the Rift

[OPEN] We fly as high as the flame will rise
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
As he spoke, her head lowered, coming down closer to the ground—and the fog curled and danced around her legs, around her body, so eager to hide her and hold her, halo dripping light all the while. But as she extended a leg, leaned forward, shifted weight—they held her back, and her tentative movement ceased. Mauja remained motionless, watching her with the same softness in his eyes—still wondering, with what intention do you approach me?

He couldn't help but feel like he'd let her down in some way, too—like that darkness lingering in the depths of her eyes, that weight hidden among the stars falling against him—

Was it something I did, or something I did not?

"Yes," she finally said, and he couldn't help but feel like he'd somehow failed her again—come up short again, against whatever measurement she used.

What did the world want of him? Greatness? Ice and monsters? A twitch ran along the skin of his back, nerves contracting in frustration (but nothing changed in his eyes). What do you want of me? he wanted to ask, to shy away from the lilac judgment, what do you expect of me?

He would remain in his limbo until he learned who he was. It was that simply—in theory.

Slowly, his head shifted, moved slightly sideways, almost like a tilt but not quite; and he watched as her head came up, voice speaking silence, lungs breathing moist air and whatever quivering pressure lay between them. For some reason he did not speak. It felt like she was not done, like there were more words laying just behind her teeth, and he wondered if she would grace him with them—if he even wanted to hear them.

But the beautiful thing is that he had no choice in the matter.

She was looking at the pond, but what did she see? The stars, or something else? For a moment he let his gaze follow hers, shrugging when she assumed he was not happy with it, and then looking back to her. She seemed so.. fragile, almost, but it was the strength of her gaze that frightened him. He was almost glad she was not looking at him.

"And who did you see?" It was the natural thing to ask, his voice a deep murmur turning to smoke in the fog, disappearing into it—and much as the power of her eyes made him want to squirm, he wished she would look at him when she replied.

If.. she replied.

[ @[Maren] <3 ]
lord, the demands you're making-
help the monster on two feet
walk him down the hall, repeat
and when he's strong enough to stand alone
you'll notice what big teeth . . .
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
We fly as high as the flame will rise - by Maren - 05-15-2015, 08:43 AM
RE: We fly as high as the flame will rise - by Mauja - 06-03-2015, 07:40 AM