the Rift

[OPEN] barbarian's prisoner

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
StormBringer

Despite all attempts at concealing his formidable mass, exuding an aura of peace and patience, it is a useless endeavor. Though disappointment is absent in his heart when she scrambles to her thin, birdlike legs before him as if fearing a secondary physical challenge. Weathered blue coins kept themselves trained upon the fae as she stumbled to a halt before him, eventually composed once more enough to let her evergreen gems fall upon him properly. Kaj waited with significant patience for her to comprehend his proffered words, offer some sort of response.

"You could say I've not been eating. I find my appetite has vanished due to... recent events." It comes somewhat sardonically, if he is to give her fair recompense and leeway. Nonetheless he allows his head to tilt imperceptibly, as if tempted to stare her down fully - though his unwavering attention as he had sometimes been told was supposedly just as unnerving. "Stress is undoubtedly a factor for lack of appetite, but self preservation is also important. While you are here I encourage you to put on weight once more, it will do you well when you leave." Eyes narrowed almost imperceptibly however as he contemplated the minor inflections of accusation and dare he say hatred in her tone. "But I will not apologize for doing what I believe best for my family, especially when you were more than welcome to remain when we reigned victorious. It would be hollow, as I do not feel real regret. You left of your own accord, and as such are here once more for the same reasons." It was not antagonistic, merely pointing out the obvious. Though the mare had proven herself foolish and tongue-tied once, Kaj would not be surprised if it came alive once more.

Subconscious seemed to pick up on the fact that the bird circling above had done so for too long, too orderly, for it to be natural. Eyes lifted briefly upward, noting the familiar markings and bodice he'd begun to associate with Naamloos. A brief quirk of a smile was offered in case she was looking, unbothered by her entrance and her lingering. She was a curious thing, and Kaj welcomed her questions, as it often put into perspective his own emotions and place in the world. He was not nearly as composed and detached as she, which he envied at times, but she kept his hooves righted and he appreciated that. Having her there at all was already like a peaceful wave of solidarity across the oceanic surface of his soul. An odd influence for one so young to have, but Isopia had far more power and sway than most would expect.

Drom pulled his attention back and he snorted softly, dismissing her words. "I will worry because you are my prisoner, and I will not have you claim ill-treatment beneath my captivity." That was all to be said on the matter, and he let it die a perfect death lest she resurrect it to poke at it further. Pride could do such strange things after all. Like drive a mare to starvation, he mused to himself. Though he hadn't particularly desired to strike up a more intimate conversation, Drom added her own personal feelings and experiences, and so Kaj hummed softly in recognition of her words. "Wisdom is an honorable thing to seek." Was that appropriate to say? Had she been expecting further conversation?

Head tilts fully in persistent confusion over her plea. "Why? I shall not place you in it. You are far from dangerous to me or my denizens, and I already informed you about my thoughts on you claiming to be ill-treated. You are free to roam these lands and heal while you are captive. Perhaps, if you treasure wisdom and knowledge so much, you will learn more about the supposed beasts who captured your home." Dare he say that he is almost smug in his subtle reprimanding of her in that moment, but he did not allow lips to curve in satirical amusement if only to aid in enforcing the ideology upon her.

venomxbaby @ DA :: Blusl @ DA

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
barbarian's prisoner - by Dröm - 05-14-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: barbarian's prisoner - by Kaj - 05-15-2015, 01:27 AM
RE: barbarian's prisoner - by Isopia - 05-16-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: barbarian's prisoner - by Dröm - 05-16-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: barbarian's prisoner - by Dröm - 05-24-2015, 05:52 PM
RE: barbarian's prisoner - by Kaj - 05-20-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: barbarian's prisoner - by Ink - 05-20-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: barbarian's prisoner - by Kaj - 06-04-2015, 06:36 PM