the Rift

awake my soul;

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Smile for your sins

I had travelled through the storm, both figuratively and literally. In spite of my allegiance to Kaj, Kahlua, and Archibald, I had chosen a path already forged from my past mistakes. Upon my return to Helovia I had promised to resume my place in the World’s Edge, no matter how many transitions it suffered. That didn’t mean that I didn’t fear what would come of new leadership, but Torliek and Mauja appeared promising thus far… even if I had missed the opportunity to again call myself King of the Edge. The thought was a bitter one that still smarted to the touch, but was I not the Gentle Heart? Had I not overcome adversity too many times before?

Again I set eyes upon the very place of my beginning, one thrust from the earth in order to accompany those new and those old past the gates of uncertainty. The muddy trails became apparent as I slipped between both tree and underbrush, seeking no particular destination other than continual infinity. The Threshold was a place of possibility and one that encouraged a gambling of wit and performance, because this was nothing more than a show of achievement. It was designed to groom one’s ability to persuade and appeal to another… and at times it was nothing more than an auction of the soul. One was not pegged worthy for their intelligence or their skill, but rather for their physique and their momentary allure. All that is new shines bright… but I searched for something more than the obligatory four-legged number. One’s heart was not defined by his count…

However, with honorable intention and perseverance, the Threshold was something of eternal beauty. It stitched together two beings based on trust and understanding alone… It was something that did not always work as I had learned over the years, but also something that was just as rewarding as love itself. I considered myself a bridge toward the future and one that offered the World’s Edge a new start.

With Sabine tucked safely against my neck, I clambered across the sodden ground, still pliant after a midnight storm. It had been a beautiful thing to witness after the heat of TallSun and I had spent most of the witching hours tracing the hazy bolts of lightning as they stretched toward the ground, always missing. I had been lucky enough to seek shelter until morning, which led me on a detour to clear my mind after finally taking up residence again in the World’s Edge. I didn’t want to remember the grueling process of taking the Hidden Falls and I didn’t want to relive the very moments of its end… After all, pain and heartache were all the remained of its natives. How had I ever condoned such a fickle decision? How had I ever moved against them?

Though my thoughts were scattered to the wind, I was quick to recognize a familiar fragrance once married to the Edge itself. However, the brine was fading and the exotic taste of the Falls was becoming more apparent. I hadn’t formally met Lakota during our time by the sea together, but now was as good a time as any- even if it was accompanied by the tension of goodbye. I no longer referred to her as a part of “home”, but who could blame me? I had long ago devoted myself to the mists of the Edge and I’d long ago pressed my hoof to the cliff’s face, vowing to forever remain. Yet, that didn’t keep me from accepting her presence as warmly as I would any stranger despite the rift now between us. However, the mare looked quite different than I’d remembered… Now she appeared quite full and heavy with child. Those dark sides seemed to press against her skin, telling tales of new life that would fade with the memory of her glory as well as the memory of what was once the Hidden Falls thanks to her and those I once called family.

However, Lakota was not alone and instead her attentions were drawn to an antlered stallion with eyes just as green as Evangeline’s. He appeared to rival me in stature, but his youth made him my superior. I was no longer the youthful sprite I’d once been and there was certainly no shame in that… Perhaps he too would one day find comfort in the World’s Edge just as I had at his age. “Indeed, welcome. I guess you were fortunate enough to receive a welcoming party,” I smirked to both Lakota and her guest. The mare’s companion appeared to be anything but friendly and upon thinking as much, Sabine was quick to claw and bite her way from beneath the warmth of my mane. The Zephyr squawked and crooned at the massive bear, but was content to survey her surroundings soon after. “I’m Thor, a representative of the World’s Edge here in Helovia. I don’t suppose you’re here on business… so maybe pleasure? Or are you just looking for a place to stay?” I questioned jokingly. The young brute didn’t strike me as bitterly serious, so I went with my gut for once, hoping that it would not offend.

Thor the Gentle Heart
@[Rohan] @[Lakota]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
awake my soul; - by Rohan - 05-13-2015, 02:22 AM
RE: awake my soul; - by Lakota - 05-13-2015, 07:26 PM
RE: awake my soul; - by Thor - 05-14-2015, 12:26 AM
RE: awake my soul; - by Rohan - 05-14-2015, 02:29 PM
RE: awake my soul; - by Sialia - 05-14-2015, 03:15 PM
RE: awake my soul; - by Lakota - 05-15-2015, 02:09 AM
RE: awake my soul; - by Thor - 05-17-2015, 12:21 AM
RE: awake my soul; - by Rohan - 05-17-2015, 06:18 PM