[OPEN] Heavy Crown

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia & Romul
I needed to calm down, you’re way too bold to love
Someone’s here…” Romul urges softly.

His words don’t come as a surprise, but they are strained, if guarded even. However, I don’t let his tension or wariness impact me as I’d done too many times before. In fact, it is only natural that we’d be discovered within mere moments, as bold as our approach had certainly appeared. Yet, it was still mildly disconcerting for me because I had come under the presumption that I’d have time to prepare. Upon seeing the island drifting off in the distance, with the water’s reflection casting strange yellow waves against its shore, I had anticipated a few hours to acclimate myself to the idea of belonging there. But, our time was up and the shadows had been pushed back by the light of day- it was time to sing or lower the curtain.

When the white wolf had managed to sidle up against me, his golden eyes peering off in the unknown future, I murmured softly against his titled ear. He responded in kind with an excited yelp before settling onto his stomach, alert. It was then that the lovely tiger-mare rounded the dusty rock formation in which she’d been hidden from view. She was quite literally angelic, a vision of heavenly light, that appeared all too out of place against the desert backdrop. However, before she could press me with question or introduction, I traced a path from her white-lashed eyes toward the fragile wings perched just behind her ears. It was almost cathartic to me, to find that my father had not been the only one blessed with dysfunction, despite the lingering distrust I suffered at the mere mention of his name. The past was not something that would ever let me live without its tainted grace and this mare was just another memory, painted with a different face.

The faintest whisper of a foreign tongue tickles my ears when the mare speaks and there is something forceful in the way she greets me. I bristle slightly against the soft grin that follows before nodding slowly, noting the woman’s reluctance to give her name. It appeared unfeeling that the Diviner would lead with rank instead of proper introduction, but in allowing her the benefit of the doubt, she had no idea who I was or what I’d come for. I assumed that she required some level of respect, given her position, before welcoming conversation or anything thereof. “Indeed,” I replied vaguely. “Though, I come looking to join you more than anything,” I concluded softly, attempting to appear more pliant than defensive. However, I figured that if the Diviner had any reason to send me away, it would arise simply because I refused to bow to her rank rather than to her name. I didn’t want tension and I didn’t want discord so I supplied her with a brusque smile before adding, “I’m Essetia and this is Romul.

The wolf lifted his eyes toward the mare at his mention and remained silent due to my anxiety and mild sense of feeling unwelcome. Yet, before I could indulge the awkward sensation born of our apprehensive meeting, another winged woman (albeit questionably injured) found her way to our company. She was more amiable than the Diviner, though perhaps a bit rough around the edges. “I wasn’t aware anything was going on?” I answered confusedly. “Are you- are you okay?” It was the least I could do considering I wished to be granted entry to the Dragon’s Throat… Now was as a good a time as any to get acquainted to those I might call… family?

@[Maren] @[Astrasza]
Image Credit

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
Heavy Crown - by Essetia - 05-14-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: Heavy Crown - by Maren - 05-16-2015, 07:47 AM
RE: Heavy Crown - by Astrasza - 05-16-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: Heavy Crown - by Essetia - 05-20-2015, 04:13 PM
RE: Heavy Crown - by Maren - 05-21-2015, 04:14 PM
RE: Heavy Crown - by Essetia - 05-31-2015, 06:08 PM