the Rift

[OPEN] My Tongues Of Flame Will Be Your Bane

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
The mare before him spoke with a remarkable lack of emotion in her voice. Ashamin couldn't help but stare, but the moment he noticed he'd let his eyes fix on her for any longer than a few seconds, he ducked his head and turned it away. How could he be so inept at staying out of sight, after all this time?

He thought about how long he had been alone. He had been ok that way, hadn't he? Should he have stayed a lone wanderer?

The boy stopped his mind's path. He thought about Sikeax's words, and remembered death. No, loneliness was death. A few more months of grieving solitude and he would have been food for the birds, and likely by choice. It was a sobering thought to realize that his fate now rested in the gaze of others--that the same hooves that had led him to the Basin had led him away from suicide.

Ashamin's ears perked up as the mare began to speak once more. He took in her words slowly, carefully, letting them settle in his thoughts before even attempting to formulate a reply.

She was kind in her refusal, at least. He had noted that when she had first spoken, but this second proffering, this admission of her own rank, brought a soft smile to his face. A spar? It would certainly be a good way for him to learn. Whether or not he was ready now, he wasn't sure, but he wasn't sure he ever would be. And though a nervousness gripped him, he found himself nodding, ever so softly.

"I would like that," Ashamin answered, his voice soft but no longer shaking, as if emboldened by the prospect of proving his mettle. He considered admitting that he had never before sparred but feared it would only be exposing a weakness. Then again, odd as she was, wasn't she a herdmate? And this was just practice, after all, he didn't expect she'd try to seriously hurt him.

Would she?

The young buck swallowed, his tail flicking to betray his sudden fear. Still, he felt he had to fill the silent void.

"I am new, but... I would like to try, too."

And with that, Ashamin laid his pitiful hand on the table. He lowered his gaze to his hooves, the only potentially formidable thing about him. But no, even they would serve him little use. He couldn't look back at Zandora, but he let his voice trail back towards her. "And it is nice to meet you, Zandora. I appreciate your advice," he responded with sincerity. His inability to look her in the eyes didn't do his submissive thankfulness any sort of justice.

[[About to go on busy and started a spar on the 19th--perhaps we can start ours on the 29th, when I return? That or if you would like you can start it on the 26th and I can just reply when I get back (unlikely before then.) We can keep rping until then a little if you find it necessary but I will be pretty busy and not able to reply much, fair warning.

As for their friendship, we'll see what happens! Ashamin is a friendly if not shy guy so it is definitely within reason. I agree it would be good for them both I think, but we'll see how it all plays out. I try to not plan stuff too much and just let Ashamin do his things.]]
Ashamin
on his own

rainydoll-stock | webtreatsetc | larfsalot
on deviantart

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Tongues Of Flame Will Be Your Bane - by Ashamin - 05-22-2015, 11:17 PM