the Rift

awake my soul;

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli

R O H A N
How fickle my heart and how woozy my eyes.

As the shafts of green light fall to cocoon the trio, Rohan feels the damp warmth across his back, trickling to outline a figure long-since hardened by travel. For a brief moment, he dares to consider what Iofiel would think of him now. Not that he had ever been the posh sort, but months of wanderings have brought a ruggedness about him that he had lacked before. Not that it matters; such a life is pushed away now, giving life to new opportunities.

It is a quiet greeting that pulls the Warlander from his moment of musings, the polished purr slipping through the cracks of their little gathering like thin satin. Glancing over, Rohan watches as a dark mare settles among them, an impish smirk skewing his lips at her subtle hint at what he appreciates as flirting (despite whatever her intentions might have been). While he likes to think of himself as a strong, rugged man, he would be lying if he were to deny his weakness for a woman’s crafty wiles. He wishes her to flirt with him and so she shall, in his own fancy at least. Having been largely sequestered from the world can do many fantastical things to a man’s mind.

“Welcome, Sialia, to our little gathering,” Rohan’s broad voice is a pleasant mixture of confidence, amusement, and of course his usual dash of coquetry, The North. It does have quite a mysteriousness to it.” And he does love himself a good, enticing enigma (his mood permitting, of course). The stallion’s smirk deepens as he eyes the horned enchantress, the expression lingering as his attention shifts to the blue mare. The Poisoner, she said—certainly a siren in her own right. He feels himself puff out at her words, for one cannot deny the flattery of being sought after by not one, but three herds, as she claims.

A man does love to be wanted, after all.

Perhaps it is a false sense of security (just as a puppet might be the star of the show, he is far from the grasp of authority), a point that the large draft stallion has the favor of enlightening. I’m not entirely fond of politics, Rohan nearly spits to himself, his breath a soft hiss as he grunts under his breath. A statement that is not wholly true—he has born the bloody repercussions of a population absent of government—but talk of politics and semantics reminds him of his father; a face he means to burn from his memory completely.

“Is that so?” He muses, nearly distracted, tossing around thoughts of benefit in his mind. “Even if fortune might be fleeting, as you say, I have learned to seize it and run with it while you can. Life would be so impossibly dull if we all lounged about and simply waited for fortune to greet us,” Rohan flicks his tail, a frown touching his lips at such a dreary thought.

Breathing out from his nostrils and shaking out his unruly mane, the green eyes of the Warlander flicker between each member of his party. “Very well,” he ponders them, pausing before he continues, “Tell me more of these lands you call home—and please, don’t flatter me with flowery descriptions. Indulge me a little more. What of the land? What of these governments? I am not a man to lay wait and rest, what opportunities, what unknowns, can your herds offer me?” A trace of excitement leaks into the stallion’s voice, lighting his eyes. Positions of authority are not in his interest, which would be clear enough to anyone who knew anything about him, but this belly of mysteries and will to discover has only blossomed since departing the familiarity of Etherim.

“I will admit my heart’s wanderlust cannot be so easily satisfied,” he breathes, pursing his lips, “but I don’t intend to roam endlessly. As the lady revealed, it would seem that each of you is in need of new…recruitment, Rohan’s gaze travels to Lakota with a roguish smirk, a sly wink thrown into the mix, “and you’re going to need more than a pretty face to persuade me, sweetheart.” His gaze flickers to Sialia, resting a moment before broadening to Thor. The golden stallion settles back, comfortable, and waits for the embellished words that will surely sprout from their tongues.

Tag: @[Lakota], @[Thor], & @[Sialia]
“Speech.”

[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
awake my soul; - by Rohan - 05-13-2015, 02:22 AM
RE: awake my soul; - by Lakota - 05-13-2015, 07:26 PM
RE: awake my soul; - by Thor - 05-14-2015, 12:26 AM
RE: awake my soul; - by Rohan - 05-14-2015, 02:29 PM
RE: awake my soul; - by Sialia - 05-14-2015, 03:15 PM
RE: awake my soul; - by Lakota - 05-15-2015, 02:09 AM
RE: awake my soul; - by Thor - 05-17-2015, 12:21 AM
RE: awake my soul; - by Rohan - 05-17-2015, 06:18 PM
RE: awake my soul; - by Sialia - 05-21-2015, 02:35 PM
RE: awake my soul; - by Thor - 05-27-2015, 10:36 PM
RE: awake my soul; - by Rohan - 05-29-2015, 09:15 PM