrils as he exhales, his green eyes falling to Sialia. “While your Aurora Basin does sound fascinating, I am going to accept Thor’s offer to the World’s Edge. If I find that his misty seas aren’t satisfying enough, then I will journey north. I don’t imagine this will be our last farewell,” his lips skew into another smirk, bright eyes twinkling as he turns to Thor, assuming he will lead the way.

Tag; @[Thor] & @[Sialia]
Notes; Would this change his status to World's Edge, or an outcast?
“Speech.”