the Rift

[OPEN] in a perfect world this would never happen

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

My heart was tearing in two—cuz now it wasn’t a mistake anymore. I could hear her calling my name, shrieking in a shrill, desperate way I never wanted to hear again, ever—cuz it meant I wasn’t answering it fast enough, that I was too far away and my ass wasn’t bookin’ it as fast to her as she needed me (and she needed me right then, right then--) but my head was caught in an awkward angle and talons were piercing me in the neck and something heavy was flapping and making my muscles cramp—

--and I had something pissed and scaly and spiky roaring and shrieking in my head—

--and I wasn’t sure how to handle this situation.

“Cheek--Chico--CHEEK—“ I tried calling to you, cuz the mental link was being ignored—or I guess you couldn’t hear me over the crash of your own feelings. Holy shit you was livid—and pumped—and ready, oh so ready for a brawl. I could feel how your blood rushed under your skin and how your nerves jumped excitedly and how good it felt to scream at the top of your throat and feel the power behind it. Your eyes were steady and piercing and glued to the other--rougarou?

Judging by the other mare’s reaction, she was at least kinda familiar with this weird morphing shit, and I guess that angry screaming thing on her head was a shifter too. Which would explain your heightened emotions, cuz other rougarous just get you so excited for anything and everything, a deep, deep pleasure at seeing another who could switch skins as easily as you—

--but there was a deep anger too, and it was confusing me, I didn’t know why you were so pissed--

--but my gaze traveled back to the mare and I looked at her face, at her mane and the little notches going across her neck. Little bits and pieces of her torn from the claws of a red-eyed brat, you were guessing.

And you were not impressed with what you were guessing.

THAT’S ENOUGH, CHICO,” I boomed in my loudest, feeling the thing that was coiling in your breast, ready to strike—but you paid me no mind. I was dead in your head and there was a mission getting settled and I didn’t want you wildin’ out and attacking someone else’s companion on another herd’s borders but that’s exactly what was happening—

--and you launched yourself at the screaming, challenging lizard-thing across from us—you beat your wings and bared your fangs and you were just larger than the other one, larger and a little more regal and just as vicious, just as ready for a brawl--

--and you were too fast for me to stop and I tried to run forward but you were away from me in a flash. Shit, shit, shit-- I didn’t know what to do, I’d never been in this kind of shit before—

--and to make matters worse, there was that voice again, much closer than it was the last time, tearing my heart in two, three, four, too many pieces to bear.

*"NO! STOP! Just stop!"*

He won’t listen to me!! I screamed back, damn-near panicking; I turned and there she was and there were too many things wrong with the way she looked, at the unsteady feel to her, and my entire body cried out to see her—but there was too much going on, too much shit happening in the form of two pointy lizards rallying to duke it out to blood.

@[Sikeax] [Hope you don't mind the "larger" and "more regal" description of Chico's form! Since he's older and Royal I figured it'd be the case!]

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
RE: in a perfect world this would never happen - by Roskuld - 06-16-2015, 11:34 AM